Water on Carnival question....

maddea20

Hello, I'll be cruising in 1 week. Yay me :D

Anywhose, I ordered the 12 pack of water for $2.99 from Carnival to be delivered to my stateroom since it just seemed like such a great deal and all I drink is water nowadays. I'm wondering where this water comes from. Is it just bottled water as found in the stores or is this water like from a tap off the ship that they bottled up? I'm asking as from the pictures I see a Carnival name on each bottle and I usually don't drink tap water. So I just hope this water is ok.

Thanks.

Someone may report that during a "Behind the scenes tour", they spotted some Carnival employees secretly filling bottles at a kitchen sink?

Seriously, it may be like other major brands like Dasani that are not spring water, but reprocessed, purified tap water.

We ordered the bottled water on our cruise last week. It was handy to have the bottles in the cabin. I don't recall the brand, but it was in a light green recycled bottle. That's the kind they had all over the ship. It was sealed and just like you would buy in the store. I just can't think of the brand. We drank plenty of it and it was perfectly fine! :D

I do not think cruise ship has the equipment to bottle (seal) the water. However, if the water really was "reprocessed, purified tap water", would the tap water on ship be the same?

Kind of funny people that will only drink bottled water, you know there is no new water, we keep re-using the same water that has been here for hundreds of years over and over...something to think about when your on the porcelain throan, that may be your bottled water someday:eek:

Kind of funny people that will only drink bottled water, you know there is no new water, we keep re-using the same water that has been here for hundreds of years over and over...something to think about when your on the porcelain throan, that may be your bottled water someday:eek:

Reminds me of a quote from W.C. Fields, well known for his liquor consumption. Allegedly, someone once offered Bill a glass of water. (I'll paraphrase his response to make it "G" rated). His response: "Water?! Ugh! Fish poop in that!" :D

We find water to be water whether our community or the ship and only purchase bottled water when out and about a bottle at a time.

We find the ships water to be about the same as bottled. Just a lot cheaper.

I read somewhere, either on Carnival website or from a John Heald post that it is spring water - which is why I ordered it. Don't care for the taste of Dasani and don't think there is any taste at all in filtered, purified drinking water.

I hope it's spring water....

http://iceriversprings.com/private-label-bottling/

This is the company they are using to bottle. I can't recall if the bottle said spring or purified on it though.

We also don't care for the water on the ship because it seems to make my mom's ankles puff up which indicates that the sodium level is a bit high. We only used the "free" water we got for our VIFP gift but have ordered the cases for our next cruise.

Hello, I'll be cruising in 1 week. Yay me :D

Anywhose, I ordered the 12 pack of water for $2.99 from Carnival to be delivered to my stateroom since it just seemed like such a great deal and all I drink is water nowadays. I'm wondering where this water comes from. Is it just bottled water as found in the stores or is this water like from a tap off the ship that they bottled up? I'm asking as from the pictures I see a Carnival name on each bottle and I usually don't drink tap water. So I just hope this water is ok.

Thanks.

Just off the Carnival Ecstasy. I also ordered the 12 pack. It was in my cabin when I checked in. Yes, the label is Ice River Green. I'm looking at the bottle now. The Natural Spring Water is bottled in High Springs, FL. The bottle is made from 100% recycled plastic. The same brand, larger bottles, is given to returning Carnival cruisers. http://www.iceriversprings.com is their website if you want to find out more information. I've been drinking it all week.

Have a great cruise.

last week on the Pride we had the 12 pack delivered prior to boarding, and it was spring water bottled in north Carolina. the free bottles of water they left us as the gift for past cruisers was also spring water but bottled in Tennessee. both were good.

Doug

Speaking of ship's water. We always drink lots of that but....we were on the Dream in April 2015. Thr water in Lido buffet was super nasty. It tasted like chlorine every time

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Just off the Carnival Ecstasy. I also ordered the 12 pack. It was in my cabin when I checked in. Yes, the label is Ice River Green. I'm looking at the bottle now. The Natural Spring Water is bottled in High Springs, FL. The bottle is made from 100% recycled plastic. The same brand, larger bottles, is given to returning Carnival cruisers. http://www.iceriversprings.com is their website if you want to find out more information. I've been drinking it all week.

Have a great cruise.

Thanks for the information. :)

This is the company they are using to bottle. I can't recall if the bottle said spring or purified on it though.

I recall it (from 3 weeks ago) being SPRING water. Was fine; didn't have the added minerals that Dasani (purified tap water) has.

The ships make their own water through evaporation; the issue isn't that it was sea water a few hours ago, the issue is in what they have to do in order to keep the fresh water system on the ship sterile. Often the engineers down below put too much bromide and chlorine in the system, and the taste suffers badly. Furthermore, it's rare that they are courteous enough to put out a notice that tells all the passengers that they're sterilizing the system; that the brown color is a normal byproduct of that process, and that passengers should be advised to let their water run until clear for the next half day or so.

We also don't care for the water on the ship because it seems to make my mom's ankles puff up which indicates that the sodium level is a bit high. We only used the "free" water we got for our VIFP gift but have ordered the cases for our next cruise.

The ship's tap water may be part of the reason your mom's ankles puff up. I have that issue too sometimes. However, it doesn't help that all of the food is probably very salty.

The ship's tap water may be part of the reason your mom's ankles puff up. I have that issue too sometimes. However, it doesn't help that all of the food is probably very salty.

Concur! Chow is EXTREMELY salty..tasty, but even I swell up from it.