No shrimp or escargot on the Jewel OTS????

Shrimp is so easy to do at home, I don't know why anyone wants to order it "out"....They thaw in nothing flat, they cook even faster, and you can do them in butter, or fry them, or boil them or grill them....so super easy!

Edited by cb at sea

Shrimp is so easy to do at home, I don't know why anyone wants to order it "out"....They thaw in nothing flat, they cook even faster, and you can do them in butter, or fry them, or boil them or grill them....so super easy!

Everyone has something they look forward to. Countless trips to Vegas buffets burnt me out on shrimp. I can't even look at it now. As common as chicken to me. However, escargot is another story...

I know the various ways to cook and serve shrimp, but I don't do it very often at home. However, when there are some nights on a cruiseship that is the ONLY appetizer that is decent, then I want to order it. With my DH, he typically orders two escargots every night because I will not cook snails at home!! :-)

If you ask for a shrimp cocktail they will bring one. I had a standing order every night on our April/May 2015 Jewel cruise.

Good to know. My DH will appreciate the comment on the escargot from other posts.

Edited by shadbrew

I was surprised to see that the shrimp cocktail was removed from the menu, and shrimp is no longer included with the lobster tail. Yes you can ask for the shrimp cocktail, but the fact that it has been removed shows another cost save IMO. I will be asking for it and escargot every cruise.

I was surprised to see that the shrimp cocktail was removed from the menu, and shrimp is no longer included with the lobster tail. Yes you can ask for the shrimp cocktail, but the fact that it has been removed shows another cost save IMO. I will be asking for it and escargot every cruise.

We will too!!!!!

Not everyone cooks and not everyone cooks well. As a very good cook, I can duplicate most meals I have out at home. But it's always a treat to have a well prepared meal out. Simply because it requires no effort on my part.

I do hope this "no shrimp, no escargot" thing is not true. I love escargot, whether served in the shell or in pastry.

Just back from Explorer and whilst there were plenty of shrimps on offer there was a note on the menu in the MDR each night against the escargot noting that there was a world wide shortage !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

How did that answer the OPs question? :rolleyes:

Had Escargot twice last week on Jewel, and could have ordered it about every night. My favorite bread dip. Did not realize there was no shrimp cocktail on the menu until you asked here. There was a small seafood salad appetizer one night that several of us ordered and really liked. Shrimp was available in many dishes at both lunch and dinner, just no shrimp cocktail listed on the menus (that I can recall)for some reason..

I think they are trying to increase demand so the can yet again push customers to packages. Perhaps might be something like this

BOILED SHRIMP AND MORE PACKAGE

". Want to enjoy the sea? Let us treat you Royally with the all new shrimp and more package. . You have had them free for years. Now enjoy the same great bland taste anytime you like(with 15 minutes between rounds).

You can have the usually free option for 19.95 pet day!!! What's the more you ask? The more is along with the 19.95 per day package you also get to pay 18% more for gratuities!

To sign up for this and many other shockingly overpriced packages. Go to the rccl website( if it's working. Lol and just try to log into your my cruises account if it's working. And then hopefully the cruise planner is working) and wallah! Shrimp packages available

**** price and availability may vary for UK bookings. Some restrictions may apply *****