Explore 4 USA 2016-2017

cp556

Like I said - what do we know? We only actually took a cruise last summer with the Explore4 package. We had the beverage cards waiting for us in our INSIDE cabin. We met nightly for pre-dinner drinks with a group of friends. There were 3 different INSIDE cabins represented in the group. We all had the Explore4 package - including beverage cards. All of us used different TAs. Maybe we all have better TAs?

Was the Beverage Card good for $50.00 every day of your cruise??? There were several promotions that HAL offered that included Inside cabins that were for one $50.00 Beverage Card (this was not Explore4). As well as Many Travel agents offer the $50.00 Beverage card as a Gift and or it is included in Group Amenities. No Inside cabin was offered from HAL in Explore4 $50.00 per day per person Beverage Card.

Was the Beverage Card good for $50.00 every day of your cruise??? There were several promotions that HAL offered that included Inside cabins that were for one $50.00 Beverage Card (this was not Explore4). As well as Many Travel agents offer the $50.00 Beverage card as a Gift and or it is included in Group Amenities. No Inside cabin was offered from HAL in Explore4 $50.00 per day per person Beverage Card.
How many times do I have to say WE HAD THE EXPLORE4 PACKAGE? We did NOT have a $50 beverage card. We had the EXPLORE4 card that allowed 12-15 (I don't remember the exact number at this point) of drinks, up to $7, each day. This WAS the Explore4 from HAL. Period. :rolleyes:

Can't we just say Explore 4 with a $50 beverage card and Explore 4 with the Signature Beverage Package? I know that the stated value of the SBP is $50/day, but cost is really $51.69 ($44.95 + 15% service.) The value of the SBP is somewhere between zero and $119.89 (15 drinks at $6.95 + 15% service charge.) That $50 a day thing confuses everyone. We bought the Signature Beverage Package last year and, being over achievers, always got more than $50 worth of beverages each day.

Can't we just say Explore 4 with a $50 beverage card and Explore 4 with the Signature Beverage Package? I know that the stated value of the SBP is $50/day, but cost is really $51.69 ($44.95 + 15% service.) The value of the SBP is somewhere between zero and $119.89 (15 drinks at $6.95 + 15% service charge.) That $50 a day thing confuses everyone. We bought the Signature Beverage Package last year and, being over achievers, always got more than $50 worth of beverages each day.

Sounds plausible. I wonder what the wording/title was on MaryEllen and Ruth's documents.

Edited by qsuzi

at this time for US sailors according to HAL rep. Wonder when they will promote it?

The program begins July 20. Agents have been notified, but bookings start July 20.

Sure, you can say that - but it doesn't mean that those of us in Inside cabins didn't get the Explore4 package with the Signature Beverage Card. As I stated earlier, we received a set number (I'll defer to you that 15 was the correct amount) of beverages with a price no more than $7. Sounds like the Signature Beverage Card to me. Even with only one drink each evening, a $50 card wouldn't have lasted for all of our 2-week cruise. While we weren't 'over achievers', we each had more than one beverage a day using our cards. ;)

Sounds plausible. I wonder what the wording/title was on MaryEllen and Ruth's documents.

MINE said "Explore 4".

It was not the first time Explore 4 was available for an inside cabin on a cruise I was on, either. I wasn't allowed it on that prior cruise as my price was considered "too low" to be given the promotion.

I have no idea what Mary Ellen's documents said, as I wouldn't have access to her booking information or confirmations.

When the Explore4 was originally released it was intended for oceanview and above. I kept my original promo for it since I was considering booking an Alaska cruise. For those who got it when booking an interior room, that is fantastic for you. However, for the rest of us it was not offered. At least not to Alaska. ImageUploadedByForums1436639196.828838.jpg.edb23784f34a82e147570e6549329225.jpg

When the Explore4 was originally released it was intended for oceanview and above. I kept my original promo for it since I was considering booking an Alaska cruise. For those who got it when booking an interior room, that is fantastic for you. However, for the rest of us it was not offered. At least not to Alaska. [ATTACH]355687[/ATTACH]

When it originally came out, it was for oceanview and above. I know we passed on it a few times because we weren't willing to give up our shower stall that was only available in an inside cabin. However, last summer it was available for inside cabins - even in Alaska. ;)

We are going toHawaii 18 days return from Vancouver on Zaandam in April 2016, does anyone knows if explore 4 apply to our cruise ? thanks

I do not know, but free drinks on all those sea days would be nice!

When it originally came out, it was for oceanview and above. I know we passed on it a few times because we weren't willing to give up our shower stall that was only available in an inside cabin. However, last summer it was available for inside cabins - even in Alaska. ;)

Darn! I wish I'd known they changed it. We wanted to take my mom to Alaska and if I'd known I would have booked the trip. Maybe this time around we can make it.

Sure, you can say that - but it doesn't mean that those of us in Inside cabins didn't get the Explore4 package with the Signature Beverage Card. As I stated earlier, we received a set number (I'll defer to you that 15 was the correct amount) of beverages with a price no more than $7. Sounds like the Signature Beverage Card to me. Even with only one drink each evening, a $50 card wouldn't have lasted for all of our 2-week cruise. While we weren't 'over achievers', we each had more than one beverage a day using our cards. ;)

I never said that you didn't get the SBP cards. I wasn't there, so I have no way of knowing.

We had the Explore 4 with a $50 beverage card - where the card had a $50 preload, period. We were in a Neptune Suite. So I'm certainly not doubting you. The goodies included in the Explore 4 weren't totally based on your room category.

I know that the program was variable, with different perks for different sailings, times of the year, room categories, and itineraries. I just wish they'd do a better job of naming and explaining the promos. The $50 / day verbiage confused the heck out of people last year. A lot of posters felt it was up to 15 drinks or up to $50 per day. If you look back at posts from the early days of Explore 4, you will see a lot of posts that swear that there's a hard stop at $50 each day.

I never said that you didn't get the SBP cards. I wasn't there, so I have no way of knowing.

We had the Explore 4 with a $50 beverage card - where the card had a $50 preload, period. We were in a Neptune Suite. So I'm certainly not doubting you. The goodies included in the Explore 4 weren't totally based on your room category.

I know that the program was variable, with different perks for different sailings, times of the year, room categories, and itineraries. I just wish they'd do a better job of naming and explaining the promos. The $50 / day verbiage confused the heck out of people last year. A lot of posters felt it was up to 15 drinks or up to $50 per day. If you look back at posts from the early days of Explore 4, you will see a lot of posts that swear that there's a hard stop at $50 each day.

I do remember a ton of confusion about it! So much there is a huge thread by POA1 (and other threads) exploring all the nuances.

Edited by qsuzi

Yes that sailing will be part of Explore4 :)

Lisa, have you seen any of the pricing yet to know if the existing prices are increasing? Is it for new bookings only?

Edited by qsuzi

All of Alaska 2016 Will Most Definitely be included. What will NOT be included will be any Grand Voyages, most voyages that are over 14 days in length. Many of the Panama Canal Cruises most likely will not be included.Pretty much all of the 7 day cruises will be included except for some Holiday Cruises.

How exciting that you say ALL of Alaska 2016 will get it. We had booked already for our 14-night Great Land Explorer for May 23, 2016 and waiting impatiently for the Explore4 to hopefully be coming up. LAFFNVEGAS can you please check your list and let me know that you see the actual date on your list please. THANKS SO MUCH. We had used this the last time we went on the 14 day Alaska trip and it was awesome. Curious how much more it is going to cost....July 20th hurry up :D Are we included in the OFFER?

I'm sorry if I came across as questioning you specifically. I should have said something more like 'One could say that...' One thing I like about the Spanish language, having both a singular and a plural 'you'.

Someone else, who also wasn't there, apparently has NO problem knowing what we had - or rather what we didn't have... :rolleyes:

Count me as one who found the whole thing confusing last year, especially trying to figure out which was which, with the terminology. Sure hope my Alaska cruise is included, but I wonder if the price will jump up and we lose our other perks.

Anyone know if the 19-DAY NORTH PACIFIC CROSSING aboard the Volendam sailing April 16/2016 is covered by the new Explore4 promo?

Unfortunately this one is NOT listed but the Fall Sept 28, 2016 on the Volendam is as well as the April 11, 2017 15 day.

Sure hope my Alaska cruise is included, but I wonder if the price will jump up and we lose our other perks.

Explore4 will basically only be combinable with Future Cruise Deposit credit, but if booked under another promo will not be conbinable and very likely ZPM will also not be transferred if you had that prior.