Good lines for young adults

edin_cruiser

We are late twenty something Carnival fans giving Celebrity a try in 2 weeks...

But the three you mentioned would be our top choices.

We booked Celebrity based on price and the route but also considered P&O's larger family ships like Ventura,Azura and Britannia. We also looked at Princess and MSC.

Any lines that are similar to Royal/Norwegian/Carnival?

Been looking at those ones but I don't want to limit our options

Cunard - they will absorb the experience, and probably grow to love the brand.

Young adults are the future of Cunard.

I vote for princess as well. There were plenty of young adults on our cruise. Actually, there was a nice age range. I have often considered sailing on Celebrity too. I don't think you can go wrong there!

Cunard - they will absorb the experience, and probably grow to love the brand.

Young adults are the future of Cunard.

Young people are the future of Cunard, all cruise lines and the whole world. :)

The elderly are the past and present, the young are the future.

OP for young adults, I think you named the three best choices. Princess would be perhaps a 4th choice. :)

If by young adults you mean some who are under 25 years, be sure to read the age requirements to book cabins on each of the cruise lines you are considering.

Edited by sail7seas

Young people are the future of Cunard, all cruise lines and the whole world. :)

The elderly are the past and present, the young are the future.

OP for young adults, I think you named the three best choices. Princess would be perhaps a 4th choice. :)

If by young adults you mean some who are under 25 years, be sure to read the age requirements to book cabins on each of the cruise lines you are considering.

Some under 25 but all over 21 (I'm the youngest and 20 now, 21 by sailing time)

It's really based on what you want to do. Usually, folks in your age demographic are looking for more physical activities. You won't find a slide or rock wall on a Holland America ship for instance. Actually, while they have a number of activities, you won't find a slide on RCCL either.

What type of activities is your group interested on? How active do you want to be?

I am in my thirties and I have sailed on Celebrity and on Royal Caribbean through my twenties and thirties. I found Celebrity is a bit "old". It's a different demographic, passengers who have different expectations and different attitudes. I do go on Celebrity if the itinerary and price is right, however my first choice is always Royal Caribbean. I like that Royal Caribbean is more casual (for example: not as much judging of others' clothes... more contemporary food choices in the main dining room... less expectation of being waited on hand and foot) and there are more active things to do. For example Royal Caribbean might have a rock climbing wall, mini golf, etc. On Celebrity on sea days... there are some talks I enjoy but I feel like it's missing some active things to do.

I'd consider Princess too, it just hasn't worked out in terms of itinerary and price. Carnival might be a good option too, for me personally I don't think it's as much of a good fit but lots of people love it. Maybe if you tell us what you imagine your cruise to look like (pampered? active? party?) it could help with suggestions.

I think the itinerary can affect who's in the crowd, too. For example Caribbean vs Europe.

It's really based on what you want to do. Usually, folks in your age demographic are looking for more physical activities. You won't find a slide or rock wall on a Holland America ship for instance. Actually, while they have a number of activities, you won't find a slide on RCCL either.

What type of activities is your group interested on? How active do you want to be?

Okay, background chat. We met on the NCL Jade recently, there are about 12 of us off the top of my head, mostly in 20s/early 30s (I'm the youngest at 21) - we became such a close little family that we want to meet up again. I'm personally not that fussy about the ship itself so long as I get the chance to hang with these people again.

I'd prefer it not to be too "old" a ship. I think the more activities on offer, the better, but after all, NCL Jade is hardly a megaship and we all loved that.

I am in my thirties and I have sailed on Celebrity and on Royal Caribbean through my twenties and thirties. I found Celebrity is a bit "old". It's a different demographic, passengers who have different expectations and different attitudes. I do go on Celebrity if the itinerary and price is right, however my first choice is always Royal Caribbean. I like that Royal Caribbean is more casual (for example: not as much judging of others' clothes... more contemporary food choices in the main dining room... less expectation of being waited on hand and foot) and there are more active things to do. For example Royal Caribbean might have a rock climbing wall, mini golf, etc. On Celebrity on sea days... there are some talks I enjoy but I feel like it's missing some active things to do.

I'd consider Princess too, it just hasn't worked out in terms of itinerary and price. Carnival might be a good option too, for me personally I don't think it's as much of a good fit but lots of people love it. Maybe if you tell us what you imagine your cruise to look like (pampered? active? party?) it could help with suggestions.

I think the itinerary can affect who's in the crowd, too. For example Caribbean vs Europe.

It's going to be Caribbean (I think Southern Caribbean is the favourite at the moment). We sailed in Europe this summer, and with there being so many Americans in our party, it seems fair that myself and the other few Europeans should foot the air travel bill on this occasion.

I'm seriously considering MSC as well even though I'm not young. Looks like they will be giving the big players a run for their money.

Is English the primary language used on an MSc ship when she sails in the Caribbean?

Some under 25 but all over 21 (I'm the youngest and 20 now, 21 by sailing time)

As I mentioned above, make a very careful reading of age requirements for booking cabins on each specific cruise line you are considering. Seeing you have said some will be under 25, those rules apply to your group.

As I mentioned above, make a very careful reading of age requirements for booking cabins on each specific cruise line you are considering. Seeing you have said some will be under 25, those rules apply to your group.

Hmm, I thought all are happy for anyone over 21 to travel unaccompanied? I started a thread about this the other day

No, that is not always the case on all cruise ships.

http://www.carnival.com

http://www.ncl.com

http://www.princess.com

http://www.royalcaribbean.com

You would do well to read their rules for yourself so you fully understand. :)

Carnival - Guests are required to be 21 years of age (on embarkation day) to travel on their own. Guest ages will be verified at embarkation. Guests not conforming to this policy will result in denied boarding and no compensation will be provided at embarkation. The Group policy is slightly different because of stricter group terms and conditions including mandatory chaperones, damage deposits and other considerations.

NCL - Company policy dictates that a passenger under 21 years of age must be accompanied in the same or connecting stateroom by a passenger 21 years of age or older at the time of embarkation

Royal - Royal Caribbean International's minimum age to sail unaccompanied on sailings originating in North America is twenty-one (21). The minimum age to sail unaccompanied on sailings from South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand is eighteen (18).

Princess - Passengers under the age of 21 years must travel in a stateroom with a passenger 21 years or older who shall assume responsibility for their care during the cruise. For family groups booking multiple staterooms, the minimum age for each stateroom is 16 years of age, provided they are traveling with a parent or legal guardian.

Could you point me anything that says 21+ year olds would run into trouble

My suggestion was for you to verify and be sure you understand the terms for all the cruise lines you are considering. It's good you did so and that is one thing you no longer need to worry about.

I do not know the rules for all the cruise lines but know there are rules thus the suggestion you learn the rules. :)

Edited by sail7seas