Dining in Blu when in a Suite

NCHPcruiser

Your very adorable doggie looks very similar to mine! I guess dogs are not allowed in Blu yet! Just kidding for sure!:D

Thank you, he's not a service dog so not allowed in. His name is Sam Adams...

Edited by dkjretired

Sorry. It is not "adult only". It is 2 people per cabin. If one adult and one child books an Aqua cabin they both can dine in Blu. Also if you have a small child that uses a "pack & play" crib they will let 3 in a cabin. Plus if there are any children in suites, they are also allowed to dine in Blu.

Unlike Murano etc, there is no age limit to dine in Blu

There is an age limit for children in suites but I can't find the link right now. It is either 12 or 16 but usually not enforced.

AQ cabins are for two only, so I guess the chance of an adult dining in Blu with a small child would be slim. However, as you say, children staying in suites with their parents would be allowed. I have never seen a child in Blu but that doesn't mean they are not allowed to eat there.

As for suite people dining in Blu, it would be nice if the Hostess kept a tally of these people and as they were seated in Blu, offer their seat in Luminae to arriving AQ people if they cared to eat there. That would balance the count a bit.

We are like others who don't have much of a wait because we dine early. On Eclipse a month ago, the dining room was fairly full 7 - 7:30PM.

Unless there were no Aqua passengers at all in the queue behind you as a suite guest, then it does mean that suite guests have taken a place from an aqua passenger.

Exactly - and it's not just to do with the queue, surely its also about the number of suite guests already seated?

I think when Celebrity have gone to the trouble and expense to create an exclusive, special dining room for suite guests, that's what they should use. Like a previous poster, if I get flamed for saying that, I don't care either. Feeling that your own 'exclusive' dining room doest have the atmosphere or certain dishes you like, doesnt mean it should be OK to use another venue, and maybe take the place of someone who can't do the same.

FWIW, having eaten in Luminae, I don't think anyone could be disappointed. We thought it was fabulous.

Lou

I think it will be a generational change. Suite guests were used to dining in Blu if the MDR didnt suit. So that is what is expected to continue even though there is now a dedicated Suite restaurant. Perhaps that privilege will be gradually withdrawn if it becomes an issue, or maybe even once Luminae becomes completely functional.

I will report back in a few weeks. I dont worry about a short queue but would expect prompt seating ahead of a suite guest when a table becomes available.

Edited by Pushka

I have seen several post mentioning that the Luminae menu is very similar to that in the MDR. If they are simply serving MDR food in a different atmosphere then unfortunately I'll stick with Blu. !

They do NOT serve MDR food in Luminae. Luminae has it's own kitchen, it's own menus and they do not resemble MDR menus at all.

I have read differing reviews on Luminae, but never read this before unless you are referring to those 1st few weeks on the 1st ships that opened Luminae prior to their menus being ready for implementation.

Friends (45-50 age group) returned from a Med cruise on Reflection last Friday, July 10th. They dined in every restaurant (except MDR) and without being asked she said Murano was the best experience and Luminae the worst. They had friends join them who had to pay the $50 surcharge and it was most definitely not worth it. Perhaps it is a hit or miss kind of thing, and they went on a bad night. To them it seemed like a small version of the main dining room and still have a lot of kinks to work out. Some will like that atmosphere but many others won't. We still plan to visit Luminae and will keep an open mind!

Exactly - and it's not just to do with the queue, surely its also about the number of suite guests already seated?

I think when Celebrity have gone to the trouble and expense to create an exclusive, special dining room for suite guests, that's what they should use. Like a previous poster, if I get flamed for saying that, I don't care either. Feeling that your own 'exclusive' dining room doest have the atmosphere or certain dishes you like, doesnt mean it should be OK to use another venue, and maybe take the place of someone who can't do the same.

FWIW, having eaten in Luminae, I don't think anyone could be disappointed. We thought it was fabulous.

Lou

I sailed Summit in June with Select a Dining. It was a mess! They would not allow reservations to be made between 5:30 and 8 and there were long waits every night, from 20 minutes to 45 minutes. There was signage on a line that gave priority to suite guests. So they now can eat wherever they want and

Have priority over those who signed up for Select Dining at time of booking.