Guarantee cabin assignment

Our first time booking a guarantee. I figured it was worth the gamble because there were only 6 cabins remaining in the category, and none of them were undesirable.

My question is: have the cabins ever been assigned before final payment? That's still 6 weeks away, but the sailing is already nearly sold out especially in lower categories.

Edited by DonnaK

Our first time booking a guarantee. I figured it was worth the gamble because there were only 6 cabins remaining in the category, and none of them were undesirable.

My question is: have the cabins ever been assigned before final payment? That's still 6 weeks away, but the sailing is already nearly sold out especially in lower categories.

Yes twice on Royal and once on Celebrity.

Royal assigned the cabin with 24 hours. Celebrity within probably 3 hours.

We recently booked a inside gty and got the cabin assignment 3 days later. This is for a September cruise. We were assign a cat L and DH called and asked to change to another cat L cabin. No problem.

We have booked a DO category cabin (which is a guaranteed balcony but obstructed view) the only place we REALLY don't wanna be is in one of the cabins right at the front! Do RCCL really change your assigned cabin easily if it doesn't suit? I just assumed you get what you're given!! :confused:

We have booked a DO category cabin (which is a guaranteed balcony but obstructed view) the only place we REALLY don't wanna be is in one of the cabins right at the front! Do RCCL really change your assigned cabin easily if it doesn't suit? I just assumed you get what you're given!! :confused:

US/Canadian bookings are allowed to change staterooms, as long as they stay within the same exact category that they were given. I'm not sure if that applies to UK bookings.

As long as the empty cabin you want to switch to is at the same category or lower, there's no problem switching a guarantee room assignment.

You just have to wait to see what category you're assigned to, then call them (or your travel agent) with an alternate equal/lesser choice.

The thing with a guarantee is that there IS no guarantee... you may not get your assignment until there literally is no other empty room available. Or, you may get an assignment within hours/days of booking. Or, you may get an assignment a month before final payment. Or a month after final payment.

You're taking a bit of a gamble... but you can also be saving considerable money.

I assume that you are talking about the Anthem?

Those cabins (the ones all the way forward) are great! Don't be afraid of getting one of them. :)

You just have to wait to see what category you're assigned to, then call them (or your travel agent) with an alternate equal/lesser choice.

That's where we have run into trouble in the past. Once we got the last D2 and didn't like the location. We asked to be assigned a D3 instead and was told we had to stay in our assigned category. No downgrades once assigned. We asked to be put back into the pool and she did that but a few hours later, we got that same D2 back.:(

US/Canadian bookings are allowed to change staterooms, as long as they stay within the same exact category that they were given. I'm not sure if that applies to UK bookings.

I'm not sure that applies to UK bookings too! We don't get price drops passed on to us, but then again I don't think you get drinks packages included in some offers in U.S.?!

What the U.S. pay in dollars for a cruise we pay in pounds usually....a lot more! But I still cruise.... 😊

That's where we have run into trouble in the past. Once we got the last D2 and didn't like the location. We asked to be assigned a D3 instead and was told we had to stay in our assigned category. No downgrades once assigned. We asked to be put back into the pool and she did that but a few hours later, we got that same D2 back.:(

We were assigned a E2 and could not go down to an E3 after being assigned our guarantee cabin.

Our guarantee was assigned in a couple of hours.

Ours have been assigned right after we booked too. Never had to wait. I always hoped they would assign us at the last minute and give us an upgrade. But, no....... never been upgraded in all our cruises. :(

Gwen :)

We booked a B2 guarantee through an on-line website for our Oasis 10/24 cruise. I was very happy with the price and really couldn't see any cabins in that category that would be a problem. There was never any selection from the day of booking, listed always as a guarantee. I would check every day and no assignment was given. About 3 weeks ago the site which I booked showed one cabin available (same price, same category), checked it out on the deck plan, was happy with it and called the TA who got it for us in 10 minutes. Very pleased with the whole deal but this is through a TA not Royal.

• 2 months later...

Booked at the end of July for an Oct sailing. First guarantee ever. Still haven't been assigned a cabin and we are less then two weeks out. I know that we might not have a cabin assignment until we board the ship but they are driving me crazy with anticipation. Just want to know which one is ours for the week. The ship has been sold out for weeks. Others on our roll call had assignments quite some time ago. My fiancé is concerned that we might not actually have a cabin. I teasingly told him we'd be sleeping on deck chairs in the solarium and showering in the spa. :p

Why do some cabins get assigned quickly and others not so much?

Edited by ms8654

I am the original poster. WE were assigned a cabin about a week before final payment was due. We booked a guarantee inside and we were assigned a category M inside on deck 8 quite far toward the back. I kept looking for another M cabin closer to the stairs/elevator to open up so we could move, but that never happened. Nevertheless, I feel that we got a bargain by booking the guarantee, and am happy with the assignment. Our cruise is in 3 1/2 weeks

Edited by DonnaK

Hi Donna,

When we booked final payment was due immediately so that feels like it's been done forever, although in reality only a couple of months. We sail in less 10 days and still no cabin assignment. Someone else on our roll call is in the same situation so I feel a bit better that we are not the only one without a cabin. Hopefully this only means good things.

MS8654

Hi Donna,

When we booked final payment was due immediately so that feels like it's been done forever, although in reality only a couple of months. We sail in less 10 days and still no cabin assignment. Someone else on our roll call is in the same situation so I feel a bit better that we are not the only one without a cabin. Hopefully this only means good things.

MS8654

Good luck with that! The ship is showing "sold out". If I were you, I would call 800-526-9723 (the C&A number) and politely ask if they have your cabin assignment in their computers, even though it isn't showing up in your My Cruises.

:)

We were assigned our cabin the morning after we booked overnight before final due. This was about 85-90 days out that we booked.

We got a D1 deck 11 midship on a Balcony Guarantee booking

Good luck with that! The ship is showing "sold out". If I were you, I would call 800-526-9723 (the C&A number) and politely ask if they have your cabin assignment in their computers, even though it isn't showing up in your My Cruises.

:)

Took your suggestion and called. And…….still no cabin assignment. She promised me I'm not sleeping in the Solarium or in a life boat, it just hasn't yet been assigned. As a side note, it's been showing sold out for probably a month or maybe a smidge longer, which is why i don't understand how cabin assignments haven't all been given yet. We also only got our cruise documents about two weeks ago which was about two weeks after everyone else on our roll call. They initially told me once the cabin was assigned we'd get docs. So when the docs showed up i was surprised we still had no cabin.