Captain club points

tercar

Good evening,

Can anyone enlighten me as to whether you still receive your captain club points if you did not show up for your cruise. I should have Ben on the equinox last week and after flying into Istanbul had to turn round and fly home under difficult circumstances. Thank you for any replies Carol

Good evening,

Can anyone enlighten me as to whether you still receive your captain club points if you did not show up for your cruise. I should have Ben on the equinox last week and after flying into Istanbul had to turn round and fly home under difficult circumstances. Thank you for any replies Carol

Nope, you have to cruise to get the points...

That's something you should raise as an issue with Celebrity because you did pay for the cabin. You certainly would have gotten the points had you boarded the ship but never slept in your cabin...so what's the difference.

Perhaps add that question to the Lisa Perloff thread at the top of this forum.

That's something you should raise as an issue with Celebrity because you did pay for the cabin. You certainly would have gotten the points had you boarded the ship but never slept in your cabin...so what's the difference.

Perhaps add that question to the Lisa Perloff thread at the top of this forum.

That is what I was thinking, I've paid for the cruise, and through a family bereavement I couldn't go on the cruise, I feel I'm being penalised all ways. Celebrity have not lost out anything at all.

That is what I was thinking, I've paid for the cruise, and through a family bereavement I couldn't go on the cruise, I feel I'm being penalised all ways. Celebrity have not lost out anything at all.

I'm not disagreeing with you, just answering your question.

At first glance it appears only reasonable that someone who has paid for a cruise should get the points regardless of showing up or not.

However, there are a number of variable scenarios that have probably been considered by cruise line personnel in making the decision they did.

Someone who is uncertain about taking a cruise can book it and purchase fully refundable insurance from a third party. Then they could cancel, get their money back and still collect the points for the cruise they didn't take.

It usually costs as much to book a cabin for one person as for two, so a single passenger who does not want or need the extra points could easily book a person who has no intention of taking the cruise into the same cabin solely to get the points for the second person.

In reality points have never been given to the person who pays for the cruise, but only to the person who takes the cruise.

Even though that is often the same person, there are many cruise passengers traveling on cruises that were paid for by somebody else.

A great many more people would be Zenith by now if they had actually received the points for all the cruises for which they paid. ;)

At first glance it appears only reasonable that someone who has paid for a cruise should get the points regardless of showing up or not.

However, there are a number of variable scenarios that have probably been considered by cruise line personnel in making the decision they did.

Someone who is uncertain about taking a cruise can book it and purchase fully refundable insurance from a third party. Then they could cancel, get their money back and still collect the points for the cruise they didn't take.

It usually costs as much to book a cabin for one person as for two, so a single passenger who does not want or need the extra points could easily book a person who has no intention of taking the cruise into the same cabin solely to get the points for the second person.

In reality points have never been given to the person who pays for the cruise, but only to the person who takes the cruise.

Even though that is often the same person, there are many cruise passengers traveling on cruises that were paid for by somebody else.

A great many more people would be Zenith by now if they had actually received the points for all the cruises for which they paid. ;)

I am not in the habit or the financial position to buy cruises which I don't take or give away, this was heartbreaking for my granddaughter as it was her only holiday this year. Because of my honesty I informed my travel

insurers of my fathers illness, this then made my insurance void. I am elite and yes the points would have helped me to elite+ some folks may like to try and swindle others, however I am not one of them thank you

I am not in the habit or the financial position to buy cruises which I don't take or give away, this was heartbreaking for my granddaughter as it was her only holiday this year. Because of my honesty I informed my travel

insurers of my fathers illness, this then made my insurance void.........

It would certainly be worth contacting Celebrity to see if they will let you have the points, considering the circumstances involved.

Good luck!

Hope that you and your granddaughter will have other opportunities to take some wonderful cruises.

It would certainly be worth contacting Celebrity to see if they will let you have the points, considering the circumstances involved.

Good luck!

Hope that you and your granddaughter will have other opportunities to take some wonderful cruises.

Thank you Varoo x

Good luck!

Did you have insurance and did it cover the cancellation, if not, definitely try and get the points. Contact the Captain's Club area and see what they can do. Good luck.:D

I contacted CC regarding reward points on Friday, as I did not think I had been credited with all my reward points to be told that I only got the credit for the rooms that I stayed in, despite booking and paying for multiple room on most of my cruises. Furthermore, I have booked and paid for a cruise for my mum and sister on the Constellation (present for what would have been my mums 50th Anniversary), and was also told I would not be credited with those points either!!

I have sent Michael Bayley an email to question this and have had an acknowledgment, however, I have not had an answer yet, but I will update, once I get this.

To me, if what I am being told is correct, this is unfair, as when I book and pay for multiple room for hotel stays with Hilton Honors, I get credited with all the points.

I had to cancel a cruise due to a family bereavement and

Celebrity Customer Service were fantastic,

although I didn't get any points, to be honest that

was the last thing on my mind.

They let me rearrange the cruise and were very helpful

and understanding

Edited by swigso

I contacted CC regarding reward points on Friday, as I did not think I had been credited with all my reward points to be told that I only got the credit for the rooms that I stayed in, despite booking and paying for multiple room on most of my cruises. Furthermore, I have booked and paid for a cruise for my mum and sister on the Constellation (present for what would have been my mums 50th Anniversary), and was also told I would not be credited with those points either!!

I have sent Michael Bayley an email to question this and have had an acknowledgment, however, I have not had an answer yet, but I will update, once I get this.

To me, if what I am being told is correct, this is unfair, as when I book and pay for multiple room for hotel stays with Hilton Honors, I get credited with all the points.

The people you booked rooms for on the cruises will get the points, but I'm scratching my head as to why you think you should get them. How do Celebrity know who ultimately paid for the cruises? It has always been for the individual completing the cruise.

To the OP, firstly I am sorry that you had to cancel your cruise under such awful circumstances. Celebrity policy is clear that you have to complete a cruise to gain points and for cancellations they would expect travel insurance to be in place if you can't go. I don't think you will have much luck getting your points, but worth a try.

Phil

I had to cancel a cruise due to a family bereavement and

Celebrity Customer Service were fantastic,

although I didn't get any points, to be honest that

was the last thing on my mind.

They let me rearrange the cruise and were very helpful

and understanding

This is a more likely scenario. I've always found them to be very helpful too, although that was pre-Guatemala!

Phil

The people you booked rooms for on the cruises will get the points, but I'm scratching my head as to why you think you should get them. How do Celebrity know who ultimately paid for the cruises? It has always been for the individual completing the cruise.

To the OP, firstly I am sorry that you had to cancel your cruise under such awful circumstances. Celebrity policy is clear that you have to complete a cruise to gain points and for cancellations they would expect travel insurance to be in place if you can't go. I don't think you will have much luck getting your points, but worth a try.

Phil

Phil, the reason I thought I should have had the points is the rooms are for my sons and daughters, all booked under my captains club members number and paid for by me. For example, last year on the Reflection, I had 3 x Aqua class rooms all next too each other. Myself and wife in one room, my 2 sons in the next room, and my two daughters in the next room. These were all booked under 1 booking, and through Celebrity. Im not sure how Celebrity would not know who paid for them!

As for the cruise for my mum and sister, my father passed away in Jan this year, and both my mum and dad were scheduled to come with us on our Equinox cruise. Due to my father passing away, my sister stepped in to say she would go with my mum, but could only manage 7 days, hence why I booked them on the Constellation. Now I might be niave, but again due to me using my captains club number while booking and actually paying for this cruise, I thought Celebrity would actually credit me with these points.

I know I am not the only person to think this way, as it was raised at a recent meeting with the CEO, and he has agreed to look into this, hence why I sent him the email.

Guys, Thanks for the emails, and I understand the poilicy (since Friday). My point was in my opinion how is it fair that booking a room for 11 - 17 kids, in which it was obviously myself and not the kids paying for this room, do I not get the points.

I reluctantly agree with you all, but I disagree with the current policy.

My daughter has been cruising with us since she was 5 years old. I signed her up then with the Captain" Club. She now has the same status as us- Elite Plus.

She is 29 and is very much glad to enjoy the perks when she cruises.