What Carnival item do you think is overrated?

Jenniell

FTTF, why pay more to get on the ship. I have been on 5 cruises got to port early and have always been on the ship by 12:30. I must also be very lucky as my luggage has been in my cabin when I have gone there.

Overrated:

Caribbean or Steel drum musicians - I can't stand them and would rather hear a variety played by the DJ.

The Old shows - sorry but I don't get the hype.

Balconies - we've had them several times (and have one on our upcoming Disney cruise). Most times I spend no more than 15 minutes per cruise out there.

The HASBRO show! What a gross waste of time that one is! Guy's burger joint. I've had better burgers at McDonalds! Most of the PlayList Production shows. A couple of 'em are good, but the vast majority really suck!

"SKY"

everything I guess. I do love to hear the voice come over the loud speaker, it makes me feel like I am on vacation (i know silly). I can do without the hairychest contest, ice carving, and so much line dancing. I say 3 good line dances (wobble, cupid shuffle, electric slide) but 20 minutes of line dancing is too much for me IMHO. I think they need to revamp the lido deck entertainment.

Carnival has greatly overrated their DJs. Not many passengers do though.

I agree 100% about the loud DJ's.

I think most desserts on the buffet (except the Key Lime Pie) and all of the dinner deserts are a disappointment. I can eat the melting cake if I order it well-done and it is not just slop.

Get the popcorn ready! :rolleyes:

The Chef's Table-EVERYONE raves about the Chef's Table but I don't get it!

I enjoyed the talk about the kitchen and learning about all the work they do to get out food for 2000 every night.

The chef was very pleasant and friendly, but that is all I have to say good about it!

The price was $75 and the food had to be put on plates with tweezers. I'm not very adventurous when it comes to food so I left STARVING!! Plus we had two drunk women that kept flirting with the Chef while the servers kept pouring them more wine as the vaped away on their electronic cigarettes!!!!

Not what I was expecting at all!! Will never do that again! :(

The price was $75 and the food had to be put on plates with tweezers. I'm not very adventurous when it comes to food so I left STARVING!! Plus we had two drunk women that kept flirting with the Chef while the servers kept pouring them more wine as the vaped away on their electronic cigarettes!!!!

Someone probably should have warned you that if you are not an adventurous eater, you wouldn't have enjoyed it. Had you seen the menus on cruise critic ahead of time? It's pretty clear the food isn't mainstream. I would bet MOST people dislike the chef's table. But if you enjoy trying different foods, you leave that place incredibly stuffed (I just wish there was a "no alcohol" price. I know I didn't get my money's worth in soda the way others did in wine!)

Did you complain about the vapers? Carnival prohibits it in non-smoking areas, and at $75 for my seat- I would have thrown a fit!

Edited by skittl1321

Priority boarding for FTTF & Plats. A few cruises ago we went with two other couples, we were Plats, one of the others got FTTF, and the third could not get FTTF. We arrived fairly early and all of us went though check-in at about the same time. They let the FTTF sit in the Plat area - no questions asked. Plats & FTTF boarded at the same time followed by the zones. Our friends in the zone boarding (zone 5) got on about 10 minutes after us. What a waste of money!

Carnival has greatly overrated their DJs. Not many passengers do though.

No doubt. Enough of the Woody Woodpecker wav files as buffers. These guys abuse Serato Itch to the point it's 8th grade dance.

Here's a novel thought; let's crank it to 110 decibels so no one can hear each other talk about how bad these guys have made lido deck sea days.

There is no excuse. None.

fish & chips - long john silvers does a better job.

loud music on lido during what could have been a relaxing day. save the volume for the parties & line dances - rest of the time, tone it down.

fttf - haven't done it myself, but i've never waited terribly long to board and from what i've been hearing from others, it doesn't make a whole lot of difference.

Totally agree - I find the food pretty gross for the most part. Love cruising but I'm totally mystified when people rave about the food...one step above Golden Corral imho. And not a big step.

That's why I think "Elegant" night should be discontinued.....I never put a suit on to go to Golden Corral.

That's why I think "Elegant" night should be discontinued.....I never put a suit on to go to Golden Corral.

Elegant nights have been down graded enough, it's optional. If you don't way to dress don't dress. The Golden Corral comments don't deserve a repsonse.

Edited by jimbo5544

Priority boarding for FTTF & Plats. A few cruises ago we went with two other couples, we were Plats, one of the others got FTTF, and the third could not get FTTF. We arrived fairly early and all of us went though check-in at about the same time. They let the FTTF sit in the Plat area - no questions asked. Plats & FTTF boarded at the same time followed by the zones. Our friends in the zone boarding (zone 5) got on about 10 minutes after us. What a waste of money!

I get it for free, so I don't have a dog in this fight. The argument to your response is it sells out every single cruise. With the slide towards staggered embarkation, it might lose value.

Get the popcorn ready! :rolleyes:

The Chef's Table-EVERYONE raves about the Chef's Table but I don't get it!

I enjoyed the talk about the kitchen and learning about all the work they do to get out food for 2000 every night.

The chef was very pleasant and friendly, but that is all I have to say good about it!

Is the food eclectic, yes. Is the CT for everyone, not at all. All that being said, I have done it 5 times, and have never came away anything but stuffed.

Pretty much everything is overrated when compared to the marketing hype. (That's everywhere, not just Carnival) That said, many things are good to very good; others, not so much. Onboard, I seek the things that are good, and avoid those that are not my cup of tea. I appreciate the variety.

I think we take for granted that for about a week of our life we don't have to cook or clean our homes. We may not like all the food but there will be some food that we will like. I think with time nothing stays the same and I know we like to see carnival increase their product not decrease. This is why I try not to do too much of anything too many times. It leaves less room to complain.

Playlist productions is the new version of their production shows.

No live music and 4 males and 4 female singers and dancers.

Lots of flashing lights which are great migraine triggers.

Or epileptic seizures