Flights To Europe

Mr305

I'm flying in two days before and staying three days after the cruise, had no problems booking a flight with Fly2Fun. On top of that, called back the other day and found a flight for $780 with an outbound layover in Heathrow and a direct flight on the way back. I can tell you that the program is relatively new, so a PVP might not be 100% familiar with all the rules.

The only other possibility for you running into an issue is the 9 days pre-cruise, have you tried splitting up the time between pre-post or simply doing it all post cruise? That might solve the problem and you'll be able to book with Carnival.

Edited by Mr305

Disney, is that because your cruise starts and ends in BCN? Suspecting that's the case, but just wanted to know for future sake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes

I was planning to fly into London (want to do London and Paris brefore the cruise)and out of Barcelona.

I'm flying in two days before and staying three days after the cruise, had no problems booking a flight with Fly2Fun. On top of that, called back the other day and found a flight for $780 with an outbound layover in Heathrow and a direct flight on the way back. I can tell you that the program is relatively new, so a PVP might not be 100% familiar with all the rules.

The only other possibility for you running into an issue is the 9 days pre-cruise, have you tried splitting up the time between pre-post or simply doing it all post cruise? That might solve the problem and you'll be able to book with Carnival.

I really want to end the trip with the cruise.

I have been thinking about booking the air with Carnival, then using the high speed train to spend a few days in London /Paris. Then using one of the budget airlines to fly back to Barcelona for the cruise. I know the train will eat up time, but it's one on my bucket list items.LOL

Did you book air with a PVP or did you call a special phone number?

Turkish Airlines just dropped the price another $200 pp from ORD to MAD and ATH to ORD for our June 11 cruise. We are planning on spending a few days in Madrid before the cruise.Just saw where some woman was murdered in the Istanbul airport yesterday which is probably the reason they dropped the airfare again.For our itinerary the cost is now $831 pp.Just really hoping Carnival does not drop the Ephesus port.Turkey is just so unstable right now.

• 2 weeks later...
Checking back to see if anyone else has gotten deals on their flights recently? I'm currently booked with AA for $780 round trip with a layover on the outbound flight at London.

Your question prompted me to check our dates: June 4 into Barcelona June 25 out of Rome -

My local airport (Nashville): $1800

Atlanta (where we are booked, 275 mile drive): $2002 on legacy US airline

Our actual flights on Turkish Airline: $1015

We paid: $832

Yep still glad I booked what and when I did!

Your question prompted me to check our dates: June 4 into Barcelona June 25 out of Rome -

My local airport (Nashville): $1800

Atlanta (where we are booked, 275 mile drive): $2002 on legacy US airline

Our actual flights on Turkish Airline: $1015

We paid: $832

Yep still glad I booked what and when I did!

I still have the best rate for my flights as well. Still $1028 from MIA to ATH and BCN to MIA for my dates.

Sharing is caring is my motto... Anyone making connections in Europe should at least look at fares for upgrading to business class. Today I was please to make an unbelievable savings I have been waiting to see if it is an error for about 2 months!!

My infra-European flights I booked today are: British Airways: London-Gatwick - Venice; Barcelona - London-Gatwick. In economy the flight would have cost $784.70 per person. Just for kicks I selected restrictive business class and then restrictive first class fares and both times I received a fare quote of $336.84 per person!! So today I pulled the trigger!! Now, I've checked the fares again and the economy fare is still the same but the business class fare is now $432.70. Still a deal!!!

Yes

I was planning to fly into London (want to do London and Paris brefore the cruise)and out of Barcelona.

Maybe consider looking into getting a cheap flight from BCN to London (Gatwick should be cheaper than Heathrow) and then take Eurostar to Paris and back. Or take Eurostar to Paris . Stay there for a set period of time before taking SNCF to Barcelona.

I considered taking train from BCN to London and it was much more expensive than flying and it was an all day trip (8+hrs.) as I didn't plan to over-night it anywhere.

Checking back to see if anyone else has gotten deals on their flights recently? I'm currently booked with AA for $780 round trip with a layover on the outbound flight at London.

Congrats on the great fare you got. :cool: Your flight must be out of the east coast? I checked on flights from Tucson today on AA=$1400 :eek:; From Tucson to Venice, then Barcelona to Tucson. Seems like the flights go thru Philly-maybe book Southwest for that portion of the trip if I can find a good sale, then AA or ??? onward to Europe from there?....

Booked my flight from Seattle to Barcelona today for my Oct. 1 cruise. It was a whopping $18.10 for Business class.......and 50k miles on my Alaska Air card. LOL

They partner with several airlines, and the best times and prices were with American Air. Glad to have that taken care of.

On my final night of first leg on Triumph Journeys cruise. Next leg (10 days) begins tomorrow out of San Juan.

Congrats on the great fare you got. :cool: Your flight must be out of the east coast? I checked on flights from Tucson today on AA=$1400 :eek:; From Tucson to Venice, then Barcelona to Tucson. Seems like the flights go thru Philly-maybe book Southwest for that portion of the trip if I can find a good sale, then AA or ??? onward to Europe from there?....

You might want to consider contacting Carnival and inquiring about their new Fly2Fun program.

Also consider asking a travel agent to investigate about the airfare as well. Both should be able to use the cruise fare basis to get you a better deal. The travel agent should also consider looking a consolidator airfare offers too!

Better deals are out there that could beat you booking things on your own especially since you're now considering looking at maybe two airlines!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check with Carnival, they are the ones that got me that deal, much cheaper than anything I've come across on the web.

Thanks Zacnlinc, and Mr305 for the suggestions. I will check with Carnival about their fly2fun program. I have never used a travel agent, but it may be worth the consideration. (I've always been an independent traveler, and have always booked my own trips-traveling by air, by Amtrac, or by sea-last few cruises especially, as I no longer have a pvp, as he left Carnival)

No worries Urbanhawk!! Glad to be of assistance indeed.

Like you, I (still) tend to book my own travels for the most part. But since I started cruising, I rely on my TA for the cruise portion until my European Vista Cruise came on the scene after looking at the asking rates the airlines were seeking.

Hi,

I just booked my Vista airfare through Fly2fun program. It was so easy and I think I got great pricing!! I live in Minneapolis and when I was checking on my own, pricing was anywhere from $1400.00 to $1800.00 to Barcelona. My cruise is in August so I expected it to be higher but wow!! The price I got through Carnival was $1250.00 each. One of the best parts is I have until my final cruise payment date of 5-8-16 to pay off the airfare also!!

I also have the ability to cancel or change airfare up to 60 days before flight. Overall it was a great experience, the rep was very helpful and knowledgeable and helpful.

Kellie

I booked airfare a few days ago with Carnival's Fly2Fun flexible air. Had to do a three-way call with my travel agent which took way over an hour. I was checking flights out of Ft. Myers, Ft. Lauderdale and Miami so it took a while for me to find flights I was comfortable with. I didn't want any tight connections and only one connection going over and returning. I had picked out some flights myself online, but many of the ones I picked couldn't be used with Carnival's flexible air. After doing a lot of checking, I was able to book with the flights I wanted out of Ft. Lauderdale to Barcelona with one connection in Atlanta on Delta. Carnival's agent found some good flights on Air Canada from Athens to Ft. Lauderdale with one connection in Montreal. We are flying into Barcelona two days early and have booked the two-night pre-cruise hotel and transfer package. We are on the July 9, 2016 cruise on the Vista and airfare was around $1,700 each when I checked online myself. With Carnival's Fly2Fun flexible air I'm paying $1,333 each for the three of us. I am satisfied with the flights I booked...great departure and arrival times, one connection and flight protection.

Thanks Zacnlinc, and Mr305 for the suggestions. I will check with Carnival about their fly2fun program. I have never used a travel agent, but it may be worth the consideration. (I've always been an independent traveler, and have always booked my own trips-traveling by air, by Amtrac, or by sea-last few cruises especially, as I no longer have a pvp, as he left Carnival)

I really think you're going to be surprised when you get a price from them, have yet to find a better deal and I check daily.

Does anyone know if Carnival only does coach, or can you get a quote for business class?

You can get a quote for business class but it has to be with a certain department that is open M-F. I tried just calling the normal 1-800 Carnival number on the weekend & the helpful rep was able to give me economy quotes but said if I wanted business a different department handled that. I ended up not using their services but it was good to know it is offered.

You can get a quote for business class but it has to be with a certain department that is open M-F. I tried just calling the normal 1-800 Carnival number on the weekend & the helpful rep was able to give me economy quotes but said if I wanted business a different department handled that. I ended up not using their services but it was good to know it is offered.

Ok, great. Thanks for the info.