It pays to keep looking at the NCL site.

TruckerDave

I was bored and scanning the ole NCL site just now and low and behold my Med cruise on the Epic I have booked for next May had a piece drop. It was $250 cheaper then when I booked :eek: Plus they also have some other bonuses (choice of free soda pkg or dining credit plus a couple more)....a quick phone call and poof I just saved a cool $250 bones and got a free soda package tossed in with it. Yay Me. :D

Maybe i'll check my bank account maybe there is some extra cash in that as well. :p

It's always a good idea to keep checking prices on anything you have booked.

There's a great web-based service that charges a very small fee that will notify you if there are any price changes on whatever cruises you specify. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to name it on here.

I was bored and scanning the ole NCL site just now and low and behold my Med cruise on the Epic I have booked for next May had a piece drop. It was $250 cheaper then when I booked :eek: Plus they also have some other bonuses (choice of free soda pkg or dining credit plus a couple more)....a quick phone call and poof I just saved a cool $250 bones and got a free soda package tossed in with it. Yay Me. :D

Maybe i'll check my bank account maybe there is some extra cash in that as well. :p

Yes, yay you!!! :D Best of luck on your bank account. :p

It's always a good idea to keep checking prices on anything you have booked.

There's a great web-based service that charges a very small fee that will notify you if there are any price changes on whatever cruises you specify. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to name it on here.

You can sign up for free on cruise critic . com for price checks. they send you an email on Fridays or you can check it yourself daily.

You can sign up for free on cruise critic . com for price checks. they send you an email on Fridays or you can check it yourself daily.

Thanks for the tip. I am now signed up. I assume the others that aren't free might offer something a little better, but this will work for now.

Trucker Dave it is good to see you are still Cruising! I remember we were on the Pearl two years ago! Sorry you didn't make it to the Meet and Greet!

I was actually going to do the Euro crusie this year...but...as they say s%&t happens. Plus then I decided to sell my house and move to Charleston SC so that has been my main focus these last few months. Of course now Carnival has a ship right in Charleston and it is only about a 10 min drive from my house to the pier :eek:

I booked a cruise on the Dawn through the NCL website on June 15th, 2015. Departing July 24th, 2015. I paid in full.

The price is +- $150 lower now. Am I able to get a reduction or on board credit???

I'm a newbie and saw this post and thought ... What the hell..

I booked a cruise on the Dawn through the NCL website on June 15th, 2015. Departing July 24th, 2015. I paid in full.

The price is +- $150 lower now. Am I able to get a reduction or on board credit???

Probably not as you are already paid in full, my final payment isn't due until Mar i think. l. When they did mine, they technically canceled my previous cruise and rebooked it with the new rate and benefits. But you can always just give them a call, it can't hurt to ask.

Sorry, they don't give any credit after final payment. If there's a higher category cabin selling for the same or less than you paid, they will generally allow you to change cabins.

Sorry, they don't give any credit after final payment. If there's a higher category cabin selling for the same or less than you paid, they will generally allow you to change cabins.

Hit the nail on the head here!

We weren't able to get any OBC on our '12 Alaska cruise but Norwegian DID upgrade us to two ajoining balcony cabins from an OceanView & Inside cabin levels when the prices dropped dramatically. Doubt if there is any recourse for someone seeking compensation for the minimal $150 drop others mentioned.

Just this morning, I was searching the NCL website and noticed that the price of balconies on my upcoming cruise had dropped considerably. I was able to upgrade us from an OK(obstructed view) to a BC Balcony for less than $400 and they increased my OBC, as well.

I didn't do as well as the OP but, since I had heard that the Bermuda cruises from Boston rarely drop in price, I was pleasantly surprised. This is for our 25th wedding anniversary and my hubby has no idea I have upgraded. He won't find out until we open the cabin door.

My suggestion to anyone wondering is to call NCL. You just never know.