Purchased Spa Pass Early!?

amshowers

Really appreciate the Heads Up!..The Spa Passes are the only thing left to make our cruise complete and had planned to head directly to the Spa once we were on board. Just put a reminder on my calendar at the 90 day mark to start checking NCL.com for availability.

Don't do it! We purchased on the Breakaway, and now we will never be able to NOT get spa passes!

Oh no! That is what I was told about NCL suites. Now I am hooked.

Booked a fwd PH on Jade for Feb 2017 for a spa cruise. Will be my first spa pass cruise. Ready to be hooked again.

Can someone please tell me what the spa passes include? I am sailing (first time) on the Gem in October and want to decide if this will be something we will enjoy/need?

I would imagine one of the selling points is fewer crowds.....yes?

Does anyone know if kids are allowed in the spa? I'd love to have a spa day/mani/pedi with my 8 year old daughter. If not, we'll just do it in the days leading up to the cruise, but it would just be extra special on the ship.

Hi all...

Many thanks for this great information! Go CC!!!

I am sailing with my 20 y.o. daughter and her friend and I want to get them spa passes via this new and fabulous online option. The problem is that they are not booked in my cabin.

My question is....does anyone know if the passes can be transferred after purchase?

Thanks!

My sister and I are booked on the Jewel for a 5 day trip in September. Though I don't think we would want an unlimited pass - is there a way to do a drop in or purchase a day pass???

Thanks.

Does anyone know if kids are allowed in the spa? I'd love to have a spa day/mani/pedi with my 8 year old daughter.
If a mani-pedi counts as a "salon service", I think your daughter can get one. But access to the thermal suite is for 18 and over only.

From the Spa T&C:

Guests must be at least 18 years of age to receive treatments or utilize the spa facilities unless participating in the kids or teens program. Most salon services are available to guests of all ages. Fitness facilities are not available to minor guests. Please see restrictions posted outside of the Fitness Center.

What is the benefit of the spa pass? Is it just that it is a quiet oasis away from throngs of people?

There are several benefits. Yes, one is being in a more quiet area away from the crowds so you can truly relax without having to simply be in your own cabin. But there is so much more, in my opinion. I can tell you about my own personal experience, because I wasn't sure if the thermal suite was really for me until DH convinced me on our Carnival Splendor cruise two years ago and I immediately became hooked.

I have back and neck issues. Specifically, I have arthritis in my lower back that gets aggravated easily if I bend or twist the wrong way, and I've also had muscle alignment issues in the lower back in the past. I've gone to physical therapy for it which helped a lot and my physical therapist recommends heat therapy like that found in the thermal suite. As for my neck, in 2011 I had surgery because of such a badly herniated disk that I was in excruciating pain for weeks and couldn't function every day. The disk was pressing directly on a nerve root that ran from the neck through the right arm and caused severe pain, more than I have experienced my entire life and I've given birth twice! My neck doesn't give me any issues since I had the surgery, did physical therapy and everything fused properly within one year. But I still have to be careful as I have other more minor herniations in disks in my neck that I don't want to further aggravate.

The thermal suite did wonders for my back. I didn't think the heated tile loungers would be comfortable, but wow they were amazing! I could relax on one of those for hours! In addition, the thalassotherapy pool (hot tub with all different types of jets) helped a lot as well. It is heavenly. The steam room is very relaxing and so are the dry saunas.

I went from being skeptical and not thinking I would like the thermal suite that much, to being completely addicted and having to get the pass on every cruise from now on for sure! It's worth every penny, that's for sure! :)

bangzoom6877 -- I tried to convince my DH that we need one of those loungers for our house...LOL

Haha! Two years ago when we returned from our cruise, I looked online to see if there are any spas in NYC that have a thermal suite and hydrotherapy area for couples. I thought maybe we would do that for our anniversary that year, as something different from the usual. The only thing I could find was either $300 or $400 per person for a couple of hours! Insane! That really made me see the value of the spa pass even more!

By the way, I also looked up how to convert your bathroom into a spa...but we have a tiny bathroom here in Brooklyn, with a small bathtub. Apparently I was delusional looking that one up!

DH is still trying to convince me that we NEED a hot tub for the backyard so he could use it in the winter time when it's freezing cold outside!