Flights To Europe

Mr305

I'm on the Vista TA so I need a one way ticket to Barcelona. I will definitely be leaving out of JFK.

Have been checking fares since February for this year same week. They are all over the place. Norwegian has the best but with some lengthly layovers.

What is the best site to view all fares at one time? TIA

Check out TAP Portugal. They have really reasonable flights to Barcelona. We flew them from Miami last time. Great food too. And the orange juice is the best I have ever tasted! :p You can find them on all of the major search engines (kayak, expedia, cheaptickets, etc.)

Edited by BaseballMomof4

Check out TAP Portugal. They have really reasonable flights to Barcelona. We flew them from Miami last time. Great food too. And the orange juice is the best I have ever tasted! :p You can find them on all of the major search engines (kayak, expedia, cheaptickets, etc.)

TAP does not fly out of JFK. I just did a mock booking lowest out of EWR was $1000. Yesterday I found an Iberia flight for $509. It was share coded with American. This was through Momondo.

TAP does not fly out of JFK. I just did a mock booking lowest out of EWR was $1000. Yesterday I found an Iberia flight for $509. It was share coded with American. This was through Momondo.

We connected on our flight out of NYC when we flew them in 2013. I guess I just assumed it was JFK. Would have to go back and look. But we paid $801 on them for a round trip to Barcelona. All I remember is we had to take a bus to our gate and I was stressing out because our flight from Miami (on United) was late!

I'm on the Vista TA so I need a one way ticket to Barcelona. I will definitely be leaving out of JFK.

Have been checking fares since February for this year same week. They are all over the place. Norwegian has the best but with some lengthly layovers.

google.com/flights

cheapoair.com

kayak.com

fly.com

Are some of the few i'm using to find flights. Air Europa flights from Miami to Barcelona are starting to show up, found one today for $918 but it's for early June. The next cheapest airline is TAP. Not sure if Air Europa flies out of JFK.

google.com/flights

cheapoair.com

kayak.com

fly.com

Are some of the few i'm using to find flights. Air Europa flights from Miami to Barcelona are starting to show up, found one today for $918 but it's for early June. The next cheapest airline is TAP. Not sure if Air Europa flies out of JFK.

I'm having issues with the air europa website. Have no idea why.

I'm having issues with the air europa website. Have no idea why.

Going directly to the airline's website might not be cheaper and/or produce the same price, learned this lesson already. For example, cheapoair.com shows $963 for a TP flight out of Miami. Booking the same flight via TP's website is double the price, so I would be careful with that.

Try justfly.com

Thanks so much for posting about your experience on TPA Portugal! I have been wondering about them since they have such awesome prices to BCN.

Even though I can often get great fares out of TPA I will watch MIA too :)

Wish I could help with May flight info but the last time I flew overseas in May it was May 2000 and we paid $463 RT from ATL. Now I always travel in the fall and fares tend to be lower. I bought RT Rome in March last year for travel in October and it was only $736 with one stop in Phily each way. I hope to get close to that for 2016 :)

I feel your pain fkying across the pond, as airfare from the UK to the U.S. is even more expensive around $1500 direct, $1100 indirect.

Good times for us to bag cheaper prices to the states are generally in October, Dec (Christmas Day) and April, with U.S. Carries, Delta, AA and United, so it may work out similar times flying from the states.

For anyone heading to the UK first, then we have cheap carriers called Easyjet, Jet2, Ryan Air, monarch baggage is extra for getting to BCN.

If you are looking for transfers once you get there I can recommend Suntransfers, used them three times now.

For getting to the states the cheapest routes for us, are, Dublin, Oslo and Frankfurt, using repositioning flights first of course.

Edited by heatherbelle

For anyone heading to the UK first, then we have cheap carriers called Easyjet, Jet2, Ryan Air, monarch baggage is extra for getting to BCN.

I will be heading to Barcelona from Newcastle. Looks like a very reasonable fare doing some mock bookings.

Thanks so much for posting about your experience on TPA Portugal! I have been wondering about them since they have such awesome prices to BCN.

Even though I can often get great fares out of TPA I will watch MIA too :)

Wish I could help with May flight info but the last time I flew overseas in May it was May 2000 and we paid $463 RT from ATL. Now I always travel in the fall and fares tend to be lower. I bought RT Rome in March last year for travel in October and it was only $736 with one stop in Phily each way. I hope to get close to that for 2016 :)

I wish I could find better fares out of Tampa since it is way more convenient for us, but all the fares I see out of Tampa have been at $100 higher per ticket and often more like $200-$300.

I wish I could find better fares out of Tampa since it is way more convenient for us, but all the fares I see out of Tampa have been at $100 higher per ticket and often more like $200-$300.

Ya, I'm sure it is hit or miss out of Tampa. My son and his family live in Boca now so flying from MIA wouldn't be too bad for me and I can combine it with a short visit.

I like what I see out of MIA - especially the non stops!

Ya, I'm sure it is hit or miss out of Tampa. My son and his family live in Boca now so flying from MIA wouldn't be too bad for me and I can combine it with a short visit.

I like what I see out of MIA - especially the non stops!

Definitely a lot more options out of MIA, but we have family in TPA which would allow us to skip the parking costs. If we do fly out of MIA though, I think I will have one of my other sons drop us off and pick us up. Getting back to our vehicle last time that was in an off site parking garage was a little slice of hell after a long flight.

If you fly out of ATL check out Turkish Airlines. You have to change at Istanbul and kind of backtrack but I booked 4 tickets to BCN with a return from FCO for $3129. This was directly on their website so no third party sight involved. They also fly from other hubs in the US with similar fares.

If you fly out of ATL check out Turkish Airlines. You have to change at Istanbul and kind of backtrack but I booked 4 tickets to BCN with a return from FCO for $3129. This was directly on their website so no third party sight involved. They also fly from other hubs in the US with similar fares.

I have seen a lot of good fares on Turkish Air but have been a bit leary since I don't know much about the airline and since some of the current turmoil involves Turkey. I will continue to check them out as time gets closer though.

I have seen a lot of good fares on Turkish Air but have been a bit leary since I don't know much about the airline and since some of the current turmoil involves Turkey. I will continue to check them out as time gets closer though.

I belong to a couple of other travel sites where I queried people on the airline. Apparently they get raves for their food. My kids will be happy at least. I also checked their ratings and reviews on http://www.airlinequality.com. I figured since we are already stopping in Turkey that going through the airport wouldn't be an issue.

I belong to a couple of other travel sites where I queried people on the airline. Apparently they get raves for their food. My kids will be happy at least. I also checked their ratings and reviews on http://www.airlinequality.com. I figured since we are already stopping in Turkey that going through the airport wouldn't be an issue.

Just went to that link you provided and actually saw a large number of negative reviews. I will keep reading though. They have pretty good pricing and pretty good times, my concern is it appears when they have delays the connecting flights do nothing to try to accommodate the delayed travelers. But that could just be a handful of reviews on the couple of pages I have read.

Just went to that link you provided and actually saw a large number of negative reviews. I will keep reading though. They have pretty good pricing and pretty good times, my concern is it appears when they have delays the connecting flights do nothing to try to accommodate the delayed travelers. But that could just be a handful of reviews on the couple of pages I have read.

I usually take those reviews with a grain of salt kind of like here. Dissatisfied people yell the loudest! The folks in my other travel groups all gave me their first-hand reviews and I trust them. If we do have issues then we'll just deal. I've had flights cancelled, rerouted, etc before and it's just something where you have to try to keep calm and work with what you have. Knocking on wood that all goes well though as that is usually the case.

I usually take those reviews with a grain of salt kind of like here. Dissatisfied people yell the loudest! The folks in my other travel groups all gave me their first-hand reviews and I trust them. If we do have issues then we'll just deal. I've had flights cancelled, rerouted, etc before and it's just something where you have to try to keep calm and work with what you have. Knocking on wood that all goes well though as that is usually the case.

Very true about the complainers! Good that you have some reviews that you can count on - it's always so hard to tell which one to give the most weight to.

I had good luck waiting until November last time, so I am going to just keep my eyes open in the meantime unless a fare really jumps out at me. I am still debating tacking on a "bonus" city by spending the night in a connection city as well.

Half the fun is the planning!

Very true about the complainers! Good that you have some reviews that you can count on - it's always so hard to tell which one to give the most weight to.

I had good luck waiting until November last time, so I am going to just keep my eyes open in the meantime unless a fare really jumps out at me. I am still debating tacking on a "bonus" city by spending the night in a connection city as well.

Half the fun is the planning!

Good luck to you!

Nice! Also a perk of Turkish Air, if you manage a long enough layover they will arrange for a free sightseeing tour while you are there.

Next cruise: Carnival Vista - July 2016

I read an article this morning saying there is an expectation that fares will dip significantly next month so I am holding out and crossing my fingers ;)

I have a couple of flights on a couple of different airlines that I am looking at so hopefully one of them will discount and I can grab it!

Nice! Also a perk of Turkish Air, if you manage a long enough layover they will arrange for a free sightseeing tour while you are there.

Only 3 hours each way so not enough time to leave the airport.

Now THAT is good to know! One of the flights I am looking at has a bit of a layover - that would be a bonus!

How long does the layover have to be and how do you arrange for the sightseeing tour?

Turkish Air is showing some of the best pricing from Miami to Athens on the search engines and that might just push them to the top of the line for me!