First time on RC question about drinks

Heading onto the Allure from Barcelona in August.

Do the free restaurants MDR, Windjammer, Park Cafe etc serve drinks with food i.e. soda, water, tea and are they free? Can you walk into any of these and just grab a drink?

I don't drink alcohol and don't think I need the soda package if these places serve drinks? and yes I am a cheapskate

thanks

Soda is not free anywhere on the ship.

MDR, Windjammer, etct carry Water, Lemonade, Iced Tea, Milk, Coffee and Tea for free. I think I'm missing one, but I know soda is not included. If you want soda you have to pay per glass or get the package.

You are not a cheapskate in any way. We do not buy the alcohol or soda packages either. Yes, you can get almost any included drink at almost any time. I word it this way because you cannot, for instance, get a complimentary coffee in a lounge or bar; you will be charged there for it - but in the eating venues it is "free".

Soda is never free on Royal. You may buy a single can of soda if you feel like it; it comes to about $2.88 with gratuity/service charge added. :)

thanks for the quick replies. I have cruised with Disney and it was free on there and I assumed it was the norm. Will get my son a soda package as he will love the freestyle machines but I prefer milk/water/tea anyway so will save my money.

So if I sign up for the soda package on board the ship would it come out of my onboard credit?

Where would I go to purchase on the ship?

thanks

On board, the soda package will apply OBC. Pre-ordering through the Cruise Planner will hit your credit card.

There should be tables advertising the various drink packages as you board the ship. It is hard to miss them.

Yes, all on board purchases will first be covered by your OBC until it is used up. On embarkation day there will be several places set up to purchase the various drink packages. There are usually some tables set up on the promenade and near the Windjammer.

So if I sign up for the soda package on board the ship would it come out of my onboard credit?

Where would I go to purchase on the ship?

thanks

Yes, purchases onboard would consume OBC. If you are purchasing as you board the ship, there will be tables set up selling all kinds of things, including drink packages. After the first day, go to a bar to purchase.

• 4 weeks later...
We are only on a 4 night cruise but have $50 dollars a day credit. Would this just sit on the bill and come off at the end of the trip?

Yes, they would apply the credit to the final bill.

thanks for the quick replies. I have cruised with Disney and it was free on there and I assumed it was the norm. Will get my son a soda package as he will love the freestyle machines but I prefer milk/water/tea anyway so will save my money.

If you son drinks soda the soda package is a no brainer in my opinion. My DS was 12 when we first started cruising and we knew he would be on the sports court our in the arcade without us. We had the talk with him about if he ever puts down a drink in public he never drinks from it again and goes and gets a new one. We've talked about how some people may want to put something in a drink to do harm and sometimes someone may do it just "for fun" (to see how it affects someone or to see them act "loopy") I know I may be paranoid but I don't trust anyone. We have this talk with all our kids now before we take any trips.

Edited by newbiecruiser09

Heading onto the Allure from Barcelona in August.

Do the free restaurants MDR, Windjammer, Park Cafe etc serve drinks with food i.e. soda, water, tea and are they free? Can you walk into any of these and just grab a drink?

I don't drink alcohol and don't think I need the soda package if these places serve drinks? and yes I am a cheapskate

thanks

soda is not free.

the 'free/included' beverages are in dispensers in the Windjammer( OJ and 1-2 other juices at breakfast, iced tea,lemonade and a few flavored waters the rest of the day) plan coffee and hot water for tea/cocoa. at least one of these stations will be available 24/7. the dispenser at Park Cafe is not necessarily always available.

MDR beverages are the same (including tap water but the offer bottled which hs charge) and re brought to you. I doubt it would make ANY sense at all to just order a drink in the MDR.

How is the tea and lemonade on RC? On carnival I didn't like it at all, I usually had to add a lot of sugar to it to make it drinkable.

It's not fresh brewed tea, but we find it drinkable.

It's not fresh brewed tea, but we find it drinkable.

Thanks! Yeah, I could never quite put my finger on what it was that was different about it. I guess I am just spoiled from all the fresh brewed sweet tea I've had over the years. I guess if someone really wanted to they could actually make their own sweet tea with tea bags, sugar, water, and then cool it down with plenty of ice.

May I ask a question while thi is being discussed...I'm not a cheapskate either, but only drink plain water(a bit boring I know but there you go!) Can this be ordered at a bar in the evening or will they only serve the bottled stuff? Thank you.

May I ask a question while thi is being discussed...I'm not a cheapskate either, but only drink plain water(a bit boring I know but there you go!) Can this be ordered at a bar in the evening or will they only serve the bottled stuff? Thank you.

You can get tap water from any bar any time, no charge.

How is the tea and lemonade on RC? On carnival I didn't like it at all, I usually had to add a lot of sugar to it to make it drinkable.

use them to make Arnold Palmers. Tea is too sweet and the lemonade isn't sweet enough for most people.

I actually like the lemonade but the tea is just nasty to me.

Thanks! Yeah, I could never quite put my finger on what it was that was different about it. I guess I am just spoiled from all the fresh brewed sweet tea I've had over the years. I guess if someone really wanted to they could actually make their own sweet tea with tea bags, sugar, water, and then cool it down with plenty of ice.

it's a concentrate. I find the underlying flavor bitter, almost burnt which they overcompensate for by using sweetener. and not the proper way. corn syrup is used gty make my ancient family recipe for hard candy. not for iced tea

spending the extra time making your own is well worth it

If you bring a cold/hot cup from home you can make a big batch in the am. I like to bring my own water bottle (with a wide mouth) and refill it using the glass of water and ice they give me at the bar. Saves me the trouble of having to keep asking for water over and over again.