Flights To Europe

Mr305

I am traveling with 2 other people and we want to sit together, from what I am reading now, we may not be able to pick seats till a couple of days before the flight. We may end up at different parts of the plane. The flight is a long one, so we would like to be together.

I just responded to Cruises42 post regarding booking my seats. I finally was able to use my record locator number and pick my seats on Delta. We fly Air Canada back and I had to call them and explain Carnival's Fly2Fun program to the agent and then she assigned me our seats. I have always had my seats when I book my airfare. I don't want any surprises when I get to the airport. We are traveling with our granddaughter to Barcelona and we want to sit together.

No to rain on anyone's situation, but what's the concern that you can't select seat? Airlines always have a way of either unseating you if they need to or moving you if the situation requires it. Again, no disrespect intended. As long as the reservations eventually get ticketed, seat selections is possible. Next will come the fee to select a seat. Those that opted to right out purchase tixs are selecting the free seats I've seen as I've monitored the flight my group of 7 are on! They have their seats too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have always selected seats when I book our airfare. I think we have only been moved by the airlines once or twice when they changed aircraft. The reason I booked the flexible air with Carnival, in addition to the better pricing and payment due with the final cruise payment, was that they stated you could pick your seats. I don't like surprises when I get to the airport. Always feel better when I know our seats are reserved...don't want to take a chance on getting seated next to those awful bathrooms or in the middle seats. We have really good seats and I did not pay any extra for them.

I have always selected seats when I book our airfare. I think we have only been moved by the airlines once or twice when they changed aircraft. The reason I booked the flexible air with Carnival, in addition to the better pricing and payment due with the final cruise payment, was that they stated you could pick your seats. I don't like surprises when I get to the airport. Always feel better when I know our seats are reserved...don't want to take a chance on getting seated next to those awful bathrooms or in the middle seats. We have really good seats and I did not pay any extra for them.

Same here. I am one of those persons who enjoy travel planning and prefer to book my own travel arrangements. I like to know something about the aircraft I am flying on, the number of connections, layover time, seats ( always check on Seatguru to see if there are any pros or cons for a particular seat) and the connecting airports. I did research last winter and had a price range that I was comfortable about and fit our budget. I booked our tickets when they first became available for purchase. The Fly2Fun program wasn't even available then. I feel I would not purchase though Carnival until I had time to check the above factors first. I always get nervous talking to an agent and not having a visual display of the information right in front of me before making a commitment. Different strokes for different folks. Btw.....We paid $1330.30 per person from Knoxville to Charlotte to Barcelona on American. For the return it is Athens to Philadelphia to Charlotte to Knoxville. I could have waited 6 hours in Philly for a direct flight to Knoxville but didn't want to wait that long. I consider this a fair price from this originating airport. Last winter the lowest it ever went down was $1235.00 and that was 8 weeks prior to departure date. Two days later the plane was sold out.

Edited by HLGW60

Are you sure he gave you the flexible plan, I can't pick a seat either.

I did book the flexible air and finally I was able to pick my seats on Delta's website. We have return flights on Air Canada and I wasn't able to pick my seats on their website, but I called them direct and they did it for me.

Same here. I am one of those persons who enjoy travel planning and prefer to book my own travel arrangements. I like to know something about the aircraft I am flying on, the number of connections, layover time, seats ( always check on Seatguru to see if there are any pros or cons for a particular seat) and the connecting airports. I did research last winter and had a price range that I was comfortable about and fit our budget. I booked our tickets when they first became available for purchase. The FlytoFun program wasn't even available then. I feel I would not purchase though Carnival until I had time to check the above factors first. I always get nervous talking to an agent and not having a visual display of the information right in front of me before making a commitment. Different strokes for different folks. Btw.....We paid $1330.30 per person from Knoxville to Charlotte to Barcelona on American. For the return it is Athens to Philadelphia to Charlotte to Knoxville. I could have waited 6 hours in Philly for a direct flight to Knoxville but didn't want to wait that long. I consider this a fair price from this originating airport. Last winter the lowest it ever went down was $1235.00 and that was 8 weeks prior to departure date. Two days later the plane was sold out.

I'm exactly like you...I like to know everything about my aircraft, layovers, number of connections, etc. I'm trying Carnival's Fly2Fun because we are traveling to Barcelona in July with our granddaughter and R/T air during this peak time is about $1,700 from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. I am paying 1,333 per person with Fly2Fun flexible air and only have one connection each way. I was able to pick my seats (which I checked out myself) and payment is due with my final cruise payment. We are on the July 9th Vista sailing.

As I'm leaving from Toronto Canada - I'm thinking of flying to London (Gatwick) and taking the train to Barcelona. Will spend one nite in London and have lunch in Paris the next day as that is where we have to switch trains. And overnite in Barcelona. Am on the Vista Oct 1/16. Seems like a beautiful way to se the country and save a lot on the flight.

We just booked 1-way flights to Athens for the October 11 sailing (we are doing b2b with the TA cruise) through Norwegian Air out of JFK. Coach seats were $400. We ended up booking their premier class for $785. The seats aren't fold flat, but they are large recliners with a foot rest for the overnight flight. The first leg, to Stockholm, is on one of the new 787 Dreamliners, which has all kinds of new high tech features. We will book a cheap Jet Blue flight to get to JFK later next year.

We just booked 1-way flights to Athens for the October 11 sailing (we are doing b2b with the TA cruise) through Norwegian Air out of JFK. Coach seats were $400. We ended up booking their premier class for $785. The seats aren't fold flat, but they are large recliners with a foot rest for the overnight flight. The first leg, to Stockholm, is on one of the new 787 Dreamliners, which has all kinds of new high tech features. We will book a cheap Jet Blue flight to get to JFK later next year.

Has anyone flown on Norwegian? We are looking at flights too in August.

Has anyone flown on Norwegian? We are looking at flights too in August.

I haven't, but will most likely book them for our return flight of the Transatlantic (live in the UK, cruise ends in NYC, so need a one-way from NYC->LON at the end).

I had been looking for reviews, and have found this news article. (excuse the source)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2777132/What-REALLY-fly-London-New-York-150-Norwegian-s-budget-transatlantic-flights-test.html

It does seem budget, but as long as you know what is included and what isn't, it seems to be a great option and comfortable flight.

I haven't, but will most likely book them for our return flight of the Transatlantic (live in the UK, cruise ends in NYC, so need a one-way from NYC->LON at the end).

I had been looking for reviews, and have found this news article. (excuse the source)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2777132/What-REALLY-fly-London-New-York-150-Norwegian-s-budget-transatlantic-flights-test.html

It does seem budget, but as long as you know what is included and what isn't, it seems to be a great option and comfortable flight.

Good review.

Thank you! :D

I read the first half of this thread and didn't see this mentioned but before you keep checking sites like see Expedia or kayak for flights make sure to clear the cookies on your computer.

Those sites track the cookies and follow what you're searching and have been known to have higher prices because they know you want those flights.

For example two people are searching for flights from Tampa to London on the same day. Person A has been checking daily for a month with prices around $1100, theysee the price came down to $950 RT pp and book. Person B just checked for the first time the same day person A booked but got the same exact flight for $800 RT pp.

Those sites offer the better price because that's where the market is but person A has shown interest in that flight so much they know they can charge more since that person obviously needs/really wants that flight. It's wrong but clearing your cookies should always help ensure you get the best price.

just booked on vista for october first cruise to athens. started looking at airfare right away all flights started at $1000. then found out about carnivals fly2fun program. unfortunately you cant book from website so i called carnival and was able to get four tickets from boston to barcelona and athens to boston for $760 round trip. ill be landing in barcelona 2 days before the cruise giving me plenty of time to get over jet lag so i can enjoy my first european cruise.

just booked on vista for october first cruise to athens. started looking at airfare right away all flights started at $1000. then found out about carnivals fly2fun program. unfortunately you cant book from website so i called carnival and was able to get four tickets from boston to barcelona and athens to boston for $760 round trip. ill be landing in barcelona 2 days before the cruise giving me plenty of time to get over jet lag so i can enjoy my first european cruise.

Thanks for the info. I am also on this cruise and have been looking for flights as I'm leaving from Toronto. Getting to Barcelona is not a problem but leaving from Athens is my issue. Just curious - is your price of $760 include taxes. If so that's a great price. Will contact Carnival today.

Is that for round trip or one way

As I stated in my initial post roundtrip

Very select city pairs. Tried to get quote San Francisco to Rome (need to actually get to Venice for Inaugural cruise) but it's not an option even though AirBerlin services both cities.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes it is very limited in cities but some people don't mind and that's why I posted. For instance if you're in Miami you can fly to Vienna a day or two early and take a train to where you're going. The savings on airfare could easily pay for a night or two hotel somewhere and a train extending the trip.

I do agree though the cities are limited. Still a great price if you haven't committed to a cruise yet.

This site could also be of benefit. These sales end tomorrow and the airberlin deal is part of it.

http://m.travelzoo.com/airfare/europe/-299-up-Cyber-Monday-The-Best-Fares-to-Europe-2159531/

Or if you're looking for other trips other than just Europe check this out.

http://www.travelzoo.com/blog/cyber-monday-top-20/

Edited by theriac