Flight Departure time out of FLL

gxchan

I'm booking my airfare for a partial Panama cruise on Zuiderdam returning December 11. First time on HAL and first time sailing out of FLL. I'm arriving a few before the cruise but want to know what time I can expect to fly out of FLL.

Thanks,

Recommend a bit later than 11 especially if a week-end as customs, immigration and TSA can get a bit overwhelmed which can cause some delays when there are a lot of ships in at once, especially the mega-ships. Hate the 'hurry and worry' at the end of a wonderful cruise so would schedule an early afternoon flight.

Recommend a bit later than 11 especially if a week-end as customs, immigration and TSA can get a bit overwhelmed which can cause some delays when there are a lot of ships in at once, especially the mega-ships. Hate the 'hurry and worry' at the end of a wonderful cruise so would schedule an early afternoon flight.

Our perfect departure time is after 12 noon. It gives you enough time to deal with all of the potential "what ifs "

Enjoy your cruise.

Don't book a flight before Noon.

Even though your documents say that you will arrive at 7 AM, the ship still has to be cleared by the local authorities before anyone can get off.

Ft Lauderdale has gotten to reducing the number of custom/immigration officials that they have on duty on certain days -- mainly because some days there are more ships than other days.

They're allegedly increasing the number of customs agents at the port this year, but I'd still take a wait & see attitude. Most of the time, you can make an 11 AM flight with time to spare. However, it only takes one hiccup to mess up your whole day and undo your vacation relaxation.