Here is an interesting idea regarding cabin availability

hugger

We have a particular cabin that we really enjoy on one of the HAL ships. I have been watching for it to become available for months.

We want to cruise for 14 to 21 days. When I bring the longer sailing up the cabin shows not available. However, when I bring it up in 7 - 9 day sailings our preferred cabin is available on all 3 sailings.

It's quite a bit more expensive to book it as 3 different cruises.

Has anyone ever had any luck with getting HAL to open up the availability on a particular cabin?

And, IF so how did you go about getting that done? :rolleyes:

Probably doesn't carry much clout - we do have 169 days sailed with HAL. You would think they would do this for people wouldn't you???

Edited by hugger

I don't know the answer, but it seems the only thing you can do is ask! If you have a rep at HAL use them, or try the Mariners club rep to go to bat for you. Remember too, everyone has a supervisor, and somebody there has the authority to grant your wish if it is in any way possible. On the bright side, if you have to do a b2b2b you get to bring on three bottles of wine each!

Will await your update...perhaps others have an answer.

Sure. Our TA takes care of asking HAL to re-allocate the cabin we want to the inventory for the longer cruise. One time we were booking three cruises in a row with the FCC on board. He was also able to contact Seattle and get this done for us.

Sure. Our TA takes care of asking HAL to re-allocate the cabin we want to the inventory for the longer cruise. One time we were booking three cruises in a row with the FCC on board. He was also able to contact Seattle and get this done for us.

I now know the correct phrase to use - THANK YOU so much.

I have already emailed our TA to have him check on it in the morning.

I now know the correct phrase to use - THANK YOU so much.

I have already emailed our TA to have him check on it in the morning.

good for you. My TA does the same thing as Mary Ellen's and asks it to be taken out of inventory. You should have success - but do let us know please.

Has anyone ever had any luck with getting HAL to open up the availability on a particular cabin?

And, IF so how did you go about getting that done?

I'm another who has had this done, easily, more than once.

First, I check if the cabin I want is available for the Collector's Cruise. If not, next I check that the cabin I want is available on each of the cruises. If it is, then I ask my TA to contact HAL to have "my" cabin moved from the single cruise inventory to the Collectors' Cruise inventory.

Very simple. Very easy.

Good luck getting the cabin you want!

Will let you know what he finds out.

On a side note someone had mentioned being able to bring on more wine for the 2nd and 3rd week. We tried that last year - they took it from us.

It doesn't seem right when doing B2B that we aren't allowed to either bring 4 or 6 on in the beginning. Or, be able to disembark and bring two more on on turn around days.

I booked a particular cabin on Nieuw Amsterdam for 12 days. When I decided to add another 12 and do the Collector's Cruise, the cabin was available for the second cruise, but they didn't want to book it for the 24 days. My TA took care of it. EM

:D:D:D

Can you tell by my smiles that we were able to get it with the help of you CCer's and our Awesome TA!

THANK YOU so much for sharing your experiences as well as advise!

Happy Crusing

Can you tell by my smiles that we were able to get it with the help of you CCer's and our Awesome TA!

Happy Crusing

Good for you! Thanks for letting us know what happened.

Cheers!

Happy Crusing

wonderful! all great news. I expected you should be fine but it's great to hear it :)