White Bay ferry service

Maybe they'll have a bag drop counter at Barrangaroo. That would be great! No lugging our heavy bags on the ferry and people staying in the city could drop their bags in the morning and then have a few hours to sight see unencumbered. I wonder what they'll do about all the luggage on the return journey though. It is actually the return journey where the ferry is more appealing. The taxi queue on disembarkation must be diabolical!

November last year we waited just over half an hour for a taxi, the remaining queue was very long when we left. We disembarked approximately 9.15 am.

I hadn't thought of this, but do they put more staff on for ships like Ovation.

Or do they just rely on Graham and Jo's efficiency.

It will be an interesting exercise when it happens, there really is not physically enough room (great forward planning) in the new check in area to accommodate more check in staff but the these ships also have a new automated home self check in system which should speed things up ....but no ....you are right........ EVEN Jo and I could not handle all that extra work:eek:

It will be an interesting exercise when it happens, there really is not physically enough room (great forward planning) in the new check in area to accommodate more check in staff but the these ships also have a new automated home self check in system which should speed things up ....but no ....you are right........ EVEN Jo and I could not handle all that extra work:eek:

Yeah I just couldn't see how they could squeeze any more booths in.

Typical forward thinking, renovate to accommodate the 3000 PAX ships we have been getting just when they start to send bigger ones. But what can we expect from people who build a new terminal at White Bay just as more and more ships can't fit under the coat hanger.

Edited by GUT2407

The self check-in should speed things considerably.

Yeah I just couldn't see how they could squeeze any more booths in.

Typical forward thinking, renovate to accommodate the 3000 PAX ships we have been getting just when they start to send bigger ones. But what can we expect from people who build a new terminal at White Bay just as more and more ships can't fit under the coat hanger.

Funny thing though.... they extended the OPT wharf itself to physically accommodate up to an Oasis class ship.

But are still plotting a 2017 trip with a party of approx 19 People ... now that would tax the old "red carpet" would it not :D

Well Graham & the red carpet handled our 10 in Feb for the VOS 3N'er, and I know there were others of us who availed of the VIP service :)

Not sure how I'm going to break it to Mum (Patricia) that there will be no Graham's red carpet treatment for our Carnival Spirit Melb Cup cruise :eek:

Well Graham & the red carpet handled our 10 in Feb for the VOS 3N'er, and I know there were others of us who availed of the VIP service :)

Not sure how I'm going to break it to Mum (Patricia) that there will be no Graham's red carpet treatment for our Carnival Spirit Melb Cup cruise :eek:

Maybe you need to hire graham to come and do his carpet tricks before you go into the terminal.:D

It will be an interesting exercise when it happens, there really is not physically enough room (great forward planning) in the new check in area to accommodate more check in staff but the these ships also have a new automated home self check in system which should speed things up

Yay, wristbands. :(

Funny thing though.... they extended the OPT wharf itself to physically accommodate up to an Oasis class ship.

Perhaps it's predicated that they would roll out self check-in to the larger ships by the time they come.

Short answer is 'I don't know' but I believe there isn't any. In the past I have got the train to Central and then got a taxi (or the prearranged shuttle). The taxi cost ($30-50 depending on traffic) works out cheaper per person if more than two and is quicker and easier.

Thanks Mic

I have dropped people off and picked up there before and was quite impressed with how easy it was compared to OPT at the key.

We may have to con someone into dropping us off and picking us up.

I hadn't thought of this, but do they put more staff on for ships like Ovation.

Or do they just rely on Graham and Jo's efficiency.

No use putting more of us if immigration still only send 5 people and only 2 X-ray machines [emoji47]

Thanks Mic

I have dropped people off and picked up there before and was quite impressed with how easy it was compared to OPT at the key.

That may be the best option for you.:D

That is a bottleneck

when we have to down tools and stop the check in process it is always because immigration and security can't keep up.... another time was when the apass ( the dinging thingo ) was playing up and they couldn't let anyone on the ship....

Australian Inaugural, Singapore to Adelaide, November 2016.:D

That will be 3 Singapore trips in 12 months. :)

make sure you do a review and note what to do and what not to do etc, we will be on her for New years cruise to NZ.:D

Thanks Mic

The more isolated things are, the more space there usually is. ;)

That's why you get things like Ikea and supercentres further out. Parking is a different kettle of fish in the centre of the city.

Wouldn't Melbourne (via Tassie) be more convenient? Or just saving time...?

I think it would be saving costs as well. The cruise to Adelaide would have been better value than continuing to Melbourne.

Plus they can then sell another cruise.:D

Saving time & money. Not interested in visiting Tassie.

And timing, we usually do a B2B pre Christmas and Christmas.:D

Whereas Tassie is our go to cruise.

It was how I got DW on our first, if t hadn't been Tas I doubt sh'e have gone. Got a hold on one for next year.