"Speciality" dress codes

Daisy P

According to a recent compass for Liberty 9 nights Bermuda & Caribbean cruise, besides the normal 'casual' or 'formal' dress codes there are sometimes special dress codes like 'rock'n'roll', '70's' or 'all white'. I understand that these are totally optional and I don't need to care about them unless I want to, but I think this sounds kinda fun :).

What do you guys think? Do you make an effort to dress according to these special dress codes? I don't think I would pack a whole costume for it, but maybe a little something, like perhaps wear my hair in a way that somehow suggests the era.

Any ideas for rock'n'roll or 70's inspired looks without having to pack many extra pieces?

They are not "dress codes"...they are theme nights! You do NOT have to dress up to participate! We certainly don't make any effort to dress to the theme...because of the luggage thing and flying! If you are driving to port, then by all means, bring as much stuff as you like!!

According to a recent compass for Liberty 9 nights Bermuda & Caribbean cruise, besides the normal 'casual' or 'formal' dress codes there are sometimes special dress codes like 'rock'n'roll', '70's' or 'all white'. I understand that these are totally optional and I don't need to care about them unless I want to, but I think this sounds kinda fun :).

What do you guys think? Do you make an effort to dress according to these special dress codes? I don't think I would pack a whole costume for it, but maybe a little something, like perhaps wear my hair in a way that somehow suggests the era.

Any ideas for rock'n'roll or 70's inspired looks without having to pack many extra pieces?

Personally, I enjoy dressing up for the theme nights. Here are some pictures from our cruises.

South America Ball

14517385483_811103bde1_b.jpg

South Africa Ball

8745966389_94f0d14746_b.jpg

Rio Ball

8745987505_aa14a71271_b.jpg

Raj Ball

7000857706_8303556af6_b.jpg

Egyptian Ball

7146950481_222d225468_b.jpg

Have fun on your cruise.

M

You will find some passengers are prepared and will dress the part, but most people do not, and that's OK! You will not stand out if you do or you don't.

I remember our Med cruise; the day we stopped in Santorini the theme was "white night", and many people bought white outfits in port. We talked to one vendor who put out a rack of white dresses and they were gone in minutes! He was thrilled, and figured out it must have been white night onboard ship. :)

They are not "dress codes"...they are theme nights! You do NOT have to dress up to participate! We certainly don't make any effort to dress to the theme...because of the luggage thing and flying! If you are driving to port, then by all means, bring as much stuff as you like!!

I know you do not have to dress up by any means, but they are listed as Suggested Dress Code in the cruise compass (as in 'Suggested Dress Code: Casual', 'Suggested Dress Code: Formal', 'Suggested Dress Code: 70's', 'Suggested Dress Code: All White Attire'), so I figured someone might :).

Thanks for the pictures, Porthopper! Great costumes!!

I'd love to see more pictures:)

I know you do not have to dress up by any means, but they are listed as Suggested Dress Code in the cruise compass (as in 'Suggested Dress Code: Casual', 'Suggested Dress Code: Formal', 'Suggested Dress Code: 70's', 'Suggested Dress Code: All White Attire'), so I figured someone might :).

Thanks for the pictures, Porthopper! Great costumes!!

I'd love to see more pictures.

Thank you. Like other people said, you DO NOT have to. For me it was all about the fun. And the Entertainment staff appreciates my effort. I won many bottles champagnes.

M

Here are a few more pictures

Royal Ascot Ball

8747088256_db731aefe5_b.jpg

Hawaiian Ball

14310903750_e2bdbc4c1b_b.jpg

Valentine's Ball

14496135122_e1f6517651_b.jpg

St Patrick's Ball

14517383773_d9030a19be_b.jpg

I off to the spa. It is my BD today.

Have a great day

Marie

Edited by Porthopper101

Right...you don't have to dress up if you don't want to...but...like others, I think it's great fun. I definitely bring white for "White Nights" when they have them. And on our Costa cruise several years ago...for "Toga Night"...yep, I wore a toga...the sheet was provided by our room steward! Only the women at our table dressed up...not the men or boys. LOL! I love the pics from that cruise as I looked ridiculous...but you can see how much fun I had.

I hope you do dress up to your themes and have an awesome cruise!

The only time I costumed was for Galabeya Night on our Nile cruise. The store manager had lots of the costumes brought in that day for people to buy. Our boat was a 65-passenger boutique boat, so our group of 14 women decided to join in with the rest of the boat (all Brits on a package holiday). For about $10, I bought one. I felt a little stupid, but since everyone else was dressed up, too, I sucked it up. I'm one who wants to blend in, not stand out, regardless of the environment; if you read any contributions I have done about what to wear in a port, you'll see that. I'm also an introvert, so that contributes to my desire to blend in...