Flights To Europe

Mr305

I've done an 11am flight home, but was a European flight so check in is only 2 hours, not sure if you still have 3 hours on International.

Maybe as a tester try booking the transfer with Carnival and see if they accept

If getting a taxi I would pre book one, we have used Suntransfers.com last year 8 people €52

That is my only issue with my flight - it is at 6:40 am (the day after disembark) and I really don't want to have to get to the airport at 4:40 am. I keep looking to see if they add another flight. :(

I may bite the bullet and fly out on Sunday but that flight doesn't get me home until Monday, which is another day off from work (after having taken 2 full weeks). Plus I would have to actually get up and go to work the very next day and be all jet lagged.....sigh.....no really good alternatives.

on my last Med cruise in 2013, I left the same day from Barcelona- I had a flight around 2pm. I was in no hurry to leave but the ship was very anxious for me to leave. They want you off as early as possible. My suggestion would be to take your luggage off with you in the morning and you can leave pretty early from the ship. I would suggest you leave as soon as you dock and head straight for the airport. The que for the cab will be the longest line up. I think you can inform the ship of your early flight.

Thank you for the response and the great info.

I went ahead and booked my roundtrip ticket last night. We literally booked the 2nd day our entire trip became available (and so early) because while there is 5 of us traveling, 4 of us were using advantage miles so since award tickets are limited per flight, we wanted to take advantage as soon as they became available.

Thanks again! Now the rest of our trip planning can commence since we have our flights out of the way. :)

Last time we disembarked in Barcelona we cheated the taxi queue at the port by catching the blue bus (about €3 I think) from outside the port terminal up to Columbus monument and getting a taxi from there instead. Worth a try if it looks like you'll be waiting forever.

Barcelona Airport is great - very easy to find your way around, both on arrival and departure. If you're heading into the city centre rather than straight to the port, I'd recommend the Aerobus. They come very frequently, it only costs €5.90 and there are various stops at popular locations (full details on http://www.aerobusbcn.com/en/lines). You can also get the RENFE train from the airport to Sants station and it's about €4.10, but the trains are much less frequent and I find that navigating the train stations at both ends is a lot more hassle than just jumping on the bus outside the arrivals terminal/in the city centre. Just my 2 cents though!

Great info, thanks! Getting luggage on and off the bus a hassle? Do you know how much a taxi from the port/downtown to the airport would be?

Great info, thanks! Getting luggage on and off the bus a hassle? Do you know how much a taxi from the port/downtown to the airport would be?

Lots of info in these two links:

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/transport/barcelona-cruise-port.html

In 2013 Carnival used slot C or D (I think C) in the map above.

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/airport/transport/barcelona-pier-to-airport.html

And on the subject of getting around Barcelona, here a link to the Metro system. The tip on using the T-10 ticket is a very good tip.

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/transport/barcelona-metro.html

Edited by fuddrules

Lots of info in these two links:

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/transport/barcelona-cruise-port.html

In 2013 Carnival used slot C or D (I think C) in the map above.

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/airport/transport/barcelona-pier-to-airport.html

And on the subject of getting around Barcelona, here a link to the Metro system. The tip on using the T-10 ticket is a very good tip.

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/transport/barcelona-metro.html

Wow, excellent post and links, thank you very much!

Just finished booking our airfare from JFK-BCN. Paid $764 per person roundtrip nonstop flight going there and a 4 hour layover in Madrid on the way home. We actually live in North Carolina. However, the airfare around here is $1465 nonstop. Considering we had to purchase 5 tickets we will visit my parents in NY for a few days pre-flight and a few days post-flight.

Just finished booking our airfare from JFK-BCN. Paid $764 per person roundtrip nonstop flight going there and a 4 hour layover in Madrid on the way home. We actually live in North Carolina. However, the airfare around here is $1465 nonstop. Considering we had to purchase 5 tickets we will visit my parents in NY for a few days pre-flight and a few days post-flight.

Very nice!

Which airline did you book? We're still looking at our options and trying to decide which airline and hub to fly out of for similar reasons.

Next cruise: Carnival Vista - July 2016

Just bought tickets on Icelandair for late July 2016 from Orlando via Toronto and Iceland to Paris for less than $600 pp. Any experience with Icelandair? Now, flight from Barcelona to S. Florida.

It's been 20+ years but I flew them when I when I studied abroad in college. I don't recall anything bad; we had a layover in Rayjvik (sp?) but got to see sunrise and then flew into Luxembourg. The only thing I remember was the food was a little "different" and didn't appeal to me, but otherwise, it didn't traumatize me :)

Hi! We got a taxi to / from the airport / port when cruising on the Sunshine. For my family of 5, it was 50 Euros in each direction. There are an abundance of taxis at either end, so getting one should not be a problem. Hope this helps.

Hi! We got a taxi to / from the airport / port when cruising on the Sunshine. For my family of 5, it was 50 Euros in each direction. There are an abundance of taxis at either end, so getting one should not be a problem. Hope this helps.

It does, thank you very much!

past few years we've used

http://www.suntransfers.com/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwvo6wBRCG3Zv92ZSLlIYBEiQA5PLVAm47L7U06hmSs_1iNNNcVhxRZz3IbG4rQ560RH3oKhIaApwu8P8HAQ

picking up a taxi can sometimes be expensive, they have a set rate, however they can the charge anything for luggage.

At least pre booking you know exactly what the fare will be in your own currency.

http://www.suntransfers.com/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwvo6wBRCG3Zv92ZSLlIYBEiQA5PLVAm47L7U06hmSs_1iNNNcVhxRZz3IbG4rQ560RH3oKhIaApwu8P8HAQ

picking up a taxi can sometimes be expensive, they have a set rate, however they can the charge anything for luggage.

At least pre booking you know exactly what the fare will be in your own currency.

Thanks!

Thanks for the link, there will be 6 of us traveling together so this is very helpful. Thanks so much!

Thank you very much for this post. I have been monitoring their flights for our upcoming cruise on Vista (Inaugural Cruise - Trieste - Barcelona). Have a group of people leaving from PHL and MCI and we were close to getting tixs recently but opted to wait... Glad we did!!!

Thank you very much for this post. I have been monitoring their flights for our upcoming cruise on Vista (Inaugural Cruise - Trieste - Barcelona). Have a group of people leaving from PHL and MCI and we were close to getting tixs recently but opted to wait... Glad we did!!!

You are welcome. I did some research on them when I was also considering them based on others booking with them. I first went to the flyertalk forums and did a search. People were discussing their difficulties there in a thread. Finally, someone posted the newspaper article I linked in my earlier post. Here's the link to the forums:http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/online-travel-booking-bidding-agencies/1655539-any-experience-justfly-com.html

It may be more expensive, but I just feel safer booking direct with the airlines.

DO NOT USE SUNTRANSFERS. I JUST had them booked, prepaid, and they didn't show up ( july 2015). They would not give my money back. They said they called and emailed me which they did not.

Another fellow on my cruise did the same and they left him at the airport too.

Apparently, a couple years ago they were better but have not been good as of late. I ended up in a taxi and it was 10 euros cheaper!!

Just booked the Vista for the July 9th sailing out of Barcelona and ending in Athens. I looked at flights today leaving out of Miami and I'm amazed to find flights costing over $1,600 on American. I need to purchase three tickets so this would make the air almost as much as the cruise. Hopefully, this will come down!

Airfares like what you're seeing Florida is the reason why Carnival pulled out of EU! Airfares where costing more than an inside cabin on the lowest level of the ship!

My group of 15 others picked the inaugural cruise, with the advise of our TA, to get better pricing with airfares and hotel rates. And boy did we snag some deals about three weeks ago when airfares dropped. Round trip out of PHL was under $900 after dropping from $1200!! Going just before summer starts was wise on our part!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk