MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

With MSC having differing information on various cabins on Seaside between the UK and USA site I though I would check out the deck plans on each site.

The UK site shows just 18 decks while the USA site shows 20 ... :o despite the fact that we have known there are 20 for some time.

How hard can it be to align both websites so they show the correct and the same information on the Seaside.

When you go into the section titled "our fleet" it shows Belissima as the next flag ship which will also be built in France, you have to begin to wonder with the lack of information on either Seaside or Seaview whether MSC have a decent working relationship with Fincantieri and if they really are serious about this class of ship or are they just a folly!

The UK site shows just 18 decks while the USA site shows 20 ... :o despite the fact that we have known there are 20 for some time.

How hard can it be to align both websites so they show the correct and the same information on the Seaside.

Deck 19 and Deck 20 are fairly new additions to the US site. In fact last time I looked (which wasn't that long ago), they were not listed.

ER ... They have been there over a month or more.

That is fairly recent considering how long they have been out. I've been checking periodically ever since Deck 19 was released, and finally gave up on them ever updating it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know how you feel, I think a lot of people have given up on MSC recently and their inability to actually converse with the paying public, they appear to be incapable of handing out information requested from them, almost 3 weeks now since I asked for info on GS and Aft cabins.

Plenty of talk but that is about as far as it goes.

I know how you feel, I think a lot of people have given up on MSC recently and their inability to actually converse with the paying public, they appear to be incapable of handing out information requested from them, almost 3 weeks now since I asked for info on GS and Aft cabins.

Plenty of talk but that is about as far as it goes.

It really shouldn't be that difficult. At this stage all the designs are complete, floor plans finalized, etc.

They still haven't even officially announced the ship will have a zip line.

They still haven't even officially announced the ship will have a zip line.

The website has had it for a long time...

"For thrill-seekers who want to experience the sensation of flying at sea, MSC Seaside will feature the longest zip line on any cruise ship currently at sea. Taking off from the funnel at the top of the ship, guests will fly an impressive 425 feet across the length of the ship landing at the aft."

....but we all know how accurate MSC websites are. ;)

LINK

The website has had it for a long time...

"For thrill-seekers who want to experience the sensation of flying at sea, MSC Seaside will feature the longest zip line on any cruise ship currently at sea. Taking off from the funnel at the top of the ship, guests will fly an impressive 425 feet across the length of the ship landing at the aft."

....but we all know how accurate MSC websites are. ;)

LINK

Guess I missed that, or perhaps I was looking for renderings of it or even a CGI video of it. Maybe a notation on the deck plan as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi all,

Following the thread with interest. We're booked on the sister ship Seaview next year, through our US TA.

We're recently off Meraviglia and although it was a beautiful ship with great facilities, we felt the food in the MDR was average. So our aim this time round is to book some of the speciality restaurant options.

When we login to our booking we only have drinks package options at this stage. Has anyone screenshot and posted the speciality restaurant options for Seaside? I've not seen them posted but I could well have missed that...or maybe they're not available yet?

For Meravigilia I seem to remember a trio restaurant option for reasonable price.

Thanks

Has anyone screenshot and posted the speciality restaurant options for Seaside? I've not seen them posted but I could well have missed that...or maybe they're not available yet?

I cancelled my seaside booking before any were available to view. I called about a week ago and was told they have a package for two people that gives three dinners, one at each of Ocean Cay, Butcher's Cut and the Asian Market for $138, again that was for two people. I was told you could eat at your choice of either either side of the Asian restaurant. I was also told the thermal area spa pass was $90 for the week. I too would like to hear any details from those booked.

We're booked through the UK site, so this might be a bit different from the USA offerings, but hopefully it gives you an idea. Please excuse the terrible formatting; I only had time for a quick copy/paste.

SEAFOOD FEST

SEASIDE DINING EXPERIENCE SEAFOOD FEST! Be prepared to put a bib on! The unforgettable experience in Ocean Cay restaurant offering signature seafood menu: sea bass, crab, clams. oysters and much more ... The package includes food only, a three-courses dinner to choose from the à la carte menu. Some items may be subject to extra charge. Day of booking to be confirmed on board. Price per person: Adults £ 28,00 Children £ 28,00

TRIO - THREE DISTINCT DINING EXPERIENCES

SEASIDE DINING EXPERIENCE. Three distinct dining experiences ... OCEAN CAY SEAFOOD RESTAURANT, ASIAN MARKET and BUTCHER'S CUT STEAKHOUSE . Ocean Cay is an exclusive venue offering signature seafood menu: sea bass, crab, clams. oysters and much more ... Asian Market Kitchen by Roy Yamaguchi is offering exquisite sushi, sashimi and tempura created by famous Chef Roy Yamaguchi, with much more to it at the row bar and teppanyaki table. Butchers' Cut is a unique parlor where the guests can choose their favorite beef breeds and cuts from our glass-fronted meat ageing fridges. The package includes food only, a three-courses dinner to choose from the à la carte menu. Some items may be subject to extra charge. Day of booking to be confirmed on board. Price per person: Adults £49,00 Children £ 49,00

DISCOVER ROY'S CUISINE!

SEASIDE DINING EXPERIENCE. DISCOVER ROY'S CUISINE! Over three nights in three distinct Asian Market venues, SUSHI, TEPPANYAKI and PAN ASIAN. Roy Yamaguchi is a celebrity Chef originally from Hawaii with Japanese roots, acclaimed in the US and the Pacific region. We are offering a discovery of sushi, pan Asian and teppanyaki dishes with the magical Roy's twist, over three night in three distinct dinning rooms! Roy Yamaguchi’s cuisine is as much a state of mind as it is a way of cooking…it’s about his love of freshness and flavors of childhoods spent in Hawaii and in Japan – freely blended with the European cooking techniques in which Roy was trained. The package includes food only, a three courses dinner to choose from the à la carte menu. Some items may be subject to extra charge. Day of booking to be confirmed on board. Price per person: Adults £ 46,00 Children £ 46,00

BUTCHER'S CUT CHEF TABLE

SEASIDE DINING EXPERIENCE BUTCHER'S CUT STEAKHOUSE DINING EXPERIENCE ... Your own Chef ... Your own Sommelier! The head Chef will cook exclusively for your table from the open and show kitchen that you will be facing. A discovery of Butcher's Cut menu is proposed with a family style service (the food is served in the middle of the table for a friendly experience). The Sommelier will be attending your table to tell you all about the New World wines that will be served with your meal. The experience includes two bottles of New World wines (eg; Malbec and Zinfandel) for a table of 8. Tailored menu made by the Chef exclusively for your table is composed of a shellfish platter to share, 1 appetizer, a dry aged ribeye with sauces and sides selection and 1 chocolate lava cake. Our Maître d'hôtel will assist you with planning and reservation of your prepaid experiences. Price per person: Adults £ 53,00 Children £ 53,00

DINNER AND BUBBLESSEASIDE DINING EXPERIENCE DINNER AND BUBBLES Choose your favorite dining style for an exclusive dinner for two, OCEAN CAY SEAFOOD RESTAURANT or SUSHI RESTAURANT or BUTCHER'S CUT STEAKHOUSE. For a romantic twist, one bottle of chilled Champagne is included in this experience, Ocean Cay is an exclusive venue offering signature seafood menu: sea bass, crab, clams. oysters and much more ... Sushi restaurant is offering exquisite sushi, sashimi and tempura created by famous Chef Roy Yamaguchi, with much more to it at teppanyaki table. Butchers' Cut is a unique parlor where the guests can choose their favorite beef breeds and cuts from our glass-fronted meat ageing fridges. The package includes a three-courses dinner to choose from the à la carte menu. Some items may be subject to extra charge. This experience can be booked by minimum 2 persons. Day of booking to be confirmed on board. Price per person: Adults £ 67,00 Children £ 67,00

Thanks Seaweeyin for the info. Would be tempted by the value of the trio but not a big seafood fan.

Would be interested if anyone with a US booking can confirm the deals are the same, just with different prices? Thanks again.

Right there with you. Fish are friends, not food.

Here are the prices in US$:

Seafood Feast - $40 per person

TRIO - THREE DISTINCT DINING EXPERIENCES - $69 per person

DISCOVER ROY'S CUISINE! -$65 per person

BUTCHER'S CUT CHEF TABLE - $75 per person

DINNER AND BUBBLES - $95 per person

I wish we were allowed to share the rendering but our TA was told she couldn't share the drawing for public distribution and we are honoring that but mock ups and descriptions were okay so I created this fast mock-up of the drawing. It does list this as cabin layout for deck 15

mockup.JPG

Once she gets the okay I promise to share.

Just wondering about the little window in each aft suite closest to the aft glass elevators. Would this look out from the entrance hallway?

When I first looked at pictures of the back of the ship, I thought the room began where the aft balcony is in the picture. Now I realize it also includes the curved white exterior wall with this little window which goes to the glass in the center where the elevators will be.

This will indeed be a lot of space!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

Would this look out from the entrance hallway?

Bluefish17 ... No one knows as yet if it will be clear or frosted / opaque glass in those windows, my guess is that it will be frosted for privacy but with MSC who knows?

Just looked at some closer pictures of the build. Looks like that window will be about 5 feet tall.

I think the door into the suite will have to face forward and be at the end of the small corridor adjacent to the aft glass elevators. Entering through the door you will probably be in a curved hallway around the bathroom paralleling the curve of the exterior wall. Window in this wall probably smoked glass.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

I think the door into the suite will have to face forward and be at the end of the small corridor adjacent to the aft glass elevators. Entering through the door you will probably be in a curved hallway around the bathroom paralleling the curve of the exterior wall. Window in this wall probably smoked glass.

That's what the sketch plans show, though I cannot tell much of anything about the window(s). One interesting point ... the last two staterooms on either side of the ship seem to share a privacy access door (perhaps accessible by keycard), before accessing the door to their own stateroom(s). Though I can't be sure, it may have been added for one or both of the following reasons:

1) security: alleviate dead-end / confined space at the end of the hallway, which yields to the entrance of two staterooms

2) aesthetics: to clean up the lines of the hallway near the aft, panoramic elevators. This would also thwart people from walking to the end of the corridor, before realizing they have to turn around.

SD ... None of the available deck plans show what you describe, so it could well be that what you have is an early idea that has been shelved prior or during the start of the build of the ship.

Having a door where you say would make no sense whatsoever, there is no dead end because you can go from one side to the other past the elevator shaft plus the distance of two cabins would likely not constitute a dead end.

SD ... None of the available deck plans show what you describe, so it could well be that what you have is an early idea that has been shelved prior or during the start of the build of the ship.

Having a door where you say would make no sense whatsoever, there is no dead end because you can go from one side to the other past the elevator shaft plus the distance of two cabins would likely not constitute a dead end.

Given that many on this thread have acknowledged conflicting information on multiple MSC websites, I am not sure that anyone knows what information is accurate. I have no stake in this, as I am not booked in those staterooms. As previous posted by another individual on the same cruise as me, the plans for this area were provided to our T/A by an MSC sales rep. As previously stated, we are not permitted to show the image to anyone, until the information is made public.

Sid, the difference between the deck plan and the image received by a few on this thread is a single, short wall on either side of the ship (see the red lines which I added). I also added a curved blue line, which represents the entrance into the stateroom after walking around the bathroom. Is the information we have accurate? I can't say for sure, but compare the images in post #1226 and #1367 to the deckplan and pictures of the ship.

https://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/9/5/8/2/0/8/webimg/960660977_o.jpg

Steve ... I am going to hazard a guess here that what you have seen is likely a pre build drawing that someone was able to take a photo of that does not now reflect how the ship will look, unless as you say the deck plan has been changed.

As I said in another post there is no logical reason to have a door where you have the Red line unless access to the Fantastica cabin next to the Aurea one is in a different place, now that I could understand because it would then give the Aurea suite a small vestibule. On current deck plans having the door to the Fantastica cabin elsewhere does not look possible.