New amenities added to our cruise and some can get them and some can't?

kazu

it did last cruise ;)

did you have a problem?

Yes, on my last HAL trip ever their was no toilets for a day or so and on and off AC for the whole trip. Kazu was on it. She had more to worry about than course by course dinner in her room. I would NEVER cruise HAL again.

Edited by hypercafe

Yes, on my last HAL trip ever their was no toilets for a day or so and on and off AC for the whole trip. Kazu was on it. She had more to worry about than course by course dinner in her room. I would NEVER cruise HAL again.

Are you talking about the Westerdam cruise I just got off of?:confused: (you haven't been on one of my roll calls unless my memory is really failing and it could be, so I am a tad confused). I had no problems at all. Lizzie68 and sapper1 had issues though. Lizzie's was rectified but it took too long IMO and she got a very nice obc to make up for things.

I am not sailing O because I am unhappy. I am sailing O as I like the Prinsendam and the smaller ship experience and stuff on Prinsendam is step up (IMO) from the other HAL ships. So, like others, I want to experience O, try the food, try the experience, etc. The O board has been very helpful and very enlightening. I have learned a lot reading :)

I don't recall reading of any issues on the Eurodam on the boards - but I could have missed a thread or two?

and now...back to our regularly scheduled programme :)

Edited by kazu

I don't recall reading of any issues on the Eurodam on the boards - but I could have missed a thread or two?

and now...back to our regularly scheduled programme :)

I agree

sometimes things happen

It was the Zuiderdam a few years ago. I do not join the roll calls or go to the MM however I saw your name. If I am correct you posted about it and got flamed by some people over it.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

It was the Zuiderdam a few years ago. I do not join the roll calls or go to the MM however I saw your name. If I am correct you posted about it and got flamed by some people over it.

Thanks for coming back as I was perplexed. - Zuiderdam was in 2010 I think if my memory is right (would have to check my Mariner listing to make sure I was right), the Panama Canal Sunfarer.

A great cruise. too bad you didn't join in on the roll call or the M & G.

I don't recall complaining about that cruise - our cabins were great and our service in the MDR was wonderful. I believe it was before my "live thread" days as well. We had friends with us so you can't ask much more than that. In fact it was their first HAL cruise and one couple are now 4* mariners, so I would say the cruise was a success :D;)

I did support a CC member who reported issues on another cruise on it though when people were doubting her postings. (I never got why you would doubt someone who was on the ship). I did take a hit for believing the posters that were reporting live from the ship ;) Some cheerleaders don't like it when they here negative things - c'est la vie on Cruise Critic :)

Well you will have a great trip on Oceania as well, the ships are maintained very well, in fact you will think it is new.

I have said this before & I will probably keep B***ing as long as Oceania plays the game

If they up the perks well before final payment then it should be given to ALL that are booked regardless if the Cabin Cat is sold out or not

If they want to add perks, drop the price to fill the cruise at least wait until 45 or less days before sailing so those that booked 18 mths ago do not feel screwed over

off my rant (for now)

Lyn

Lyn.......YOU are the WOMAN!!! Totally in line with my thinking on the issue.

So in my case, we are on the Nov 18 transatlantic on the Riviera. Booked it quite a while ago. Now O has added free gratuities, unlimited internet and $200 OBC. Asked my TA and was told that I can't get the added perks unless I cancel and rebook. The category that we are in - A2 - is not sold out.

Am I getting bad advice from my TA / Oceania?

So in my case, we are on the Nov 18 transatlantic on the Riviera. Booked it quite a while ago. Now O has added free gratuities, unlimited internet and $200 OBC. Asked my TA and was told that I can't get the added perks unless I cancel and rebook. The category that we are in - A2 - is not sold out.

I would ask them to check again ;)

No. The mechanism to get the perks is to cancel and rebook. That's why sold out categories can't do that.

I have never had to cancel & rebook ...my TA takes care of getting the new perks without any change in my booking number

Lyn

that is the same cruise we are on and why I asked the question.

I don't get it either but I guess inconsistency reigns supreme on all cruise lines. Back when I looked at O many, many moons ago I was told that if they added they were very good at it. It appears that was incorrect and they are as inconsistent as the mass market lines.

It's like there is punishment for booking early.

But on the bright side, you're on our cruise - come on over and join our roll call. ;)

No. The mechanism to get the perks is to cancel and rebook. That's why sold out categories can't do that.

That works well in theory, but I didn't do so. I just asked my TA and they already had it in place :)

Good for me, but rebooking now could mean more $ for some (especially if you are Canadian and paid early and now have to rebook in US $ - we get nailed on the sell and buy rate) and why should they spend more $ when they gave O the commitment months ago (over a year actually in the cases I am asking about).

I agree with Lynn, it would be nice if things were consistent.

I am a very happy camper, don't misunderstand but, it just doesn't seem right to me. But this IS my first O cruise. But not my first cruise by a long shot ;). I just don't like inequities.

Edited by kazu

I am a very happy camper, don't misunderstand but, it just doesn't seem right to me. But this IS my first O cruise. But not my first cruise by a long shot ;). I just don't like inequities.

My thoughts exactly - a few hundred dollars will not ruin my day. I got a very nice cabin location so am happy, just wondering why some people get it and others don't. Could it be that I am a first timer on O while LHT28 and Paulchili are obviously not?

My thoughts exactly - a few hundred dollars will not ruin my day. I got a very nice cabin location so am happy, just wondering why some people get it and others don't. Could it be that I am a first timer on O while LHT28 and Paulchili are obviously not?

Nothing to do with seniority. It's the same principle as why no sane person ever asks how much the person sitting next to them on the Airplane paid.

My TA, bless her heart, takes care of this for me too.

But the O life promotion has a higher cost than the previous booking.

So don't mix up the bananas and the grapes.

I believe wcc19 was talking about a promotion of free internet, PPG and $200 OBC (Last call promotion?) - that is not the OLife promotion (which has free shore excursions).

Thus that promotions should be possible to add to the original booking without re-booking.

The OLife promotion involves higher cruise price and thus needs to be cancelled and re-booked.

This is how I understand it.

my request to have the last chance promotion added to our existing booking has fallen on deaf ears both with our TA and Oceania. I firmly believe that some TAs have more pull with Oceania then others do.

That's correct - our cruise does not have the Olife promotion. The fare now is exactly the same as when I booked it almost a year ago. I think this was in fact the Last Call promotion.

Also, I believe you mentioned your category is still available for booking?

If so, then your TA should be able to give you those perks without re-booking.

If not, start looking for a new TA :)