Can you disembark in Boston and make a 1:10 game at Yankee Stadium?

sue1898

Ok, I admit I am posting this tongue in cheek but a few weeks ago someone asked about making it to a Red Sox game in time and I chuckled, knowing full well what we were planning to attempt yesterday! We did expedited disembarkation yesterday morning at 7:45 AM, took a Jet Blue flight to NYC, checked into our hotel on the Upper East Side and took the subway to Yankee Stadium arriving in our seats at 1:30. Yes, we realize that ALL the planets had to align for this to work but they did! Only glitch was our Tampa Bay Rays losing 3-2 but we're hoping for better results at today's game!

That's impressive! I would have said, "No way. Even a night game would be a stretch." Good for you.

I did say "no way" but husband convinced me it was worth a try. I even shushed that little voice in my head yesterday and just enjoyed the ride(s)

Reminds me of the last time we disembarked in San Diego Being our home town, we were unpacking at home just after 10am even though we had a leisurely last breakfast in the MDR and were one of the last passengers off the ship.

igraf

I am among those who would have said No Way but then again, I can't imagine why anyone would rather be at Yankee Stadium when they could be in Fenway Park. :D

Happy you made it. :) Hope the Yankees lost. :eek: :D

I am among those who would have said No Way but then again, I can't imagine why anyone would rather be at Yankee Stadium when they could be in Fenway Park. :D

Probably because Fenway sucks.

Sail,I suspected you would find our plan very risky and we would have loved it if our Rays were at Fenway this weekend...by the way the Yankees did lose today. We beat them 8-1!

Probably because Fenway sucks.

Wanna fight, cause that is war-enduring words.

Fenway did suck, in the late 90s. It's insanely improved today. Sure the seats are narrow but hell we are like 30% fatter than we were 100 years ago.

Sail,I suspected you would find our plan very risky and we would have loved it if our Rays were at Fenway this weekend...by the way the Yankees did lose today. We beat them 8-1!

:) I'm happy for you the plan worked, you arrived safely and the whipped cream on top was for your team to win. A good day all around..... :)

Fenway did suck, in the late 90s. It's insanely improved today. Sure the seats are narrow but hell we are like 30% fatter than we were 100 years ago.

I think most agree with you Fenway has been so incredibly improved through recent years it is an experience just to be in the park let alone see the Red Sox win. :)

Go Red Sox !! Go Buchholz !! :)

Edited by sail7seas

Where's the like button?

Thank you Sue for revealing your crazy plans . ;) Here are mine . We plan to make a 10:30 Greyhound bus .:eek:

It all seems nuts , but I'm not sure if I am referring to taking a bus or to the time allowed.

The terminal is only a couple of miles from the port . Hal says I should be out of the port by 8ish if I self-embark

with priority disembarkation . The bus tickets are not refundable but can be changed for a small fee.

As for taking the bus , it's tacky but I will be home before the earliest plane available while saving hundreds of $$$'s.

Plus I hate the whole hellish airport experience .

So taking a 10:30 bus :o seems nuts but I can't talk myself out of it .

Thank you Sue for revealing your crazy plans . ;) Here are mine . We plan to make a 10:30 Greyhound bus .:eek:

It all seems nuts , but I'm not sure if I am referring to taking a bus or to the time allowed.

The terminal is only a couple of miles from the port . Hal says I should be out of the port by 8ish if I self-embark

with priority disembarkation . The bus tickets are not refundable but can be changed for a small fee.

As for taking the bus , it's tacky but I will be home before the earliest plane available while saving hundreds of $$$'s.

Our official self disembarkation time was 8 AM but the announcement was made early and we were in a cab before 8.

I don't think it is so nuts. :D

There is a very good chance your plan will work fine.

Fingers crossed for you. :)

Ok, I admit I am posting this tongue in cheek but a few weeks ago someone asked about making it to a Red Sox game in time and I chuckled, knowing full well what we were planning to attempt yesterday! We did expedited disembarkation yesterday morning at 7:45 AM, took a Jet Blue flight to NYC, checked into our hotel on the Upper East Side and took the subway to Yankee Stadium arriving in our seats at 1:30. Yes, we realize that ALL the planets had to align for this to work but they did! Only glitch was our Tampa Bay Rays losing 3-2 but we're hoping for better results at today's game!

I love that you're a big enough Rays fan/cruise Traveler to have done this.

Go Rays!!!!!

Jennifer (St Pete, FL)

Oh, no! I never noticed your avatar before. 😧 For some reason I had imagined sppunk stood for St Pete punk & you'd be a fellow Rays fan. 😳

I love that you're a big enough Rays fan/cruise Traveler to have done this.

Go Rays!!!!!

Jennifer (St Pete, FL)

That we are! Season ticket holders since day 1 and we go to at least one series out of town each season.

Oh, no! I never noticed your avatar before. 😧 For some reason I had imagined sppunk stood for St Pete punk & you'd be a fellow Rays fan. 😳

The Rays two fans are in this thread, we all know there isn't a third. ;)

That we are! Season ticket holders since day 1 and we go to at least one series out of town each season.

I have still my original purple Devil Rays shirt. Won't let anyone touch it. 😀

The Rays two fans are in this thread, we all know there isn't a third. ;)

Aren't there 3 Rays fans, 2 Red Sox? Rays up!

For future reference : Park for free at The Ogdensburg NY airport. Hop aboard a Cape Air flight to Boston for about 80 bucks.

From Logan, the Silver Line connections brings you to within one block walk to Black Falcon.

A heck of a lot better, although a bit more expensive than sitting on a Greyhound .

For future reference : Park for free at The Ogdensburg NY airport. Hop aboard a Cape Air flight to Boston for about 80 bucks.

From Logan, the Silver Line connections brings you to within one block walk to Black Falcon.

A heck of a lot better, although a bit more expensive than sitting on a Greyhound .

Thank you for the info . Time wise I would end up in Montreal at the same time after counting

the time to get from Ogdensburg ( or even better Massena ). Adding in a bribe to get someone to pick us up

or taking a bus from there to Montreal , we are way ahead taking a non-stop Boston-Montreal bus .

However if I ever need round trip to Boston , I will certainly remember your good advice .

sue1898, how did you handle your luggage?

Roy

Roy, we wheeled our 2 bags each off the ship. Once in NYC, we were able to check in to our hotel before heading to the ballpark.

If you are speaking of Silver Line connection bringing you into South Station, you are right it isn't that far from Black Falcon but it's more than a city block, for sure. :) Some could walk and wheel their luggage but many could not.