Flights To Europe

Mr305

For those interested in a Fly2Fun Comparison:

We just booked a flight to Athens in May from Atlanta with return to Atlanta from Barcelona in June. One quick stop in Philly on departure leg and Charlotte on return.

This flight is currently $1285 pp on american air website. We booked for $1027 pp which allows us to use Carnival gift cards for payment, payment not due until Feb, cancellations and changes until Feb and the guarantee they will get us to the boat should any of those flight legs have issues.

These flights have meals, wifi, inseat entertainment, etc...

There was a little snag in they had to involve travel services to put my flights through individually as the operator got an error message as they tried to complete the transaction. So be patient and persistent if they have an issue.

Atlanta is a little further than our closest airport, but the flight offerings were not as great from home airport (longer, less preferable arrival times) so check other airports if you have other options.

Happy Customer :)

Edited by AngMo44

Just wanted to let you know that I booked our flights with Carnival and I think we got an amazing deal. We are on the Vista Oct1/16 and our flight for both of us is $1305.40. Out of Toronto. I'm very pleased as I was very worried about our flight back from Athens. And also I don't have to pay for it until my final payment is made for the cruise. I'm extremely happy and relieved.

My SO and I are on the May 1st sailing and I just booked our flights yesterday and couldn't be happier!

We're planning on flying out of Toronto and want to stay in Venice a few days before the cruise.

After the cruise, we're going to train from Barcelona into Paris and fly back from there.

Doing a tiny bit of creative thinking, I got us AMAZING flights on Icelandair...

YYZ to London Gatwick on Icelandair

Gatwick to Venice on EasyJet

Paris to Toronto on Icelandair

2 Passengers including all of our Bags Checked $1150 TOTAL. $575pp!

Doin' a major happy dance over here!

My SO and I are on the May 1st sailing and I just booked our flights yesterday and couldn't be happier!

We're planning on flying out of Toronto and want to stay in Venice a few days before the cruise.

After the cruise, we're going to train from Barcelona into Paris and fly back from there.

Doing a tiny bit of creative thinking, I got us AMAZING flights on Icelandair...

YYZ to London Gatwick on Icelandair

Gatwick to Venice on EasyJet

Paris to Toronto on Icelandair

2 Passengers including all of our Bags Checked $1150 TOTAL. $575pp!

Doin' a major happy dance over here!

That's awesome!!! Wow.. I saw that 36 hour sale on my Facebook with icelandair like I was happy to get her Edmonton-Amsterdam round trip 700 each Canadian but yours is way better!!

For those interested in a Fly2Fun Comparison:

We just booked a flight to Athens in May from Atlanta with return to Atlanta from Barcelona in June. One quick stop in Philly on departure leg and Charlotte on return.

This flight is currently $1285 pp on american air website. We booked for $1027 pp which allows us to use Carnival gift cards for payment, payment not due until Feb, cancellations and changes until Feb and the guarantee they will get us to the boat should any of those flight legs have issues.

These flights have meals, wifi, inseat entertainment, etc...

There was a little snag in they had to involve travel services to put my flights through individually as the operator got an error message as they tried to complete the transaction. So be patient and persistent if they have an issue.

Atlanta is a little further than our closest airport, but the flight offerings were not as great from home airport (longer, less preferable arrival times) so check other airports if you have other options.

Happy Customer :)

We booked through Carnival as well and the perk for us is that we are paying for everything with gift cards we are getting through Verizon so we are getting 10% off...yay us...in addition we got a 12 hour layover in Paris....I would have paid for 12 hours in Paris!

• 3 weeks later...
We booked through Carnival as well and the perk for us is that we are paying for everything with gift cards we are getting through Verizon so we are getting 10% off...yay us...in addition we got a 12 hour layover in Paris....I would have paid for 12 hours in Paris!

I did book flights also through CCL and what I really like is not paying for them until final payment in April! Seattle - Barcelona $1370. Air is over $1700 per on the retail market right now.

Is there a downside to CCL AIR that I don't know of ?

I did book flights also through CCL and what I really like is not paying for them until final payment in April! Seattle - Barcelona $1370. Air is over $1700 per on the retail market right now.

Is there a downside to CCL AIR that I don't know of ?

Outlining our experience...we booked using the new fly2fun method back in October utilizing the flexible rate. The restricted rate was much higher at the time and is the plan where you pay at the time you book air. Got the flights we wanted and at a decent rate. We were content. We have no flight status on airline so the immediate downturn was that we were unable to upgrade our seats from standard coach to comfort seating. Anyway, we chose standard and became content with that. Were told that once airfare was paid by Carnival to Delta the res would become a paid and ticketed reservation, this would take place per Carnival 60-75 days prior to sailing date. Got it, we understood that and figured we would simply wait it out and if seating was still available we would upgrade, if not we would do the 9hr flight as is, not thrilled but won't kill us:eek:

Anyway, earlier this week, contacted our TA inquiring about rate reduction on the cruise fare as we had been reading many were seeing reductions. Well, while he was at it he also followed up on any air credit (hadn't even thought about that). To our surprise, we got a reduction on the cruise and air making no changes at all for a total of almost $250 for dw and I as well as second couple traveling with us. Great sounds good, we're elated.

NOT...earlier today I again was poking around the Delta site looking at seating (I do this 4-5 times a week) for the upcoming flights. To my surprise there were bunches of seats showing available where there had not been. Upon further looking, I noticed our entire outbound flight had been changed by one day:eek::eek:

Holy mashed potatoes Batman...what now. Anyhoo, have contacted our TA whom contacted Carnival and I believe the issue is resolved, least I've been told it has. I have a new locator # for Delta though the flight isn't showing as of yet nor is it showing on the Carnival site. I just hope the seats are still there once it does show. The other couple is Diamond with Delta and hopefully they'll still get their comfort seats as there are few remaining.

Soo...to be so long winded, as excellent as our TA is, and as convenient as using Carnival's service I'm not sure we'll do this again. Too much control is lost. Delta won't talk to you due to having booked thru TA, which in their eyes is Carnival. Carnival won't talk due to having booked thru out TA. So to get this resolved our TA talks to Carnival whom talks to Delta.

It seems to be a good plan and I suspect all will be well, though bottom line, we still won't be able to upgrade to comfort seating until Carnival pays the ticket. That's our story, sorry to ramble..:)

btw...the rate we got ATL to BCN nonstop at $1340pp

Edited by cruisinlawn

To those of you who asked for opinions on Norwegian airlines, I have flown them multiple times and here is my comparison of them and Delta which is the other airline I fly frequently.

Norwegian

Pay for luggage

Brand new Dreamliner airplanes

Free entertainment

$4 for a soda onboard

$75 for their nice n tasty menu

Delta

Free suitcase on international flights

Older airplanes

Free entertainment and much larger selection

Free drinks

Free meal

So, if you know beforehand that you pay for your food and drink and international luggage in addition to the ticket on Norwegian, and those are included in your ticket with Delta, then you can more adequatly compare the true cost of the flights.

Edited by Ritap

This is our first venture to Europe! We're on the Vista June 3rd out of Barcelona. We found a couple flights from Boston to Paris via WOW & Ar Lingus for $486 end of May. Are those airlines reputable? We wanted to spend a couple days in Paris and then take the train down to Barcelona so these flight would be perfect and great prices!

WOW air is another Icelandic airline that operates from select cities in the US to cities in Europe via layovers in Rekjavik. Like Icelandair, they are reputable, but you may have to pay extra for your baggage, so be sure to factor that into your savings.

WOW air is another Icelandic airline that operates from select cities in the US to cities in Europe via layovers in Rekjavik. Like Icelandair, they are reputable, but you may have to pay extra for your baggage, so be sure to factor that into your savings.

Thank you for your response! :) I'll check their baggage rates. We should only have 2 checked suitcases so the savings should still be good!

Check out the airlines refund policy or just call them up and ask. Most have policy of refunding money if ticket purchased within 24 hrs. No questions. I that works, then book new flights while price is still valid them work on refund.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was just checking my booking last night and noticed the cost my flight has dropped.

Maybe a silly question but how do you check your flight data. I know how to check the cruise portion but not the flight part and is this guaranteed for price drop like the cruise portion. Thanks Anna.

Maybe a silly question but how do you check your flight data. I know how to check the cruise portion but not the flight part and is this guaranteed for price drop like the cruise portion. Thanks Anna.

Go to the my booking section section on there website and from there you click on the cruise details.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm exactly like you...I like to know everything about my aircraft, layovers, number of connections, etc. I'm trying Carnival's Fly2Fun because we are traveling to Barcelona in July with our granddaughter and R/T air during this peak time is about $1,700 from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. I am paying 1,333 per person with Fly2Fun flexible air and only have one connection each way. I was able to pick my seats (which I checked out myself) and payment is due with my final cruise payment. We are on the July 9th Vista sailing.

Florida Girl,

I've booked the Flexible Air and a couple of the flights have seats assigned, but I can't change them online and I'd really like to upgrade to Air France's Premium Economy, but there's only like 12 seats for that type. I have no idea how much more it'd cost but you'd think they could just add it to my entire price I'm paying already?

Florida Girl,

I've booked the Flexible Air and a couple of the flights have seats assigned, but I can't change them online and I'd really like to upgrade to Air France's Premium Economy, but there's only like 12 seats for that type. I have no idea how much more it'd cost but you'd think they could just add it to my entire price I'm paying already?

I haven't been able to select my seats. I'm thinking maybe once final payment is made I will be allowed to.

Perfect! I've been hearing good things about Carnival's new airline program indeed!!

I had SUCH a good experience booking air through Carnival. Searching on my own it looked like flying to Barcelona (from Boston) and then flying home from Athens was going to be, at minimum, $1100 per person. Carnival somehow managed it for less than $800, with just one stop each way and reasonable layovers. I hope the actual travel works out well, but so far I'm pretty pleased. :D

Edited by Mflores87