Price range for Eastern Caribbean in low season

ccheng64

What is the typical price range for a cheapest balcony for a 7 nights Eastern Caribbean cruise departuring between Thanksgiving and Christmas assuming there is a flash sale?

There are so many ships in Caribbean during the low season and it seems it is hard for the cruiselines to fill up the ships before the final payment day?

Thanks.

Have you checked the website for the current fares offered and any sales offered?

Fares may very well drop as you get closer to the sailing. It all depends on the demand. Off season is very popular just because of lower fares. Also, Thanksgiving is a holiday and, as such, command a higher price. Can we say that the fares will drop? No. None of us, unfortunately, have a crystal ball.

If you are not too picky and can wait to the last minute that can be a good time to snag a bargain. For that it also better not to plan just look mid November and if lucky pull the trigger. Last Jan we scored a 5 day to Mexico balcony on Caribe with the large balcony for ..... $199 per person. BTW cheapest I ever got and may never see again.

framer

There will be lots of promos for the season between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Compare the net fares by subtracting any OBC. Right now there are balcony fares less OBC in the range of $95/pp/night which is kind of close to the lowest they get. I also see mini suites in the net range of $120/pp/night which is also low.

I agree...$599, maybe $549. I don't recall seeing lower for a balcony for 7 nights in the Caribbean on Princess though I can imagine it might drop to $499 if necessary just before sailing date. Usually the seniors from Florida fill out the ships in the few weeks prior to the cruise.

November-December, except for the holiday weeks, is a perfect time in the Caribbean because the risk of hurricanes has pretty much passed and the water temps are still comfortable.

Cheapest we ever saw in the Caribbean on Princess was $399 for an inside for a 10-night cruise in April 2011. The Star Princess did one or two Caribbean runs between South America and Europe. We actually flew down to Fort Lauderdale for just one cruise, which is something we hadn't done in years.

Some of the best fares we've found have been by booking short cruises back to back to make a longer one. Our New Year's cruises on the Caribbean worked out to be around $90 per person per day with taxes and insurance. We booked balcony guarantees and were lucky to be assigned to an accessible cabin for the first cruise and a Caribe Deck one for the second.

Edited by geoherb