Navigating myself into trouble

OK here's the problem..

I had to pull teeth to get DH to go on a cruise next year. He wanted to drive to the beach again or an all-inclusive resort. He finally agreed and I booked the Navigator FEB 2016.

So I was looking at cruises today and found a 9 day cruise on the Navigator visiting Labadee, Curaçao, Aruba, and Bonaire out of Miami sailing April 2017 (3 islands we have not been to). I found a balcony cabin. Total price for balcony, taxes, gratuities, and insurance for $2500. Such a great price for this trip.

Without having husband "on board" I put down a deposit. Here's the problem..should I fess up and tell him now, keep quiet until after the cruise in February, or wait until 3 months before cruise.

Not looking for his approval, just want him to enjoy the vacation.

May I suggest something a bit different? Book another 2017 cruise. Look for good price, etc of course. Maybe totally different? Like Alaska rather than Caribbean?

If he hates cruising, then cancel both. If he is at least moderately ok with your first one, then involve him in the discussion: do we keep the first cruise I booked for next year? Go for the second instead? Or try to do both?...

I am leaning toward this approach. I wasn't clear before he has been on 4 cruises in the past with me. He just like variety for vacations. If I wait until we are on or just when we get home from the February cruise, I will mention it then. Of course if we do not have a great time it will be a non issue.

As far as work timing, the cruise isn't until April 2017 so plenty of time to make arrangements at work.

Thanks everyone for your insight

I agree, wait until the Feb. cruise. Either way have a great time and enjoy every single minute.

My marriage is based on truth and honesty.. We make decessions togehter. That has worked for 32-years now. Both have only been married once - to each other. :-)

My marriage is based on truth and honesty...Not every decision is joint. I go shopping for our needs and don't need to tell of, nor does my husband want to hear of, every thing I purchase. We are partners doing what each does best. A deposit on a cruise is smaller than some of the monthly grocery bills so why would their need to be a discussion. This has worked for 48 years for us and both have only been married once-to each other.

In other words: the OP is the one to make the decision based on her marriage whether it is truth, honesty if she does/does not tell her spouse of her decision.

Edited by gadaboutgal
punctuation police

OK here's the problem..

I had to pull teeth to get DH to go on a cruise next year. .

Good luck to you. 15 years ago I was resisting the same way. My wife wanted to cruise for our 20th anniversary. I totaled a car so we ended up not going till our 25th anniversary in 2006. Now look who is Diamond, has 20k posts in a cruise forum and is counting down the days to my next 2 cruises. Good luck.

OK here's the problem..

I had to pull teeth to get DH to go on a cruise next year. He wanted to drive to the beach again or an all-inclusive resort. He finally agreed and I booked the Navigator FEB 2016.

So I was looking at cruises today and found a 9 day cruise on the Navigator visiting Labadee, Curaçao, Aruba, and Bonaire out of Miami sailing April 2017 (3 islands we have not been to). I found a balcony cabin. Total price for balcony, taxes, gratuities, and insurance for $2500. Such a great price for this trip.

Without having husband "on board" I put down a deposit. Here's the problem..should I fess up and tell him now, keep quiet until after the cruise in February, or wait until 3 months before cruise.

Not looking for his approval, just want him to enjoy the vacation.

I was just over on All Inclusives Critic .com where a husband was asking a similar question. It turns out his wife is dragging him on a Feb. 2016 cruise so he has booked a April 2017 All Inclusive so he wouldn't get press-ganged again. He was wondering if he should tell his wife now or after the 2016 cruise. Hmmmmm he was from Cinci too.:eek:

Edited by DirtyDawg

I was just over on All Inclusives Critic .com where a husband was asking a similar question. It turns out his wife is dragging him on a Feb. 2016 cruise so he has booked a April 2017 All Inclusive so he wouldn't get press-ganged again. He was wondering if he should tell his wife now or after the 2016 cruise. Hmmmmm he was from Cinci too.:eek:

Later, of course! HA... **that was humor for those who have not read this entire thread**

Edited by Sam.Seattle