music on my balcony

jiggs

To play devil's advocate here:

What time is it "OK" to play audible music on your balcony?

I'm from the west coast and it takes me a couple of days to acclimate to the time difference out of Miami.

When it's midnight there my internal musical clock thinks it's only 9PM.:eek:

Jonah Heald just posted on his FB page that they are taking speakers from p people if find them or are heard.

He said speakers were fine but not at 2am in the hallway. No mention whatsoever that balconies were not allowed. In fact, I read from his post that it was okay as long as it was at a reasonable level.

Just because it's not explicitly banned, doesn't mean you should do it. Obviously from your responses, you are going to go ahead and use a speaker on your balcony, just don't be surprised if you have multiple complaints throughout the cruise. Not that you are going to care one way or the other

He said speakers were fine but not at 2am in the hallway. No mention whatsoever that balconies were not allowed. In fact, I read from his post that it was okay as long as it was at a reasonable level.

I have tried to find this post on his page and do not see it. I would like to read the whole thing since people (not you) only state parts of what he says so that it suits their purposes. Was it a post he made specifically or was it in response to a question?

This thread has been very interesting as most people seem to be reasonable with the music (whether playing it or being able to hear it). Then there are those "I only want quiet and you have to be quiet as a mouse as it is MY vacation". People partying on their balcony disturb me but as long as they aren't obnoxious about it I am not going to complain as it is not only MY vacation but it is THEIRS too!

Life is all about compromise and it is really sad that now days there are more people concerned about only themselves instead of working with others and compromising. I would have no problem being polite and letting someone know their music was bothering me, just as I would probably tell them if I really liked it. Pretty sure no one is going to pull a gun on me on a cruise!

People - can't we all just get along? :D:D