MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

Having booked blind in December 2015 for Seaside I would have expected that by now the cabin details would have been made available, only recently Celebrity released details of their Edge class ship and had more details available than MSC have so far !

When all the YouTube videos of Meraviglia began appearing, I think I was a little sorry that I watched them all, which kinda took away some of the anticipation of seeing the new ship. By the time we'd boarded, we'd seen most of it. Maybe it's good to have a little mystery - especially with your suite? We were very nicely surprised at the spaciousness of our Yacht Club cabin.

Having booked blind in December 2015 for Seaside I would have expected that by now the cabin details would have been made available, only recently Celebrity released details of their Edge class ship and had more details available than MSC have so far !

Totally agree. I booked 9003 blind in Jan 2016, thinking I could make adjustments if I didn't like the plan when it was confirmed. Our sailing is now virtually sold out (at least for quads) so it's basically take it or leave it. That is in addition to losing the private island day. I'm sure we'll be happy, just a bit irritated at this point.

I'm curious. How many passengers on board will be cruise critic members and will know about the bait and switch with the cabins? At least anyone reading these threads have a chance to make inquiries and changes if needed. I can't imagine getting on the ship and finding out for the first time that you didn't get the cabin you expected. I'm going onboard knowing that I'll probably have a one bedroom instead of a two bedroom. I'll be disappointed but I'm prepared to deal with it. But what a shock for those with no idea.

Great thread. I have a very specific question and I was hoping to find an answer here. We are in 12101. I'm concerned about the "blank space" across the hallway. I try to avoid these areas because they are often noisy work areas for the crew. However, this "blank space" is connected to some type of interior hallway. The interior hallway leads to a set of steps that I presume are for crew only. Other decks above/below show the same type of interior space. Does anyone know if this is crew area?

Could these be solo cabins perhaps [emoji4]?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can't find the actual layout of the Aft Suites - can you share where you found it? Is it the size of a balcony suite?

Also, since it looks like the GS that I'm booked in not only isn't a 2/2, it also looks like one of the smallest GS (90001) If I end up in a 1 room suite accommodating 4-5, I think I'm better off in a corner GS. Does anyone know if there is a balcony on the side of those corner suites? (the 02 and 03's) They definitely look larger than some center 01's. Anyone heave measurements?

Thank you!

Just had a look at the deck plans for your suite, Dave. I mean ............. I knew you'd nabbed one of the aft ones. WOW ................ it looks incredible!

I'd been meaning for a long time to go back through the thread, but it kept growing and I was following Meraviglia's progress - for obvious reasons, so I really didn't quite get what you'd booked.

I can't find the actual layout of the Aft Suites - can you share where you found it? Is it the size of a balcony suite?

I was just looking at the basic deck plans and saw the size of the cabin vs others - it looks incredibly spacious. There's no info yet about the layout.

Vill85 ... This drone video may answer your question! Currently there is no official layout of the Aft suites, having waited since boooking one in December 2015 for December 23 rd this year its time MSC got their act together.

Sea Trials are due in around two weeks time, there was an issue last week on the Electrical system but that has now been fixed.

So far to date my friend who is working onboard has not been able to get any photos or info on the GS or Aft suites, but will keep reminding him and hopefully we might get something.

Thanks for these photos!

I've been reading some of the Meraviglia threads and noticing the gelato, pastries, smoothies, and specialty coffees are fee based? Or perhaps that's specifically only at the Jean Philippe location. We've upgraded to the premium drinks package for our Seaside cruise at the end of the year and I'm getting worried that all those extras--beyond alcohol--will suddenly not be included because they'll only be available at the Jean Phillipe. My kids will be sorely disappointed if that happens. As will I. I appreciate my coffee drinks each day. As always...wish we knew more! :(

I was just checking thru' the online brochure when I came across the fact that Jean Philippe is not on Seaside - only Meraviglia. You'll be glad to hear that a Gelataria (I'm assuming similar to Fantasia class) is being planned onboard. Page 220 under 'Bars and Cafés' right-hand column:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Brochures/Our-Brochures.aspx

Just to clarify: there is gelato included with drinks packages onboard Meraviglia - just not at the Jean Philippe venue.

Edited by Beamafar

Bea ... After Two previous attempts to obtain the latest paper brochure via a local travel agent they finally managed to get me the 2018/19 brochure, not had chance to look through it yet though.

Fostello ... will try to find out for you.

The link I put up is to the US online brochure, Dave. It's the current 2017/18 one. The US site doesn't even have the 2018/19 online brochure available yet, unlike both the UK and Ireland websites, which do.

Thanks to Pete posting the pics from the UK's 2018/19 online brochure I found out about the new drinks pricing structures which will come into effect probably around April next year. As a result, I've discovered that our friend in the UK MSC office is overcharging me on the upgrade - €7 instead of €5.50 - according to the brochure prices. Not her fault, that's what the system has calculated.

I may reconsider upgrading at this point. The difference is €1.50 pppd x 62 (31 days x 2 pax) = €93. Better in my pocket than in MSC's. However, I don't know how much the overall difference would cost if I waited 'til onboard. :confused: Probably still better value to bite the bullet and upgrade now. At least I'll pay in Euros and not be hostage to currency exchange rates. At the moment it's working out at about €362 if I upgrade onboard, including paying the 15%. It'll cost me €434 if I prepay. But the Euro is strong against USD at the moment so that €362 is dependent on the rate being similar in 19 months time.

It's funny ................ I was delighted when I heard it was only going to be €7. Now, I'm a bit peeved (just a teensy, weensy bit) that I'm being short-changed. Pete has an awful lot to answer for! :rolleyes: :D

On a side note, a poster on another thread has been unable to upgrade their Aurea included drinks package with the US office.

I was just checking thru' the online brochure when I came across the fact that Jean Philippe is not on Seaside - only Meraviglia. You'll be glad to hear that a Gelataria (I'm assuming similar to Fantasia class) is being planned onboard. Page 220 under 'Bars and Cafés' right-hand column:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Brochures/Our-Brochures.aspx

Just to clarify: there is gelato included with drinks packages onboard Meraviglia - just not at the Jean Philippe venue.

If you go to see some of the artists renderings released a while ago for Seaside, it shows Venchi Chocolate Factory, Ice Cream and Coffee Bar

If you go to see some of the artists renderings released a while ago for Seaside, it shows Venchi Chocolate Factory, Ice Cream and Coffee Bar

In the brochure, the Gelataria, which, it states, is on Seaside, Divina, Preziosa, Splendida, Fantasia, Magnifica, Musica, Poesia and Orchestra, has "the finest Venchi ice-cream, freshly made every day".

I'm familiar with the Gelataria on the Fantasia class ships. The gelato served there is included in drinks packages and the sundaes/sweet treats are included in the deluxe packages.

It will be interesting to see if this 'Venchi Chocolate Factory' will operate like Meraviglia's Jean Philippe franchise. Sounds like it, to me. I don't like the direction MSC is going in.

Bea ... After Two previous attempts to obtain the latest paper brochure via a local travel agent they finally managed to get me the 2018/19 brochure, not had chance to look through it yet though.

Fostello ... will try to find out for you.

you can order a 2018/2019 brochure on the UK web site, just scroll down to he very bottom and click on ' online brochure and then click order a brochure, I ordered one last week and am waiting for it to arive

In the brochure, the Gelataria, which, it states, is on Seaside, Divina, Preziosa, Splendida, Fantasia, Magnifica, Musica, Poesia and Orchestra, has "the finest Venchi ice-cream, freshly made every day".

I'm familiar with the Gelataria on the Fantasia class ships. The gelato served there is included in drinks packages and the sundaes/sweet treats are included in the deluxe packages.

It will be interesting to see if this 'Venchi Chocolate Factory' will operate like Meraviglia's Jean Philippe franchise. Sounds like it, to me. I don't like the direction MSC is going in.

It looks pretty "branded" in this diagram and description ...

Venchi Cioccogelateria & Coffee Bar, Gelateria & Creperie

Designed in partnership with famous chocolate brand Venchi, the Venchi Cioccogelateria & Coffee Bar on MSC Seaside is a place to admire our master chocolatiers creating their mouthwatering delights in an open kitchen before savoring them in elegant surroundings. An irresistible experience!

Designed in partnership with famous chocolate brand Venchi, the Venchi Cioccogelateria & Coffee Bar on MSC Seaside is a place to admire our master chocolatiers creating their mouthwatering delights in an open kitchen before savoring them in elegant surroundings. An irresistible experience!

Cgj7RlgWsAAD4uR.jpg-large.jpg