Flights To Europe

Mr305

BA are currently having a business class sale, they code share with AA so it might be worth checking the BA website.

Also Quatar are having a sale too and they are part of the one world alliance, but their sale only covers flights up to 30/06/16

Edited by heatherbelle

BA are currently having a business class sale, they code share with AA so it might be worth checking the BA website.

Also Quatar are having a sale too and they are part of the one world alliance, but their sale only covers flights up to 30/06/16

Thanks!

Hi,

I just booked my Vista airfare through Fly2fun program. It was so easy and I think I got great pricing!! I live in Minneapolis and when I was checking on my own, pricing was anywhere from $1400.00 to $1800.00 to Barcelona. My cruise is in August so I expected it to be higher but wow!! The price I got through Carnival was $1250.00 each. One of the best parts is I have until my final cruise payment date of 5-8-16 to pay off the airfare also!!

I also have the ability to cancel or change airfare up to 60 days before flight. Overall it was a great experience, the rep was very helpful and knowledgeable and helpful.

Kellie

After you booked your air with Carnival's Fly2Fun, how long did it take you to get a booking number? I called Delta and asked them if I had a reservation and they said I just had a hold on some flights? I booked with my travel agent and the Fly2Fun agent at Carnival. I got a good rate, but I'm wondering if I actually have some flights booked. Did you reserve your seats?

we've booked as well coach seats on Delta thru Fly2Fun. We rec'd booking # immediately, our ta handled this. We then went into Delta's site and grab coach seats. Only thing, it won't allow us to upgrade to Economy Comfort:confused:

Additionally, we have other family members on same flight that booked as we did. One of those are medallion with Delta, they were able to select EC seats as it is a medallion perk.

In the past, he has been able to contact Delta and have them link our air res. In this case we were told they could not link the air bookings as they had not yet been ticketed, it was like an open booking with reserved space but not yet paid via the cruiseline.

Anyone with similar experience? TIA

we've booked as well coach seats on Delta thru Fly2Fun. We rec'd booking # immediately, our ta handled this. We then went into Delta's site and grab coach seats. Only thing, it won't allow us to upgrade to Economy Comfort:confused:

Additionally, we have other family members on same flight that booked as we did. One of those are medallion with Delta, they were able to select EC seats as it is a medallion perk.

In the past, he has been able to contact Delta and have them link our air res. In this case we were told they could not link the air bookings as they had not yet been ticketed, it was like an open booking with reserved space but not yet paid via the cruiseline.

Anyone with similar experience? TIA

I was told that I wouldn't be able to upgrade to..i.e. Economy Comfort..if I went with the "flexible" Fly2Fun. I think it's because you aren't paying for the actual plane ticket until the final cruise payment is due or this is how it was explained to me. They do have the other plan where you pay for your tickets now..can't remember the name of that one. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong because I would like to use the flexible plan but I really need to upgrade to more comfortable seating due to pain issues. Business/first class is just way too expensive for us.

I got my booking details from Carnival right away, you should get a cabin information email and the flight info is a PDF attached to it. Probability the PVP is not familiar with how to send the attachment, I had this issue the first go around.

After a couple of days, the bookings will show up on the airline side and you should be able to pick seats. British Airways requires a bit more work and if you go through the website, they charge you for reserving seats. However, since my flight is through AA, they have a note to call BA for seat assignments. Will give that a shot later today and see how it goes.

@Mr305, yeah BA is charging to snag seats unless you have status. They even charge for seat assignments if you upgrade cabins. I'm in Club Europe for my intro-EU flights and will be waiting until the 24 hr period prior to board to select seats for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Mr305, yeah BA is charging to snag seats unless you have status. They even charge for seat assignments if you upgrade cabins. I'm in Club Europe for my intro-EU flights and will be waiting until the 24 hr period prior to board to select seats for free.

Will give them a call and see what happens. The fee to book a seat isn't incredibly high, just want to make sure everyone is sitting together for the flight.

Booked my air transportation using Carnival's new program, Fly2Fun. A direct flight was $150 cheaper per person with the program versus online sites including the Airline's own site. The good part is, if it drops in price and it's 60 or more days before you cruise, you can cancel and book again at the lower price. Not a bad deal at all and unlike the old program, after 48 hours, you get to pick your seats.

I just called Carnival after I finally got my airline confirmation (which took a week). It had a record locator locator number on it and not a ticket number. I called Delta and without a ticket number I could not pick my seats. When I called Carnival, the girl checked on it for me and said I wouldn't be able to pick my seats until June 4th! There are three of us and we are on the Vista, July 9th sailing. That is only one month prior to the cruise departure date! If that is the way Fly2Fun works, I'm not sure I will keep my flights. Everyone I talk to at Carnival about the new airfare program doesn't seem to know what is going on. They need to have a separate department that handles just airfare. I get a different story every time I call them about things pertaining to my flights.

Hi,

I just booked my Vista airfare through Fly2fun program. It was so easy and I think I got great pricing!! I live in Minneapolis and when I was checking on my own, pricing was anywhere from $1400.00 to $1800.00 to Barcelona. My cruise is in August so I expected it to be higher but wow!! The price I got through Carnival was $1250.00 each. One of the best parts is I have until my final cruise payment date of 5-8-16 to pay off the airfare also!!

I also have the ability to cancel or change airfare up to 60 days before flight. Overall it was a great experience, the rep was very helpful and knowledgeable and helpful.

Kellie

I also have some flights booked with Carnivals Fly2Fun and when I tried to call Delta and pick my seats, I was told I didn't have a ticket yet. I just have a record locator number. I called Carnival and the girl I spoke with checked and said I won't be able to pick my seats until June 4th!! We are sailing on July 9th and waiting that long to pick my seats will just not work!

I also have some flights booked with Carnivals Fly2Fun and when I tried to call Delta and pick my seats, I was told I didn't have a ticket yet. I just have a record locator number. I called Carnival and the girl I spoke with checked and said I won't be able to pick my seats until June 4th!! We are sailing on July 9th and waiting that long to pick my seats will just not work!

Hi

I just went online to Delta after Carnival sent me a PDF with my record locators and used those locators as my confirmation number and my flights popped right up and I chose all my seats. I just went in now using that same record number and my flight and seats are all there. Wonder why I'm not having trouble. Makes me wonder...

Kellie

Hi

I just went online to Delta after Carnival sent me a PDF with my record locators and used those locators as my confirmation number and my flights popped right up and I chose all my seats. I just went in now using that same record number and my flight and seats are all there. Wonder why I'm not having trouble. Makes me wonder...

Kellie

How can you pick your seats without a ticket number? A record locator number brings up your reservation, but without a ticket number you can't pick your seats? Did you book flexible air and they don't have to be paid until your cruise final payment? I did and I was thinking that you have to pay for your flights when you book them to be able to pick your seats.

How can you pick your seats without a ticket number? A record locator number brings up your reservation, but without a ticket number you can't pick your seats? Did you book flexible air and they don't have to be paid until your cruise final payment? I did and I was thinking that you have to pay for your flights when you book them to be able to pick your seats.

I do have flexible airfare and have not paid. I don't know how I did it but I've looked several times on Delta site and I have seats assigned.

Edited by Halftocruz

I do have flexible airfare and have not paid. I don't know how I did it but I've looked several times on Delta site and I have seats assigned.

This is strange because the girl at Carnival told me I couldn't get my seats until June 4th for my July 6th flight. Did you book your cruise with a PVP at Carnival? I booked our cruise with an outside TA. Are you flying Delta both ways? They gave me Air Canada for my return flights. None of this should matter. Right now I don't have much confidence in their Fly2Fun program. I guess I'll have to waste another hour on the phone with them and see if I get a person who knows what their doing.

This is strange because the girl at Carnival told me I couldn't get my seats until June 4th for my July 6th flight. Did you book your cruise with a PVP at Carnival? I booked our cruise with an outside TA. Are you flying Delta both ways? They gave me Air Canada for my return flights. None of this should matter. Right now I don't have much confidence in their Fly2Fun program. I guess I'll have to waste another hour on the phone with them and see if I get a person who knows what their doing.

Sorry this is not going well for you. I booked the cruise myself online at Carnival. Then I just called the fly2thefun and worked with whoever answered the phone. I am flying Delta and KLM who is their partner. The guy I had at Carnival did really seem to know what he was doing. Wish I remembered his name so I could pass it on. :( Good luck!

Sorry this is not going well for you. I booked the cruise myself online at Carnival. Then I just called the fly2thefun and worked with whoever answered the phone. I am flying Delta and KLM who is their partner. The guy I had at Carnival did really seem to know what he was doing. Wish I remembered his name so I could pass it on. :( Good luck!

Are you sure he gave you the flexible plan, I can't pick a seat either.

I think so because I have not paid for it and I see it on my cruise details to pay by 5-16-16

I am checking with my PVP, my guess is since you mentioned he did not know what he was doing, he may have sent the information to the airline incorrectly.

I am hoping I will not have to wait to pick seats till the last minute or I will be canceling and rebooking.

No to rain on anyone's situation, but what's the concern that you can't select seat? Airlines always have a way of either unseating you if they need to or moving you if the situation requires it. Again, no disrespect intended. As long as the reservations eventually get ticketed, seat selections is possible. Next will come the fee to select a seat. Those that opted to right out purchase tixs are selecting the free seats I've seen as I've monitored the flight my group of 7 are on! They have their seats too!

No to rain on anyone's situation, but what's the concern that you can't select seat? Airlines always have a way of either unseating you if they need to or moving you if the situation requires it. Again, no disrespect intended. As long as the reservations eventually get ticketed, seat selections is possible. Next will come the fee to select a seat. Those that opted to right out purchase tixs are selecting the free seats I've seen as I've monitored the flight my group of 7 are on! They have their seats too!

I am traveling with 2 other people and we want to sit together, from what I am reading now, we may not be able to pick seats till a couple of days before the flight. We may end up at different parts of the plane. The flight is a long one, so we would like to be together.

If you have the reservation number you can just go into the airline website and book seats.

If you have the reservation number you can just go into the airline website and book seats.

OK, since I've been talking about this Fly2Fun program for weeks and all the problems I've been having with it, I thought I'd post my latest experience. I finally was able to go to Delta's website and enter my record locator number and pick seats for my husband, granddaughter and myself.

We are flying back after the cruise on Air Canada. I went to their website and found my reservation, but it would not let me pick my seats. I called Air Canada and talked to an agent who told me since my ticket wasn't paid for, I couldn't pick my seats! I explained Carnival's Fly2Fun program to her and that my tickets would be paid for when I paid my final payment for my cruise. She had never heard of the program, but said she could assign the seats I wanted for me. I pulled up my reservation after I hung up with her and the seats I booked were there.

This whole process has been very time consuming and if everything works out in the end, I'll be amazed. Just the other day a girl at Carnival told me I couldn't pick my seats until June 4 for my July 9th cruise! Carnival needs to have a separate travel department for Fly2Fun. Every person I talk to there gives me different answers. They usually can't answer my questions regarding air travel without checking with someone else or looking it up! Even then, the person she checked with told her I couldn't get my seats right away!