Flights To Europe

Mr305

How long does the layover have to be and how do you arrange for the sightseeing tour?

Turkish Air is showing some of the best pricing from Miami to Athens on the search engines and that might just push them to the top of the line for me!

This appears to be the site: http://www.istanbulinhours.com/

Looks like you need a 6 hour or more layover.

• 2 weeks later...

We have never traveled to Europe and were wondering what would be considered a good price from NY to Barcelona? Direct nonstop flight. Trying to get a good deal since there is going to be 5 of us.:eek:

Edited by altimaqueen

We have never traveled to Europe and were wondering what would be considered a good price from NY to Barcelona? Direct nonstop flight. Trying to get a good deal since there is going to be 5 of us.:eek:

You won't get a non-stop, but TAP Portugal is probably going to give you your best price. They always stop in Lisbon though. We flew them in 2013 and they did a nice job. It is currently looking like $900-$1100 are going to be the rock bottom prices.

You won't get a non-stop, but TAP Portugal is probably going to give you your best price. They always stop in Lisbon though. We flew them in 2013 and they did a nice job. It is currently looking like $900-$1100 are going to be the rock bottom prices.

Out of Miami, TAP has been hovering between $938 and $968, with a 3 hour layover in Lisbon. Compared to everyone else that is averaging between $1200 and $1500.

Out of Miami, TAP has been hovering between $938 and $968, with a 3 hour layover in Lisbon. Compared to everyone else that is averaging between $1200 and $1500.

For my dates and a multi-city itinerary (cruise starts in Athens and ends in Barcelona) they have been steadily at $1038. I would book, but the times are not ideal. I am hoping that the anticipated drop later this month for domestic flights will spill over onto the international ones so I can pick up flights with more palatable departures and arrivals.

I'm seeing non stop with American Airlines and British Airways around $1000 rt JFK to BCN

Thinking of taking the family to Paris for a couple days before the cruise. We're in Fort Myers, FL. Can't get flight rates for the end of next July yet. However, looks like my best bet is to fly out of Ft. Lauderdale/Miami or just fly to NYC and then on to Paris. Try using "Google flights". Love their map that shows what it costs to fly to surrounding cities.

I booked my flight Tuesday night for me- got a smoking deal, Vancouver to Athens then on the way home Barcelona with a 20 hour layover in Paris to Vancouver -I can enjoy Paris for an afternoon/evening- for $1187.00 Canadian dollars ($899 US Dollars) on AirFrance- booked on their website as was $10 cheaper. The flights for my nephews (one from NC, one from FL) are still too expensive to book.

Using some rough travel dates using your signature, Aeroflot has round trips from around $840.

We just booked our flights for our June 21st cruise. We are flying into Athens a couple of days before the cruise and decided to fly home from Paris.

We usually fly out of Detroit, but airfares were up around $1500. We found great deals flying out of Toronto...only $680 roundtrip on AirFrance! This is about half of what we had budgeted for airfare and for four of us, the savings really adds up. It's worth the 4 hour drive to Toronto.

So, for anyone else that's within a few hour drive of Toronto, definitely check out their fares.

• 2 weeks later...
I'll definitely keep posting here, be good to work together and see what kind of deals we find. I'll be on the July 1st sailing and plan to spend a couple of days ahead of the cruise in Barcelona or Madrid, depending which one has the best offers. I'm even willing to do Paris if that is a better option as far as flights but the savings need to be significant.

Keep me posted I'm leaving from Memphis for the July 1 cruise. I will look at flights from Nashville that's one city I didn't considered. Now I'm thinking about Little Rock, AR in addition to Atlanta which all the flights seem to connect to. I want to fly into London or Paris then make my way over to Barcelona pre-cruise.

We fly from Nashville and paid $1314 RT each to Paris for June 2014 (purchased October 2013). I'll be using this as my price matrix this time.

Remember that if you have to drive somewhere to save money you may be spending any "savings" in gas, long term parking, food and possibly hotel.

I'm in Memphis but BNA is definitely an option for me. Keep me posted if you see any significant price drops. I'm on the July 1 cruise but would like to leave a week early and fly into either London or Paris before making my way over to Barcelona.

I'm in Memphis but BNA is definitely an option for me. Keep me posted if you see any significant price drops. I'm on the July 1 cruise but would like to leave a week early and fly into either London or Paris before making my way over to Barcelona.

Hi neighbor! We purchased our airfare out of Atlanta for a significant savings. We are flying Turkish Airlines into BCN and home from Rome (both flights have a change in Istanbul). Prices were unbelievable; $3200 total for 4.

For those that have cruised out of Europe before and have flown home the same day as debarkation, can you share your outbound flight times?

My family & I are all trying to fly the same airline (traveling from different states) so that we can hook up state side (Charlotte Airport - layover) and be on the same flight to & from Barcelona together.

Because of this, it looks like we will be traveling American Airlines BUT the cheapest (and realistic?) outbound departure time from Barcelona is 1045am. Is that too early or cutting it close? Any input would be appreciated. :)

Hi neighbor! We purchased our airfare out of Atlanta for a significant savings. We are flying Turkish Airlines into BCN and home from Rome (both flights have a change in Istanbul). Prices were unbelievable; $3200 total for 4.

For those flying from TN, the Turkish Airlines out of ATL is a huge savings.

All other airlines that I priced 2 years ago and this year for 2016 oddly enough are not cheaper out of ATL. It seemed odd to me that adding the BNA to ATL should be less than directly from ATL overseas (BCN or ATH), but that has been what I've noticed.

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone ever flown Aer Lingus? I have found a multi city fare (we are flying to London, home from Athens) for less than what I wanted to spend for airfare. It has a 20 hour layover in Dublin (overnight) on the return, which is another plus as it gives us another European city to explore.

I've flown Aer Lingus to Shannon and Dublin before from Boston. Good flights. Modern equipment with tv/movies/satellite radio in back of seats, friendly staff. Would definitely fly them again. Plus you get 20 hours in Dublin? Make a quick run over to St. James Gate and grab a Guinness!

For those that have cruised out of Europe before and have flown home the same day as debarkation, can you share your outbound flight times?

My family & I are all trying to fly the same airline (traveling from different states) so that we can hook up state side (Charlotte Airport - layover) and be on the same flight to & from Barcelona together.

Because of this, it looks like we will be traveling American Airlines BUT the cheapest (and realistic?) outbound departure time from Barcelona is 1045am. Is that too early or cutting it close? Any input would be appreciated. :)

on my last Med cruise in 2013, I left the same day from Barcelona- I had a flight around 2pm. I was in no hurry to leave but the ship was very anxious for me to leave. They want you off as early as possible. My suggestion would be to take your luggage off with you in the morning and you can leave pretty early from the ship. I would suggest you leave as soon as you dock and head straight for the airport. The que for the cab will be the longest line up. I think you can inform the ship of your early flight.

Keep me posted I'm leaving from Memphis for the July 1 cruise. I will look at flights from Nashville that's one city I didn't considered. Now I'm thinking about Little Rock, AR in addition to Atlanta which all the flights seem to connect to. I want to fly into London or Paris then make my way over to Barcelona pre-cruise.

Come over and join the roll call for our cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157126&page=4

on my last Med cruise in 2013, I left the same day from Barcelona- I had a flight around 2pm. I was in no hurry to leave but the ship was very anxious for me to leave. They want you off as early as possible. My suggestion would be to take your luggage off with you in the morning and you can leave pretty early from the ship. I would suggest you leave as soon as you dock and head straight for the airport. The que for the cab will be the longest line up. I think you can inform the ship of your early flight.

Do you recall how long it took to get to the airport and any other logisitic's regarding the Barcelona airport?

Do you recall how long it took to get to the airport and any other logisitic's regarding the Barcelona airport?

In 2013 we didn't fly out the same day but I did go through the whole boarding process at BCN twice (1st day flight was canceled).

BCN was operated very well when we were there. From the time we left downtown Barcelona to waiting at the gate couldn't have been more than 1.5 hours.

The longest wait I remember was getting a cab once we got off the ship. That took some time, but, we also were not in a hurry to leave. We hung around the ship quite a while and I'm sure at least 75% of the ship left before us. That itself made the taxi que very long.

If you give yourself 2.5 hours from *leaving* in the taxi at the port to to your departure time, you should fine. That includes a little wiggle room for potential issues.

In 2013 we didn't fly out the same day but I did go through the whole boarding process at BCN twice (1st day flight was canceled).

BCN was operated very well when we were there. From the time we left downtown Barcelona to waiting at the gate couldn't have been more than 1.5 hours.

The longest wait I remember was getting a cab once we got off the ship. That took some time, but, we also were not in a hurry to leave. We hung around the ship quite a while and I'm sure at least 75% of the ship left before us. That itself made the taxi que very long.

If you give yourself 2.5 hours from *leaving* in the taxi at the port to to your departure time, you should fine. That includes a little wiggle room for potential issues.

Thank you very much!

Last time we disembarked in Barcelona we cheated the taxi queue at the port by catching the blue bus (about €3 I think) from outside the port terminal up to Columbus monument and getting a taxi from there instead. Worth a try if it looks like you'll be waiting forever.

Barcelona Airport is great - very easy to find your way around, both on arrival and departure. If you're heading into the city centre rather than straight to the port, I'd recommend the Aerobus. They come very frequently, it only costs €5.90 and there are various stops at popular locations (full details on http://www.aerobusbcn.com/en/lines). You can also get the RENFE train from the airport to Sants station and it's about €4.10, but the trains are much less frequent and I find that navigating the train stations at both ends is a lot more hassle than just jumping on the bus outside the arrivals terminal/in the city centre. Just my 2 cents though!

I've done an 11am flight home, but was a European flight so check in is only 2 hours, not sure if you still have 3 hours on International.

Maybe as a tester try booking the transfer with Carnival and see if they accept

If getting a taxi I would pre book one, we have used Suntransfers.com last year 8 people €52

Edited by gailjen