First seating time change

I just found out the first seating time changed for my cruise from 5:30-6. Is it really going to matter if I show up at 6? I feel like we'll have to rush to make it by 5:30. I also just got an email from rccl stating I'm signed up for My Time Dining which I am not. It notes I can log on and reserves times. My time online says 5:30. Have others had this happen?

If you really are assigned to a traditional dining time, then you should be on time. If you think the assigned time is not good for you, then I would switch to My Time, so you can be flexible.

It was actually 6 changed to 530 and I don't want the hassle of booking different times every night. It was 6 when I booked and they changed it. I booked this cruise a year ago. I don't want to change my seating only to find out there are late times left and then lose my original seating time.

It was actually 6 changed to 530 and I don't want the hassle of booking different times every night. It was 6 when I booked and they changed it. I booked this cruise a year ago. I don't want to change my seating only to find out there are late times left and then lose my original seating time.

If you are on My Time, you are not required to have a reservation. You can show up whenever you want.

Please dont go in the MDR 30 minutes late :o

This same thing happened to me on Freedom 3 years ago. I signed up for 6pm dining and they changed it to 530. As far as I know its been 530 ever since.

Upon boarding the ship I went straight to the MDR and signed up for My Time Dining. We never made a reservation any night. We just showed up. 5 minutes wait tops. Now I cant say that will happen to you because now I hear they are really almost demanding you make nightly reservations. To me, that is not "My Time Dining"

If you really are assigned to a traditional dining time, then you should be on time. If you think the assigned time is not good for you, then I would switch to My Time, so you can be flexible.

You might actually enjoy the flexibility of My Time! :)

LuLu

Edited by OCruisers

If you are doing traditional, you have about 5 mins leeway...any more than that is rude, and throws off service for everyone in your waiter's area.

You won't be "rushed"...you're on vacation...you have all day to get ready, if getting ready is a huge deal!

They do tend to change the times around...I'm betting that your final time will be more like 5:45.

I understand your frustration as I would not be happy with a 5:30pm dinner time either. However, if you choose to be late you are going to negatively impact other people - so why would you do that? Show up on time so that your entire table can have a nice dinner.

If you don't like the time - switch to My Time Dining. That is what I do as I prefer a 6:30pm dinner time.

Please dont go in the MDR 30 minutes late :o

This same thing happened to me on Freedom 3 years ago. I signed up for 6pm dining and they changed it to 530. As far as I know its been 530 ever since.

Upon boarding the ship I went straight to the MDR and signed up for My Time Dining. We never made a reservation any night. We just showed up. 5 minutes wait tops. Now I cant say that will happen to you because now I hear they are really almost demanding you make nightly reservations. To me, that is not "My Time Dining"

Our sailing coming up next November had this happen. We booked and took the 6:00 pm seating. Several weeks later I got our group manifest and noticed it had changed to 5:30. Freaked me out but my agent said an update happened from the powers that be for the dining times and that's why our time bumped to a half hour earlier.

If you don't like the time, simply switch to My Time Dining or wait until your on the ship and change it. Have a great cruise!

I just found out the first seating time changed for my cruise from 5:30-6. Is it really going to matter if I show up at 6? I feel like we'll have to rush to make it by 5:30. I also just got an email from rccl stating I'm signed up for My Time Dining which I am not. It notes I can log on and reserves times. My time online says 5:30. Have others had this happen?

you need to be there within 5 minutes of seating time. for Traditional dining, any later is rude and discourteous to everyone.. your fellow diners, the wait staff and the people who are assigned your table for late seating