Where to stay near Baltimore port

gizmo911

Taking a cruise with Royal Caribbean to Bermuda out of Baltimore. We will be driving to the Port. Would like to come a day early. Any suggestions for a reasonable place to stay that offers parking and shuttle? Thanks.

Taking a cruise with Royal Caribbean to Bermuda out of Baltimore. We will be driving to the Port. Would like to come a day early. Any suggestions for a reasonable place to stay that offers parking and shuttle? Thanks.

When we drove from Ohio, we stayed at La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie Very easy access off the Interstate.

They have a park & cruise plan, complimentary breakfast in the mornings and a shuttle to the cruise port and then back to the hotel upon your return. Very close to many restaurants. Check out Trip Advisor for reviews.

Almost the same, drove in from Ohio but stayed at Best Western Plus BWI Airport Hotel / Arundel Mills. Was able to find a cheaper rate on a third party site than booking through the hotel directly.

We've stayed at the Renaissance in the Inner Harbor, and loved the fact it was very easy walking distance from the National Aquarium and their mall, as well as a water taxi pick-up to see Fort McHenry. It's also right next door to a mall! So, we were able to eat at McDonalds instead of the Renaissance high priced fare.

Keep in mind, that right now Baltimore is a war zone.

We've reluctantly crossed off Baltimore from our list until their get things better under control. We hope this happens soon, since we REALLY want another visit to their National Aquarium.

One of the comments from a man that lives in Washington and commutes to Baltimore after the firing of the police commissioner on Fox News, mentioned the Inner Harbor and Little Italy was still relatively unscathed.

We have stayed twice at the Best Western Plus in Elkridge, MD and it was cheaper to book through Trinity Reservations than doing it on our own. We had a park & cruise package with free parking and shuttle to and from the cruise port. At one time the East Coast Departures board had a lot of info about Baltimore hotels, but I haven't been on it lately. It's worth checking it out. The hotel you pick would depend on what your needs are - if you want to be close to the city, or have a free shuttle, are on a strict budget, etc.

Best Western Plus.

Free limo from airport and to the mall.

Free limo to the ship.

Clean and breakfast was free.

We have stayed there twice.

Great place to stay.

Edited by HARP

I'm going to assume this thread will get moved to the East Coast Departures board.

As has already been posted, there are a number of hotels in the Baltimore area that do park & cruise packages. Are you driving the distance one day, spending the night, and cruising? If so, the Inner Harbor hotels are probably not a great choice. I think there's one hotel near the stadiums that does park, stay, and cruise. The Monaco and the Renaissance do not. That leaves you with the airport, which is south of town, and White Marsh, which is north of town. If you're coming in after a very long day driving from upstate New York, and doing the opposite at the end of the cruise, I would strongly suggest looking at the White Marsh area (the Fairfield Inn has already been mentioned). It's not a significantly longer drive to the port on embarkation day, and on disembarkation you're already north of town when you get to your car.

You will find more experience and more posts for the airport area, but I'd want to save every mile and minute I can on the way out!

If you're coming in to spend the day in Baltimore, that's a different question, and the Inner Harbor comes into play, but you'd likely pay for a hotel (and parking) and then pay to park at the port.

We have stayed twice at the Best Western Plus in Elkridge, MD and it was cheaper to book through Trinity Reservations than doing it on our own. We had a park & cruise package with free parking and shuttle to and from the cruise port. At one time the East Coast Departures board had a lot of info about Baltimore hotels, but I haven't been on it lately. It's worth checking it out. The hotel you pick would depend on what your needs are - if you want to be close to the city, or have a free shuttle, are on a strict budget, etc.

We too stayed here twice. I highly recommend it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've stayed at the Renaissance in the Inner Harbor, and loved the fact it was very easy walking distance from the National Aquarium and their mall, as well as a water taxi pick-up to see Fort McHenry. It's also right next door to a mall! So, we were able to eat at McDonalds instead of the Renaissance high priced fare.

Keep in mind, that right now Baltimore is a war zone.

We've reluctantly crossed off Baltimore from our list until their get things better under control. We hope this happens soon, since we REALLY want another visit to their National Aquarium.

One of the comments from a man that lives in Washington and commutes to Baltimore after the firing of the police commissioner on Fox News, mentioned the Inner Harbor and Little Italy was still relatively unscathed.

I live about 40 miles from Baltimore near DC. The disturbance that happened a few months ago is far away from the downtown area and the harbor. That area has had problems for many years. My husband worked in Baltimore for a number of years in sales so he knows the areas. Baltimore has no more problems than any large city so don't cancel a cruise or a visit to the city for that reason. We take field trips to Fort McHenry, Science Museum, and the Aquarium from my school.

Here some photos of hotel and a wonderful Italian restaurant very close to hotel there is also a mall several stores for last minute things that where we all see to forget.d191c1131130dcd17a24d249926cd93a.jpg4509bb60ce9c6465147d77e40ca80dcd.jpgffddbc7b14944c5ea4bdfa0ade51ebad.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

937766494d1b554cc4fab81adf0816a2.jpg

I would gladly stay in this area again and i took my two young children and this was a great safe area with plenty of shops and restaurants

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I would not stay in Baltimore. It's a war zone.

Stay in the far outer suburbs of Baltimore.

Inner harbor, Fells Point, not going. No need to risk my family's safety.

NO. Not true. I was just at the Inner Harbor last weekend for a Sunday Brunch and that part of the city is fine. The disturbances that happened months ago were nowhere near the tourist areas. Please listen to us locals when we tell you it is safe and you'll have an awesome time in Downtown Baltimore.

Some people watch a little too much Fox News! [emoji19]