Flights To Europe

Mr305

The cruise will be part of a bigger trip for us. Eight days in Ireland, 5 in Paris, 2 in Athens then the cruise. We used Kayak "hacker fares". Basically they find great 1 way deals. We were able to fly Myrtle Beach to Dublin, Dublin to Paris, Paris to Athens & Barcelona to Myrtle Beach for $1517 per person. It's a bit complicated. You have to make 3 reservations, but to compare Delta was $3200+ per person at their website for the same itinerary.

The cruise will be part of a bigger trip for us. Eight days in Ireland, 5 in Paris, 2 in Athens then the cruise. We used Kayak "hacker fares". Basically they find great 1 way deals. We were able to fly Myrtle Beach to Dublin, Dublin to Paris, Paris to Athens & Barcelona to Myrtle Beach for $1517 per person. It's a bit complicated. You have to make 3 reservations, but to compare Delta was $3200+ per person at their website for the same itinerary.

What a deal and I'm jealous of your other plans! Enjoy!

I also booked through kayak. DC to Barcelona and Athens back to DC, non stop on the way out: $1078. I'm very pleased. The rates may go down, but I knew I would feel comfortable at less than $1100 pp, so I booked.

What a deal and I'm jealous of your other plans! Enjoy!

I also booked through kayak. DC to Barcelona and Athens back to DC, non stop on the way out: $1078. I'm very pleased. The rates may go down, but I knew I would feel comfortable at less than $1100 pp, so I booked.

Rarely do air fare come down as they tend to work on a tiered price structure. so many at one price and so many at a higher price and so on.

Once the cheap ones are gone they only ever go up.

Once you see a fare that sound reasonable go for it as chances are you won't see them at that price again.

I used to work in a travel agency and have seen it first hand.

I got two one way tickets from DCA to BCN for $11.20 total with points on AA. It will cost me more to fly home from NY after the TA. I knew there was a reason I was hoarding those points. [emoji41]

I AM JEALOUS! Have a fabulous trip.

Rarely do air fare come down as they tend to work on a tiered price structure. so many at one price and so many at a higher price and so on.

Once the cheap ones are gone they only ever go up.

Once you see a fare that sound reasonable go for it as chances are you won't see them at that price again.

I used to work in a travel agency and have seen it first hand.

Makes sense. Glad I went ahead and booked. I'm really happy with the nonstop flight over. A little concerned about the 55 min layover and plane change in Munich, but we will manage.

I AM JEALOUS! Have a fabulous trip.

Makes sense. Glad I went ahead and booked. I'm really happy with the nonstop flight over. A little concerned about the 55 min layover and plane change in Munich, but we will manage.

Be careful Norwegian is notorious for coming in late. My son flew them into January. 2 hours late.

I just booked on Monday this week through the Carnival fly program using my PVP and saved about $425 per ticket. I paid $874 each rt to Barcelona on Delta vs. the $1,296 that was being advertised on Delta's website. That was close to the lowest airfare available rt at the time - American was right about $1,288. Our flights are confirmed and space held, we just have to pay in full by the due date for the final cruise payment.

I just booked on Monday this week through the Carnival fly program using my PVP and saved about $425 per ticket. I paid $874 each rt to Barcelona on Delta vs. the $1,296 that was being advertised on Delta's website. That was close to the lowest airfare available rt at the time - American was right about $1,288. Our flights are confirmed and space held, we just have to pay in full by the due date for the final cruise payment.

Where are you flying from? I saved also booking through Carnival. They were less expensive than what I was seeing elsewhere. But now I think prices are dropping, so I wish I would have waited.

Where are you flying from? I saved also booking through Carnival. They were less expensive than what I was seeing elsewhere. But now I think prices are dropping, so I wish I would have waited.

I would think you could still cancel since it isn't paid until final payment date right?

I would think you could still cancel since it isn't paid until final payment date right?

I am past the final payment date. I just checked, and there is quite a drop with a different flight for $800. I'm booked at $1200. Called Carnival to change, and while we were in the process, it jumped up to $1800. So I will keep watching but sticking with what I have for now. I would have to pay the $200 change fee, but with a big price drop, I would have still been ahead $200pp.

I checked into booking with Carnival, but the only flights they had coming home had 2 layovers.

After I booked my airfare, for about a 4 hour period, the rates dropped $200 per person. I guess we will always second guess our timing, but at least the airfare is taken care of and we're ok with the rate.

• 2 weeks later...

We are flying from Louisville, going through Charlotte.