Benefits of booking new cruise onboard? Also new Carnival stock holders.

Galleon1234

We just purchased it. We will be.

You get the shareholder credit for each section of a back to back cruise. If those are 7 day (or more) cruises, you will get $100 OBC for each one.

It's a lot better benefit than Royal offers. Rarely can you stack their shareholder OBC with anything else.

Enjoy Carnival!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious, if you book a certain rate for a future cruise while onboard, do you still retain the OBC offer if you decide to change it to another rate? For example, if I originally book my cruise under a past guest rate, can I change it to early saver at a later date and still get to keep the OBC for booking while onboard? Thanks!

You get the shareholder credit for each section of a back to back cruise. If those are 7 day (or more) cruises, you will get $100 OBC for each one.

It's a lot better benefit than Royal offers. Rarely can you stack their shareholder OBC with anything else.

Enjoy Carnival!!

It's $200 or $250 for cruises over 14days. Same with Book Onboard OBC. One is $200 and the other is $250. Always forget which is which.

So if I want to cruise to Hawaii in 2017 and because the schedule is not out yet. I should just go pick a past guest schedule for some thing in 2017 and then move it when the schedule comes out.

Edited by cweather

So if I want to cruise to Hawaii in 2017 and because the schedule is not out yet. I should just go pick a past guest schedule for some thing in 2017 and then move it when the schedule comes out.

yep, then you preserve your $250 OBC for on board booking.

It's $200 or $250 for cruises over 14days. Same with Book Onboard OBC. One is $200 and the other is $250. Always forget which is which.

Wrong information.

For a 12+ day cruise, the book on board OBC is $250, 7-11 days is $100.

Stiockholders- is $250 14+ days $100 for 7-13

So to be able to transfer the OBC you must book the "past guest" rate not "early saver"? Then can you transfer the "past guest" to an " early saver" if it is a cheaper rate?

OK, think about it- you are NOT going to keep the "dummy" booking so it doesn't matter what rate you are at- as long as it is FULLY refundable. Early saver has PENALTIES. When you transfer, you go with what ever rate you want.

Wrong information.

For a 12+ day cruise, the book on board OBC is $250, 7-11 days is $100.

Stiockholders- is $250 14+ days $100 for 7-13

Thanks for the clarification.

• 3 weeks later...

Are the two certificates you receive transferrable also? I'm planning to do this on my 8/20 cruise. My plan is to book two rooms(2pp each) on a random 4 day cruise. $50 obc/room

I already know the cruise I want(11 day Vista 11/16/16) but its a $400/pp deposit and I don't want to spend that money when I have a B2B coming up soon.

It seems they do 1/2 deposits at the end of each month so the week after I come back ill switch to Vista and get $100/room OBC?

Are the two certificates you receive transferrable also?

I'll only speculate that, the certificates will not be good. There is only a short time, they can be used anyway. I don't even take them. So, I suggest you call Carnival and get the information direct from them.

As for the deposit, it makes NO difference to me, what it is. And if there was a cruise I knew I wanted, I would simply book it. My travel style, is, more, late booked opportunities, so the dummy deposits work well in my case.

I am wondering if the friends and family certificates you get are transferable to the cruise you rebook to also. I'd like to book a future cruise onboard to later take with two other cabins of family members. Trying to figure out if they'll also be able to keep the OBC if we move the actual cruise.

Are the two certificates you receive transferrable also? I'm planning to do this on my 8/20 cruise. My plan is to book two rooms(2pp each) on a random 4 day cruise. $50 obc/room

I already know the cruise I want(11 day Vista 11/16/16) but its a $400/pp deposit and I don't want to spend that money when I have a B2B coming up soon.

It seems they do 1/2 deposits at the end of each month so the week after I come back ill switch to Vista and get $100/room OBC?

If you transfer your booking within the 90 days, wait until after you do it to offer the F&F vouchers. That way, they are booking the same cruise as you, doing it one time only.

Do you want 4 F&F vouchers for booking the 2 cabins on board? If not, you can book one dummy cruise and when you rebook, use one of the F&F vouchers to book the 2nd cabin. That way, you would be paying for only one deposit up front.

I am wondering if the friends and family certificates you get are transferable to the cruise you rebook to also. I'd like to book a future cruise onboard to later take with two other cabins of family members. Trying to figure out if they'll also be able to keep the OBC if we move the actual cruise.

Earlier this year, I booked a dummy short cruise on board. A month later, I rebooked to a cruise I really wanted. At the time I booked I did not plan on rebooking so soon. Just booked it to have OBC on hand to transfer.

Once I rebooked, a friend wanted to go on the same cruise so I checked to see if she could use the F&F voucher for my new cruise since the vouchers were given for the short cruise. No problem as the vouchers have your booking # only and not the cruise you booked when you received the vouchers. When you send in the voucher for a friend or family, Carnival will have your new booking ( cruise ) on file. All details of original booking are gone.

Of course, this must all be done within the 90 days of when the vouchers were issued, not from when you rebooked.

Hope this answers your question.

Edited by mississauga

Earlier this year, I booked a dummy short cruise on board. A month later, I rebooked to a cruise I really wanted. At the time I booked I did not plan on rebooking so soon. Just booked it to have OBC on hand to transfer.

Once I rebooked, a friend wanted to go on the same cruise so I checked to see if she could use the F&F voucher for my new cruise since the vouchers were given for the short cruise. No problem as the vouchers have your booking # only and not the cruise you booked when you received the vouchers. When you send in the voucher for a friend or family, Carnival will have your new booking ( cruise ) on file. All details of original booking are gone.

Of course, this must all be done within the 90 days of when the vouchers were issued, not from when you rebooked.

Hope this answers your question.

yes it does. Thank you so much.

If you transfer your booking within the 90 days, wait until after you do it to offer the F&F vouchers. That way, they are booking the same cruise as you, doing it one time only.

Do you want 4 F&F vouchers for booking the 2 cabins on board? If not, you can book one dummy cruise and when you rebook, use one of the F&F vouchers to book the 2nd cabin. That way, you would be paying for only one deposit up front.

Thank you! I didn't really want to book two rooms but I wasn't sure if the certificates would transfer. You answered my question for me.

I just reread your original post and you said a random 4 days cruise. Here is another tip. Book a 3 days cruise. I believe the deposit for a 4 days cruise is $150 ppand a 3 days one is $100pp.

Edited by mississauga

Shareholder OBC and book on board OBC are different and can be combined.

Shareholder -

6 days or less = $50

7 - 13 days = $100

14+ days = $250

Book on Board

3,4,5, days = $50

6 days = $75

7 - 11 days = $100

12+ days = $200

Shareholder requests can be made via e-mail at guestadmin@carnival.com. Just remember to white out your account numbers before you scan the document. We just leave our names and the pertinent details about the Carnival stock along with the statement date. Our first page contains our names, sailing date, ship, and booking number.

To book on board just book a 3 day cruise as far out as you can using past guest, or any fully refundable rate. The deposit will be $200 (regular deposit - this is for two people) which will be transferred to the new booking whenever you make it. At that time, you will have to pay the rest of the deposit for the new cruise. You must call Carnival, or your TA must call Carnival, to make the change. You usually keep the original booking number of the cruise that you are not taking. There have been a couple of exceptions. You can make changes or cancel the booking altogether with no problem. If you cancel the whole thing because it is getting close to final payment, then you get your deposit credited back to your credit card. The only thing to really watch out for is to make sure you do something before final payment is due. Once you are past final payment, no matter what booking code you used, you will fall under the regular cancellation fees.

Whomever you booked the cruise you are on with will automatically get credit for the new booking. If you booked through a TA, they will get the booking.

If you had booked the cruise on board with certain extras, like upgrades or OBC, they will not be applicable unless the new cruise also has that. You can change to Early Saver or any other rate that is available when you book the new cruise.

We have done this quite a few times and it has worked, except for one time when I called Carnival and was told that I would lose my OBC if I changed the cruise. I tried explaining it to him but he had no clue so I just called back and got it changed.

So, the OBC for shareholder and book on board are different.

Book the shortest cruise as far out as you can for the smallest deposit..

Do not book Early Saver or any non-refundable rate.

Make sure you make a decision before final payment is due.

Hopefully the future cruise certificates will come back and this will become a moot point.

Have fun!

Edited by kicia
added info

Ok, so this is a new option I have never explored before. You have peaked my interest.

Just want to make sure I am reading this all correctly. If we book a "future" cruise somewhere down the line on board and pay the deposit under the past guest rate - when we arrive home and then find the "perfect" cruise we can change to this new cruise and the OBC will follow the new booking at the appropriate rate depending on length of cruise - is this correct?

Only other question I have is: If the new final cruise we select has a better rate - such as Early Saver can we switch to this and still retain the OBC - or does it have to stay as a Past Guest rate to retain the OBC?

Thanks for the help!

Never booked on board before as we were never sure what we might do next - we usually take them as they come and book based on a good sale or something. I miss the days when you could buy the $100 OBC voucher in advance and use that when you were ready.

quote--- If the new final cruise we select has a better rate - such as Early Saver can we switch to this and still retain the OBC - or does it have to stay as a Past Guest rate to retain the OBC?

Yes this our question too. we never book on board cause the limit choices or no onboard desk like on the Pride.