Bringing alcohol on board update please

Balloon Man

We drink non-alcohol wine. It irks me to pay $25-35 for an $8 bottle of wine. I hope to bring some on board for consumption in our cabin.

Which irks you the most, the price or the taste? ;p

That stuff is like battery acid to me, I'd rather not drink.

We just returned from a 7 day Marina cruise. We brought 5 bottles of wine and 1 bottle of bourbon in our small roll on suitcase. There was no discussion at check in.

We took 4 nice bottles of wine to dinner and paid for corkage. The last bottle of wine and the bourbon we consumed in the state room. There was quite a bit of bourbon left, so that got packed up and shipped home in the checked luggage, and the bottle did not break.

We just returned from a 7 day Marina cruise. We brought 5 bottles of wine and 1 bottle of bourbon in our small roll on suitcase. There was no discussion at check in.

We took 4 nice bottles of wine to dinner and paid for corkage. The last bottle of wine and the bourbon we consumed in the state room. There was quite a bit of bourbon left, so that got packed up and shipped home in the checked luggage, and the bottle did not break.

What is the corkage fee in the GDR? Thanks.

Bill

So if you bring a 1.5 liter on board, will they store it over a few nights if it isn't consumed on 1 or 2 nights?

Yes, they will store it and they will retrieve it for you for dinner on following evenings regardless of which restaurant you dine in.