Diamond plus - Concierge Lounge

Yes but I believe on the Harmony the D and D+ lounge will be down on Deck 4 no windows. On Oasis and Allure it is still on Deck 11/12 overlooking the Boardwalk
You still have a lounge on Allure, and a very nice one at that...
Every since I saw the DL location on Harmony deck plans I've thought that the Oasis & Allure old CL / now DL will soon be a thing of the past (maybe before Harmony launches).

It would be easy to make O & A similar to the Harmony plan:

1) shut down Blaze and make it into the Comedy Club (should be able to do in two weeks while still sailing).

2) Once Comedy Club has moved to the former Blaze, turn it into a DL similar to Harmony (should be able to do in two additional weeks while still sailing)

3) Once the new DL (without windows and small square footage) is up and running (and Ds and D+s have starting using the 3 coupons because they can't get into small DL, then the old CL can be turned into Wonderland at leisure.

I don't like this plan:mad:, I'm not advocating for this plan, but I'll be surprised if this doesn't happen.:(

Thom

Thanks to those who responded to my question about the previously D+ lounge on the Allure. If this has now become the diamond lounge, I wonder why a Crown and Anchor Diamond member would have any incentive to become D+. It's hard to see the added benefits of having between 175 and 699 points as opposed to having only 80 - 174. Am I missing something here?

Truly believe it's only a matter of time before D benefits are slashed further. D+ will not be as adversely affected. Recent CL/DL concierges have "hinted" this as well.

Our experience has been that the time Meal with an Officer is held depends on the ship. On Liberty last month we had a wonderful breakfast. We've also had lunch on some ships and dinner on others.
FR has a lovely breakfast for folks 340 cruise credits and above. It has a special menu and only about 30 people attend. Very enjoyable. P's are usually seated with the Captain but we have been seated with the HD, Staff Captain and others.

Truly believe it's only a matter of time before D benefits are slashed further. D+ will not be as adversely affected. Recent CL/DL concierges have "hinted" this as well.

I disagree. We have been taking about this for two years and two positive things have happened. RCI continues to build functionally equivalent D lounges and now have 3 drinks in any bar.

RCI will not slash benefits, they will substitute equivalent $$'s somewhere else.

I disagree. We have been taking about this for two years and two positive things have happened. RCI continues to build functionally equivalent D lounges and now have 3 drinks in any bar.

RCI will not slash benefits, they will substitute equivalent $$'s somewhere else.

With all the signs that rci is gearing more towards the new cruisers I think they will be more focused on the D level. I think it will be more of a selling point for them because it's much more of an realistic attainable goal for young folks rather than D+ and the PC.

FR has a lovely breakfast for folks 340 cruise credits and above. It has a special menu and only about 30 people attend. Very enjoyable. P's are usually seated with the Captain but we have been seated with the HD, Staff Captain and others.

We too have enjoyed this breakfast. Have had great conversations with senior officers!

I agree that this is a terrible set back for the D+ members. We have spent a lot of money with RCCL to get into the CC Lounge and now we have been kicked out. Really? We have a B to B coming up on Allure and if we were not booked with other people, I would cancel and spend my money with another cruise lines. They give it and also take it away.

Crusin Nut

I agree that this is a terrible set back for the D+ members. We have spent a lot of money with RCCL to get into the CC Lounge and now we have been kicked out. Really? We have a B to B coming up on Allure and if we were not booked with other people, I would cancel and spend my money with another cruise lines. They give it and also take it away.

Crusin Nut

Kicked out of what?

Oasis and Allure now have the exact same set up as most of the fleet. The only difference is there is no breakfast or lunch, which was from a very limited menu anyway. The new Diamond lounge on Oasis and Allure has the exact same happy hour set up as the old Concierge Lounge, plus it is larger and less crowded because it is two levels rather than one as the Chef's Table has moved to the new Suite Loung on 17. Also, suite guests are not allowed in the Diamond Lounge unless they are D or D+. Same beautiful view of Boardwalk with the exact same happy hour, and for Diamond members, it's a big improvement over the old Diamond Lounge location.

Kicked out of what?

Oasis and Allure now have the exact same set up as most of the fleet. The only difference is there is no breakfast or lunch, which was from a very limited menu anyway. The new Diamond lounge on Oasis and Allure has the exact same happy hour set up as the old Concierge Lounge, plus it is larger and less crowded because it is two levels rather than one as the Chef's Table has moved to the new Suite Loung on 17. Also, suite guests are not allowed in the Diamond Lounge unless they are D or D+. Same beautiful view of Boardwalk with the exact same happy hour, and for Diamond members, it's a big improvement over the old Diamond Lounge location.

Allure and oasis have a suite lounge and coastal kitchen just for suite guests and Pinnacles. d+ not allowed. Breakfast lunch and dinner plus free soft drinks wine and beer From 11-11 and the happy hour liquor from 5-8:30.

Kicked out of what?

Not exactly true

Most of the fleet have a Diamond lounge AND a Concierge lounge and D+ can go to the CL as well. Oasis and Allure only have the one lounge

Also Chef's Table on Allure is still on Deck 12 of the lounge. We saw a group being brought in and taken up there when we were on Allure last month.

We find a heap of value in the balcony discounts and Diamond Lounge. As well as some of the other bits and pieces. We will be D+ early next year and have heard the rumours of possible changes. Until then we shall enjoy our benefits, and have enjoyed the overall experience with Royal. :) It is a holiday, relax and enjoy.

Allure and oasis have a suite lounge and coastal kitchen just for suite guests and Pinnacles. d+ not allowed. Breakfast lunch and dinner plus free soft drinks wine and beer From 11-11 and the happy hour liquor from 5-8:30.

With the newly added CK and Suite Lounge, Diamond & Diamond Plus Members now can enjoy the old CL that is 2 floors. They still have access to and use of the lounge and Specialty Coffee Machine 24/7 and their cocktail hour is also from 5-8:30.

We find a heap of value in the balcony discounts and Diamond Lounge. As well as some of the other bits and pieces. We will be D+ early next year and have heard the rumours of possible changes. Until then we shall enjoy our benefits, and have enjoyed the overall experience with Royal. :) It is a holiday, relax and enjoy.

Don't worry, there always rumours about changes. Not just on Royal either.

Not exactly true

Most of the fleet have a Diamond lounge AND a Concierge lounge and D+ can go to the CL as well. Oasis and Allure only have the one lounge

Also Chef's Table on Allure is still on Deck 12 of the lounge. We saw a group being brought in and taken up there when we were on Allure last month.

However this was before she had her dry dock right?

We got pushed out of the lounge when we were Diamond and now as Diamond+ looks like we are heading the same way. One cruise left with the company and definitely not aspiring to a higher level. There are to many other companies to chose from who offer booking benefits. The old carrot on a stick is getting very tiring both with royal and celebrity cruises. A deceiving act in my opinion.
"A deceiving act in my opinion", please grow up......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I disagree. A lot of cruisers can't wait to reach a certain level for the perks. Then the cruise lines change the game. I know, I know. They state they can change at any time but it is very disappointing for some people. Personally I drink soda in the lounge and enjoy the more intimate atmosphere in the smaller lounge. To each their own opinions. Johanne.

Crusin Nut

Given the choice of going to either the Diamond or Concierge lounge, for many of the ships, we would RATHER go to the Diamond Lounge- as they are to be found up next to the VCL with great views of the outside vs. an indoor lounge with no view. Heck, the ships you are so angry about- the Diamond lounge was moved from Deck 6 with just a view of the Promenade to deck 10 with an view of the Boardwalk. Not a bad move at all.

Still, it's really, really funny that people are really happy about giving up a sizable room discount just because of the move of a lounge. Give up a few hundred dollars because of the loss of a lounge and snacks (since you can get the drinks). If you want to spend more money on another line, go for it. I'll take the $250 discount we get. And the bottle of cheap wine, and the BOGO dinner that we would go to anyway. That's not chump change.

With the newly added CK and Suite Lounge, Diamond & Diamond Plus Members now can enjoy the old CL that is 2 floors. They still have access to and use of the lounge and Specialty Coffee Machine 24/7 and their cocktail hour is also from 5-8:30.

I didn't say they couldn't the D lounge on these ships are still very nice we are talking about how they re named the CL to a suite only lounge and added Ck for them and then not allowing D + in. Yes The cocktail hours are the same but in the suite lounge you can get beer wine and soft drinks all day.

I didn't say they couldn't the D lounge on these ships are still very nice we are talking about how they re named the CL to a suite only lounge and added Ck for them and then not allowing D + in. Yes The cocktail hours are the same but in the suite lounge you can get beer wine and soft drinks all day.

Technically, the rename of the concierge lounge is now Diamond Lounge. The VCL was changed to Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen.

Not exactly the same thing as what you suggest. It's not as if all of the D and D+ members have to go the small D lounge on Deck 6. They go to the very large lounge on Deck 10.

Technically, the rename of the concierge lounge is now Diamond Lounge. The VCL was changed to Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen.

Not exactly the same thing as what you suggest. It's not as if all of the D and D+ members have to go the small D lounge on Deck 6. They go to the very large lounge on Deck 10.

Yes I know it was moved I was talking about re naming it and not allowing D+ In and I believe it is on 11 and 12 not 10.

The cl was renamed to the diamond club, same venue and d+ are very welcome. The sl is brand new and anyone in a full suite can use it including d+, many of which book full suites. If you want to use the sl then open the purse strings and have at it:p

You still have a lounge on Allure, and a very nice one at that. In fact, Diamond and Diamond Plus will have a lounge on every ship except Jewel who will get enhanced next April. Majesty does her own thing I'm told.:D

You get 3 drinks added to your SeaPass Card to be used during designated hours in the evening.

Your balcony discount increases as you get to Diamond Plus.

You get a special amenity when you reach D+ which could add up to 3 per cruise as your points increase: 1 amenity for 175 points, 2 amenities for 350 points and 3 amenities for 525 points. C&A just has to get the lists up and working.:D

At 340 points you are eligible for Meal with An Officer while on board.

You get the BOGO for Specialty Restaurants to be use on the first or second night of your cruise.

Just take a look at the C&A page on the RCI website for a more complete listing of benefits.

Plus single supplement is discounted at 340 points. This came in very handy with our family cruise. My oldest sails as a single when with us, and I booked myself in the single cabin to begin with. Saved several hundred dollars on his price.

The cl was renamed to the diamond club, same venue and d+ are very welcome. The sl is brand new and anyone in a full suite can use it including d+, many of which book full suites. If you want to use the sl then open the purse strings and have at it:p

Yes we are looking forward to the new SL and CK we can't wait to check it out. Great views from up there.

Given the choice of going to either the Diamond or Concierge lounge, for many of the ships, we would RATHER go to the Diamond Lounge- as they are to be found up next to the VCL with great views of the outside vs. an indoor lounge with no view. Heck, the ships you are so angry about- the Diamond lounge was moved from Deck 6 with just a view of the Promenade to deck 10 with an view of the Boardwalk. Not a bad move at all.

Except for Radiance class. There is a bar, outdoor seating area, and lots of windows.