Veendam return

clarkie02360

Just pulled into Boston about an hour ago. Fantastic trip on Veendam to Bermuda! There were a few hiccups (not experienced by me) on the ship, but all in all she sailed great! I'll have a detailed review in the coming days. As a first time HAL cruiser I must say the service was the best from all the other lines my wife & I have sailed. Including NCL, RCCI, Princess, & Costa. Special shout out to room attendants Yaya & Sita. They went beyond the extra mile in service!

So nice to hear this..:) So many come on this board just to complain, but not as many posters take the time to say they had a great cruise.. We have many days on HAL & have always enjoyed their service.. IMO HAL's Stewards are excellent..We've been on the Veendam twice & both times had wonderful cruises...

Occasionally there have been hiccups but we've had many of those in our years of travel on all forms of transportation as well as in our normal life..

Thank you & Welcome Home!:)

Edited by serendipity1499

Glad you had an enjoyable trip. We've always wanted to do the Boston to Bermuda voyage, and we're looking forward to your review. Hope you are hanging around Beantown for the fireworks. They're spectacular.

Just pulled into Boston about an hour ago. Fantastic trip on Veendam to Bermuda! There were a few hiccups (not experienced by me) on the ship, but all in all she sailed great! I'll have a detailed review in the coming days. As a first time HAL cruiser I must say the service was the best from all the other lines my wife & I have sailed. Including NCL, RCCI, Princess, & Costa. Special shout out to room attendants Yaya & Sita. They went beyond the extra mile in service!

Thanks so much for your report! We love to hear this given our upcoming Veendam cruise. Looking forward to your review!

We sailed the Veendam Boston to Bermuda in May and were delighted with the trip and ship! This was such a pleasant vacation that we are already looking at doing it again in 2016. So far there are not many cruises showing up for Bermuda. :mad::(:confused: My favorite part of the trip was being docked downtown where we could come and go as we pleased. :D

Glad to hear you had Yaya! He was our steward on the Veendam just a few months ago...and we'll be back on it in 3 weeks! We told him we'd stop by to see him. He was great! Nice to hear someone praise another steward we know! (His partner was leaving in a couple of weeks, so we knew he'd have a new one.)

Also happy that you had a good experience on the Veendam...we have always had good experiences, which is great since it seems we frequently take the ship due to the itineraries we like. It's definitely a home for us.

Thanks for the mini-review...

Just pulled into Boston about an hour ago. Fantastic trip on Veendam to Bermuda! … I'll have a detailed review in the coming days. As a first time HAL cruiser I must say the service was the best from all the other lines my wife & I have sailed. Including NCL, RCCI, Princess, & Costa.

Hello clarkie02360 … !

It's very encouraging to read your comment. I am cruising on her from Boston to Quebec City next Saturday. I can't wait to read about your adventure aboard the Veendam !

Holacanada from Quebec City

Edited by holacanada

Here are a few photos of Veendam in Hamilton.

Next time you post several photos, would you please post them vertically, and not horizontally. As they are, the code has doubled the width of the screen, making it difficult to read text of other posters.

Thanks.