Adjusting specialty restaurant reservations

Tansy Mews

Does anyone know how to change restaurant reservations on the website? I want to change my reservation for the same place, date and time but add someone else to my table. I should be able to do that, but I can't see where the edit function is.

At the calendar showing my reservations (with colour codes for the restaurants I have booked) it seems I can only cancel or "update" the reservation. I can't actually update anything.

I made the reservations myself, and the website seems to imply I can edit it.

Do I have to get my TA to do it?

Thanks!

Does anyone know how to change restaurant reservations on the website? I want to change my reservation for the same place, date and time but add someone else to my table. I should be able to do that, but I can't see where the edit function is.

At the calendar showing my reservations (with colour codes for the restaurants I have booked) it seems I can only cancel or "update" the reservation. I can't actually update anything.

I made the reservations myself, and the website seems to imply I can edit it.

Do I have to get my TA to do it?

Thanks!

I would. Either call the TA or Oceania and get it done right rather than risk messing it up online and possibly losing your spot.

While we're on the subject of restaurant reservations... Can you make reservations on-line for yourself (2 in one stateroom) AND another stateroom (2 more) for the same reservation? Four total for one reservation?

Yes, assuming you have the other party's booking number AND that you are both eligible to book a reservation at this date. (For example, if one of you is in a higher cabin category than the other, then it may be too soon.)

While we're on the subject of restaurant reservations... Can you make reservations on-line for yourself (2 in one stateroom) AND another stateroom (2 more) for the same reservation? Four total for one reservation?

Yes when you go to the res page say NO to sharing then it will have link ADD A GUEST then put in their booking number & surname

note: you both must be eligible to book in that time frame

If all else fails call Oceania ;)

Tanny

I think you have to cancel the rebook & do the add a guest thing

I was afraid I would lose my time slot so called Oceania & they booked our friends on our reservation

Yes when you go to the res page say NO to sharing then it will have link ADD A GUEST then put in their booking number & surname

note: you both must be eligible to book in that time frame

If all else fails call Oceania ;)

Ah.. Thanks a lot! I wouldn't have necessarily thought to say "no" to sharing to be able to "add guest." I would have thought to say "yes" since we'd be "sharing" with our guests...

Edited by Baybear

You may certainly invite friends to dine with you, and apparently others have already explained the bells and whistles of doing so, but to be clear, no matter which party makes the reservation, it would count against the Guaranteed number of Reservations for ALL participants.

I learned this very early on when I arranged for a birthday party for Stan in Polo and inadvertently used up the reservations of my invited guests.

44.-oceania-privee-300x199.jpg

Thank God for Privée !

You may certainly invite friends to dine with you, and apparently others have already explained the bells and whistles of doing so, but to be clear, no matter which party makes the reservation, it would count against the Guaranteed number of Reservations for ALL participants.

I learned this very early on when I arranged for a birthday party for Stan in Polo and inadvertently used up the reservations of my invited guests.

44.-oceania-privee-300x199.jpg

Thank God for Privée !

Thanks for the tip. We're traveling with another couple, so wherever we eat, they eat... so that's not a problem for us four. But that's good advice for others.

I am on Oceania Riviera in October. My husband and I are in a PH Suite. My sisters are also coming on this cruise but are booked in a different category and their date to book SR is in August. I am eligible to book specialty restaurants July 22. We all wanted to sit together so I was going to book the reservations. After reading that I wouldn't be able to here on this thread I called Oceania and they told me that I would be able to book the reservations for all 4 of us on July 22. I told the person that they were not in the same category as my husband and I and he stated that it didn't matter. I was allowed to book them with my reservation. I'm confused!! Who is correct?

I am on Oceania Riviera in October. My husband and I are in a PH Suite. My sisters are also coming on this cruise but are booked in a different category and their date to book SR is in August. I am eligible to book specialty restaurants July 22. We all wanted to sit together so I was going to book the reservations. After reading that I wouldn't be able to here on this thread I called Oceania and they told me that I would be able to book the reservations for all 4 of us on July 22. I told the person that they were not in the same category as my husband and I and he stated that it didn't matter. I was allowed to book them with my reservation. I'm confused!! Who is correct?

The agent is correct.

You can book your reservation on 7/22 and then call Oceania to add your sisters.

This unwritten policy is criticized by some but appreciated by others (like yourself, I am sure).

The agent is correct.

You can book your reservation on 7/22 and then call Oceania to add your sisters.

This unwritten policy is criticized by some but appreciated by others (like yourself, I am sure).

Thank you Paulchili. I was kind of worrying that we wouldn't be able to sit together. It's a relief!!! :)

Thank you Paulchili. I was kind of worrying that we wouldn't be able to sit together. It's a relief!!! :)

We were also able to book friends earlier than their category by using our TA.

Explain the situation and they are accommodating.:)

When I booked our reservations online and then added friends later, I had no problems ... but I DID have to wait.

Then more recently when I ran into difficulties adding people, Oceania did it for us even though they technically were not yet eligible to book.

So I guess both answers work! When in doubt, call direct or get your TA to handle it (that's just a guess).

I will say that when we could book at the earliest date for ourselves and went to add friends when THEY were eligible, we always got the table. And even if we couldn't have done so online, the odds are good that you could once you board ... especially if you have the assistance of a butler.

I really don't think having the assistance of a butler is essential if you deal with booking a larger table early on. It just helps if you have one.

Mura