Evidence of Shareholder credit application

ehogan

This is the first time we are cruising HAL since purchasing Carnival shares.

I have faxed in my proof of ownership but have not received a confirming email from them.

Our express documents are not available until Aug 12. And I can't see any other way of confirming application of the shareholder credit on HAL website. Am I missing something or will I have to phone them to confirm?

(With Princess you can check your account and see all payment info along with listings of all on board credits)

Thanks for your help

If you book directly with HAL, the credit shows up online in your account. If you book through a TA, you'll need to have them send you a copy.

Also, OBC does not show on the final docs.

Edited by jaspersmycat

I have faxed in my proof of ownership but have not received a confirming email from them.

Our express documents are not available until Aug 12. And I can't see any other way of confirming application of the shareholder credit on HAL website. Am I missing something or will I have to phone them to confirm?

(With Princess you can check your account and see all payment info along with listings of all on board credits)

Thanks for your help

that is really strange. did you fax to the World Cruise (or whatever it's called) department? I usually get a confirmation as does my TA and she sends me the new invoice that shows the credit. If you used a TA you may need to contact them. If you booked directly with HAL and you don't see it I would be tempted to email them and/or refax it with a note which says you sent this previously and did not receive your confirmation.

don't forget to include your email and your booking number ;) (pretty sure you would have but just in case).

I've only received a confirmation once or twice since I started requesting the OBC. I didn't get a confirmation this last time but it was credited to the account. As I book directly with HAL, through a PCC, I am able to see the total OBC online.

I would contact your TA to see it the OBC has been credited. If not, then contact HAL to get it and, hopefully, that time you'll get your confirmation.

Thanks for your help

I'm not being flippant, but the longest it took us to get a confirmation - assuming we sent in our proof of ownership during business hours - was 45 minutes. If I were you, I'd call to make sure that they got your fax.

I'm not being flippant, but the longest it took us to get a confirmation - assuming we sent in our proof of ownership during business hours - was 45 minutes. If I were you, I'd call to make sure that they got your fax.

Agree 100% with this. If your TA cannot see it on your reservation by now, there likely is a problem, so have them call HAL.

Just give the World Cruise department a call and ask if they got your fax. Last time they hadn't gotten to all the faxes after a week, but dug through the stack, found mine and sent me an email confirmation. I take that email with me to the ship.

We have our TA send a fax to HAL.

But many times they won't accept it until after final payment has been made. They keep changing the rules.

On my last 2 cruises I got the stockholder credited by my PCC at the time of booking - at least 6 months prior to sail date in both cases. Maybe this is the way around it?

Thanks to all for your help. Never received confirmation from HAL, but my TA checked and confirmed all OBCs (stockholder and HAL offer) ($650) are in place

And TA sent me a confirm. Invoice which I will take along.

And TA sent me a confirm. Invoice which I will take along.

Take along a hard copy, not a digital copy. When I had a problem on board one cruise the pdf on my iPad meant nothing. If I'd had a printout it wouldn't have taken over three weeks and MANY trips to the Front Desk.

I had issues getting the credit three cruises in a row - it had been submitted and then lost by HAL and had to be resubmitted while at sea. The on board staff was not happy but eventually the credit was granted. For our April cruise HAL sent us an email confirmation and all was well.