White Bay ferry service

They could always fire up the old power station on days when ships are in. The Balmain left wing tree huggers wouldn't even notice the fumes from the ships then. In fact it would be a win win as the ships could turn off their engines completely:D

Oh, I just had a thought. They could build a windfarm on the Balmain peninsula and supply power for the ships - that would be a perfect solution ;)

Well there'd be plenty of wind.

Not just left wing tree huggers whining though plenty of right wingers too.

This was on FB

Breaking News on White Bay Ferry Services.

I have just been in touch with Captain Cook Cruises who have informed me of the following:

1. Commencement date will be the 03rd of August 2015.

2. Cost will be $7 one way from Circular Quay.

3. Is Wheel chair Accessible.

4. Timetable being drawn up now.

5. Will operate from Circular Quay to White Bay Cruise Terminal on ALL cruise ship arrival and departure days.

Will be interesting to see if it works!

Tanya

Edited by stki

This was on FB

I have just been in touch with Captain Cook Cruises who have informed me of the following:

5. Will operate from Circular Quay to White Bay Cruise Terminal on ALL cruise ship arrival and departure days.

Tanya

Sounds OK $7 is a little steep but not too bad.

This was on FB

Tanya

I will be using them at $7 a pax. About half the cost of a taxi from Central for 2 pax.;)

This was on FB

Tanya

Thanks Tanya. Great news and reasonably priced.:D

I will be using them at $7 a pax. About half the cost of a taxi from Central for 2 pax.;)

But probably a taxi will be better for groups of 4 or even 2 flying into Sydney.

Great for couples or singles arriving by train or staying in the city

I think this is great news and the price is reasonable. I am sure that the noise made on cc has at least had a little influence.

Captn Cook will no doubt use more than one boat just like they did during the OPT wharf extension program. (Remember !.?)

Be aware that if the Sydney Boat Show next week is now also located at Glebe Island that traffic access to White Bay will be severely restricted and slow.

Havent checked if there are any ships in during that period, so may not apply.

The ferry service will be of greatest benefit to visiting overnight ships.

But probably a taxi will be better for groups of 4 or even 2 flying into Sydney.

Great for couples or singles arriving by train or staying in the city

As it is going from Circular key, that is the best option, those coming from the airport were always going to be better off in a cab if there was more than the one person.

Depends where you are coming from. And how you are arriving

Yes, but as this Ferry is coming from Circular Quay it beats all other options easily. A cab from CQ would be $30-50 depending on traffic, and the shuttles go from Central ($15pp ), so beats them as well.

Edited by MicCanberra

I think this is great news and the price is reasonable. I am sure that the noise made on cc has at least had a little influence.

Captn Cook will no doubt use more than one boat just like they did during the OPT wharf extension program. (Remember !.?)

Be aware that if the Sydney Boat Show next week is now also located at Glebe Island that traffic access to White Bay will be severely restricted and slow.

Good points .

Depends where you are coming from. And how you are arriving

Doesn't it always? :-)

I'd be unlikely to use it, as I'm usually coming from somewhere else rather than Circular Quay. And it'd be more convenient to get there another way. But if you're a tourist or worker in the city, or Circular quay is a good connection than I think it stacks up favourably.

Edited by The_Big_M

Only problem is there are very few ships that overnight at White Bay.

As it is going from Circular key (Quay:D), that is the best option, those coming from the airport were always going to be better off in a cab if there was more than the one person.

I believe it will only be leaving from Circular Quay until the Wynyard Walk project is completed and then it will leave from King Street wharf

I believe it will only be leaving from Circular Quay until the Wynyard Walk project is completed and then it will leave from King Street wharf

Either way, works for me. Catching a train to CQ is the same as getting it to Wynyard. Having a hotel in the CBD means staying closer to Wynyard instead of CQ. Normally stay near Wynyard anyway if stopping the night.:D

NYE is pretty special in Sydney, would love to be on a cruise ship at the OPT one year. But that isn't likely to happen

No can do I'm afraid - no docking at the OPT on NYE due to the fireworks

Edited by Bodogbodog

No can do I'm afraid - no docking at the OPT on NYE due to the fireworks

Sorry too late to edit my earlier post. They will either put you at White Bay or anchor you at one of the buoys - check out the port schedule for details of the next few years bookings @ http://www.sydneyports.com.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/32679/Passenger_Vessel_Schedule_Final_v377_17_July_2015.pdf

Edited by Bodogbodog

Sorry too late to edit my earlier post. They will either put you at White Bay or anchor you at one of the buoys - check out the port schedule for details of the next few years bookings @ http://www.sydneyports.com.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/32679/Passenger_Vessel_Schedule_Final_v377_17_July_2015.pdf

Yes I know about the buoys, it would be great.