Flights To Europe

Mr305

We are on the Sept 23 because my daughter could not take the extra time for the 10 day. I am going to try the fly2fun deal and see what they come up with. Daughter and 7 year old grson will depart from Atlanta and I will depart from either Cozumel or Cancun. I live on Cozumel but flights are generaly cheaper from Cancun. I hope they can find something better for us.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for recommending Fly2Fun by Carnival. My flights were more than $500 less then anywhere else for the same flights. A direct from Atlanta to Barcelona and a Paris layover on the way back. $843 round trip. I do have to get my own Canun to Atlanta.

Thanks so much for recommending Fly2Fun by Carnival. My flights were more than $500 less then anywhere else for the same flights. A direct from Atlanta to Barcelona and a Paris layover on the way back. $843 round trip. I do have to get my own Canun to Atlanta.

So glad it worked out well for ya! ;)

Hello! My husband and I are going on the 10 day cruise on the Vista leaving May 14th from Barcelona. I think we may fly from home (Oklahoma) to Dublin, then use RyanAir to Barcelona, and use it again back from Athens to Dublin. Has anyone else done something like that before? It does create an extra stop for us but it will save us ~$1,500.

Hello! My husband and I are going on the 10 day cruise on the Vista leaving May 14th from Barcelona. I think we may fly from home (Oklahoma) to Dublin, then use RyanAir to Barcelona, and use it again back from Athens to Dublin. Has anyone else done something like that before? It does create an extra stop for us but it will save us ~$1,500.

I personally wouldn't recommend using RyanAir for any complex itineraries as it isn't a full service airline. It's a cheap and efficient way of getting from A-to-B with little or no luggage, but you wouldn't want to be connecting directly from or to another flight; or having a lot of luggage (as you would be likely to have for a cruise) as their baggage allowance is low, and their costs for going over are high. Have you looked in to flying from DFW rather than OKC to save?

I got a heads up from co-workers that leaving out of Toronto was cheaper.

I was able to book Business Class on Alitalia for 4 people at $7k.

Leaving from anywhere near DTW would've been $33k in business class.

Just a heads up for those in driving distance of Toronto

But I will be looking into Fly2Fun!

Edited by V4VALOR

I personally wouldn't recommend using RyanAir for any complex itineraries as it isn't a full service airline. It's a cheap and efficient way of getting from A-to-B with little or no luggage, but you wouldn't want to be connecting directly from or to another flight; or having a lot of luggage (as you would be likely to have for a cruise) as their baggage allowance is low, and their costs for going over are high. Have you looked in to flying from DFW rather than OKC to save?

Well, it is cheaper to fly out from DFW but we're also wanting to spend some time in Dublin after the cruise. Also, it is significantly more expensive to fly one way to Barcelona and then one way back from Athens. What if we just take carry ons? Like one mini suitcase and a backpack each. Do you know if they allow that like others do?

Well, it is cheaper to fly out from DFW but we're also wanting to spend some time in Dublin after the cruise. Also, it is significantly more expensive to fly one way to Barcelona and then one way back from Athens. What if we just take carry ons? Like one mini suitcase and a backpack each. Do you know if they allow that like others do?

Aer Lingus flights via DUB do seem to be the best deals to Europe. Aer Lingus from DUB to BCN seems to be the same price as Ryanair. From ATH to DUB it appears that Ryanair offers the only direct service, so you might have to fly them anyway.

That being the case, here's some on-line guidance for flying with Ryanair:

http://thetravelhack.com/travel-tips/ryanair-survival-guide-fly-ryanair-avoid-hassle/

http://thepointsguy.com/2014/03/top-10-ways-to-survive-a-ryanair-flight/

Here's Ryanair's baggage allowances:-

What cabin baggage can I carry?

You can carry one cabin bag weighing up to 10 kg with maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm, plus 1 small bag up to 35 x 20 x 20 onboard the aircraft.

Due to cabin space limitations only 90 large cabin bags (55 x 40 x 20 cms) can be carried in the cabin, any bags remaining will be carried free of charge in the aircraft hold.

Passengers who have purchased Priority Boarding will not be asked to place their cabin bag in the aircraft hold, unless necessary due to operational reasons.

There is no cabin bag allowance for an infant (aged 8 days to 23 months) travelling on an adult’s lap; however a baby bag up to 5kg may be carried by the accompanying adult in addition to their own cabin bag allowance.

Oversized cabin baggage will be refused at the boarding gate, or where available, placed in the hold of the aircraft for a fee of £50/€50 (fee subject to VAT on domestic flights at applicable government rates). If you are unsure whether your bag is the correct size, check it at the Bag Drop desk before going through security.

What is my checked baggage allowance?

You can check-in up to two bags once you have purchased a checked baggage allowance of either 15 kilos or 20 kilos when you make your initial booking.

If you want to add checked bags after you’ve made your booking you can do so via Manage Booking up to 2 hours before your scheduled fight departure time.

Checked bags are charged per person, per one way flight.

Business Plus customers receive one 20 kilo checked bag included free of charge.

Fees may vary from time to time but it is the rates in force at the time you book and/or pay for your checked baggage allowance which apply.

(Source: https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/help-centre/faq-overview/Baggage#undefined-undefined )

When I fly Ryanair, I normally book seat selection and prebook 20kg hold baggage too. These options add to the expense but make it a better flight. Most passengers take hand-baggage only.

Aer Lingus flights via DUB do seem to be the best deals to Europe. Aer Lingus from DUB to BCN seems to be the same price as Ryanair. From ATH to DUB it appears that Ryanair offers the only direct service, so you might have to fly them anyway.

That being the case, here's some on-line guidance for flying with Ryanair:

http://thetravelhack.com/travel-tips/ryanair-survival-guide-fly-ryanair-avoid-hassle/

http://thepointsguy.com/2014/03/top-10-ways-to-survive-a-ryanair-flight/

Here's Ryanair's baggage allowances:-

When I fly Ryanair, I normally book seat selection and prebook 20kg hold baggage too. These options add to the expense but make it a better flight. Most passengers take hand-baggage only.

Phew. That does seem tricky. Maybe the extra money would be worth saving the headache. Thank you for getting that info for me!

I'm actually doing that. Flying into Dublin., 12 hour layover ( sucks) Ryanair to bcn, paid for luggage and seat and saved a ton of $$$$. I have travel insurance so if something goes wrong with Ryanair I'm covered.

A 12 hour layover in Dublin sounds nice as long as it's not like 10 or 11 at night to 10 or 11 in the morning. That is difficult to work with, but during the day you have plenty of time to go explore the city. If timed right I love layovers this long, much better than a 4 or 5 hour where you're pretty much stuck and getting a hotel doesn't make sense.

I would like to expand on the Toronto ,Canada prices to fly to Europe. I live 3.02 hours from the airport, save at least 1/2 the price per passenger traveling out of YYZ (Toronto) then I do my 3 major US airports (PIT/BUF/CLE). Not only the money, but you can get direct flights to just about anywhere in Europe from YYZ, so it saves time and lots of money. Right now our dollar is 35% stronger, so I save big time on parking as well. If you live within 4 hours of this airport(by car that is) please consider it, you will not be dissatisfied. At least in my area, folks forget about this option. We have been flying to Europe for the past 3 years and save big bucks!

I have been also checking airfare for the last 3 months Boston to Barcelona - the prices were anywhere from 850-1250 pp - just booked same flight on carnival fun to fly program and paid $795 each.

Before you book make sure you check with carnival. You do not have to pay until 90 days before sailing and if the price changes you are entitled to the lower price just like the cabins.

I have been also checking airfare for the last 3 months Boston to Barcelona - the prices were anywhere from 850-1250 pp - just booked same flight on carnival fun to fly program and paid $795 each.

Before you book make sure you check with carnival. You do not have to pay until 90 days before sailing and if the price changes you are entitled to the lower price just like the cabins.

Does the price change policy pertain to both the restricted and flexible fares that carnival offers? Sounds like a flexible fare option to me (having not tried the fly2fun program yet, but interested)

I just booked the Vista May 24 2016 . I need to book flights Roundtrip

Miami Barcelona Miami .because we are going to Barcelona first and stay 5 days and then fly from Barcelona to Athens one way on the 23

were should I find cheap tickets.

Thanks. Isa

I just booked the Vista May 24 2016 . I need to book flights Roundtrip

Miami Barcelona Miami .because we are going to Barcelona first and stay 5 days and then fly from Barcelona to Athens one way on the 23

were should I find cheap tickets.

Thanks. Isa

Wow!!! Good job with booking your cruise!! We're on the May 1 cruise...

Personally, I would start with Carnival's Fyl2Fun program to have that as a baseline for comparisons. A couple months ago, some people in my group got great prices through this program (under 1K) for MCI-PHL-VCE-BCN-PHL-MCI. Airlines were selling flights in the $1200-$1350 price range. But recent posts on this thread are indicating that the deals may have all been had at this point.

Be creative with your points of entry to EU too. Consider trains when getting to final destinations perhaps. Or go with budget airlines once you are in EU.

Good Luck!!

Wow!!! Good job with booking your cruise!! We're on the May 1 cruise...

Personally, I would start with Carnival's Fyl2Fun program to have that as a baseline for comparisons. A couple months ago, some people in my group got great prices through this program (under 1K) for MCI-PHL-VCE-BCN-PHL-MCI. Airlines were selling flights in the $1200-$1350 price range. But recent posts on this thread are indicating that the deals may have all been had at this point.

Be creative with your points of entry to EU too. Consider trains when getting to final destinations perhaps. Or go with budget airlines once you are in EU.

Good Luck!!

We booked months ago and got great fares. $500 each less than what we could find anywhere. Now I have friends that want to join us and Carnival is telling me there are no more of the fares at the good prices. I thought my PVP was just crazy until I read this. :rolleyes::eek::cool::mad:

• 4 weeks later...
Just got one way to Barcelona for Oct nonstop for $564 person. Yay

I found that we could get to Athens one way for pretty cheap (30k Delta miles + $30), the one way returns were in the $2500 range on most airlines.

However, I booked my wife on a Turkish airlines flight for $560 one way return back to the states --so we'll see how that goes :eek: