Viking River Cruise

deltawanderer

I think I will see a little more from my Balcony. Anyway, I'll be out there with my coffee, greeting the Swans, as they watch me put on my makeup. ;)

They are prettier from above than from below ;)

They are prettier from above than from below ;)

Aquarium class will have you seeing the swans next to you, not below. You are sending the wrong information to those who are considering aquarium class. It almost seems as though you are mocking these cabins.

Edited by Got2Cruise

Aquarium class will have you seeing the swans next to you, not below. You are sending the wrong information to those who are considering aquarium class. It almost seems as though you are mocking these cabins.

Sorry. My sense of humor obviously differs.

Sorry. My sense of humor obviously differs.

I did find it a bit confusing too but luckily knew that the aquarium class windows are above water. Hopefully other readers looking for info will understand that too. The meaning of humour, particularly sarcasm is very easy to misinterpret when in print without the benefit of all the other features of face to face communication.

A few years ago, I had dinner with the consulate general of Italy. We were sitting in an Italian restaurant in Oregon.

As I was choosing my wine, he said, "Americans are quick to buy an expensive wine, in Italy, we know that no self respecting restaurant would serve a bad house wine. Start at the bottom and move up the list... It is easier to move up the price list, much harder to go back."

We continued to have a lovely conversation about the cultural differences in decision making. It was an evening's conversation that I will never forget. It profoundly influenced how I made decisions, although always intentional... This increased my discernment processes.

I thought about a veranda cabin, but I know I will not be in the room much. I will go 2see the river cruise choices, on this trip, using a Aqua-rium class cabin (pun on celebrity cruises ).

It would be a mistake to equate cabin choice will any sort of socio-economic status... I think often people make choice based on stairs, access to a particular part of a boat, or health reasons.

No matter the cabin, I will totally enjoy the life I am experiencing in the moment. I hope the people who are in any other cabin, enjoy their trip too.

Edited by Go2See
Word change

It would be a mistake to equate cabin choice will any sort of socio-economic status... I think often people make choice based on stairs, access to a particular part of a boat, or health reasons.

Our first (and only so far) river cruise was Viking Emerald China Imperial Jewels. By the time we were ready to book (in January for March) all that was left was a suite (basically a normal-sized hotel room). Only difference, besides size, from the other rooms on the ship (everyone had a balcony) was that it was on the top passenger deck and we had a small fridge. Lots of people were "impressed" that we were in a suite but when we all started talking (who were in these rooms) it turned out we were all late bookers who had no choice. On our next cruise in a month (we got our docs today!) we will be in a French balcony room and will be perfectly happy. Would have booked aquarium but I'm slightly claustrophobic and feared that I would be stricken.

A few years ago, I had dinner with the consulate general of Italy. We were sitting in an Italian restaurant in Oregon.

As I was choosing my wine, he said, "Americans are quick to buy an expensive wine, in Italy, we know that no self respecting restaurant would serve a bad house wine. Start at the bottom and move up the list... It is easier to move up the price list, much harder to go back."

We continued to have a lovely conversation about the cultural differences in decision making. It was an evening's conversation that I will never forget. It profoundly influenced how I made decisions, although always intentional... This increased my discernment processes.

I thought about a veranda cabin, but I know I will not be in the room much. I will go 2see the river cruise choices, on this trip, using a Aqua-rium class cabin (pun on celebrity cruises ).

No matter the cabin, I will totally enjoy the life I am experiencing in the moment. I hope the people who are in any other cabin, enjoy their trip too.

That was exactly my thought process when we booked our cruise--we're starting with the aquarium class cabin. I figure it's always easier to go up a category next time than start with the best and go down! And as of this week, there are still empty cabins on our sailing so I'm assuming we could look into an upgrade on board if we aren't happy.

Cubbie1 we will also be on the Viking Skirnir, but will JUST miss you by a day! We'll be disembarking in Budapest just as you arrive. You are the closest traveller I have seen to my own trip--still haven't seen anyone here that will be with me. I'll try to take care of the ship for you. ;)

• 5 weeks later...

:D

We were rafted quite often on the Eastern Danube trip this spring. I don't mind--we get the balcony room as well and it's nice at nice when your cruising to sit out and get fresh air and see the stars. When you're docked during the day, chances are you won't be in your room.

Just a word of caution: peek through the curtains before flinging them open first thing in the morning. I may or may not have done that in my underwear and the lady in the cabin 8 feet away may or may not have done the same thing at the same time. :rolleyes:

I read your post to my Hubby and we both enjoyed a big laugh!! You were too funny. Thanks for the laugh....and the tip!