Explorer -some photos of new Deck 12 cabins

I wonder why the captain isn't a fan of stabilisers, you would think the comfort of his passengers would be his main concern. This isn't looking good for our 1st ever cruise on 3 November. One of the things we were concerned about was seasickness. If I'd know we would have perhaps chosen the only other cruise line that does Singapore to Perth.

dont panic. As Bob says they use more fuel. But no captain would ever put the comfort of his pax at risk. You will be fine and have a fab cruise.

Great Pics.

We will do Explorer Barcelona-Dubai in Oktober wird our Son. So do you have any pics of the Kids/Youth Outdoor Area Deck 12 Aft?

Before DryDrock there was a toddler Pool with a small Waterslide. Do you know in there is still any toddler Pool around there?

Thanks Alot

Blue

Unfortunately, that pool and slide were removed when they reconfigured the aft portion of the ship to allow installation of the Flow-Rider.

Ray in NH

Have they done anything with the deck 13 sundeck. It was a total ghost town on Freedom. They didn't even add add back the loungers that used to be around jogging track. Deck attendant said they were waiting on new ones.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Have they done anything with the deck 13 sundeck. It was a total ghost town on Freedom. They didn't even add add back the loungers that used to be around jogging track. Deck attendant said they were waiting on new ones.

When we were up there last month, there were loungers up there. Some looked newer than others.

Ray in NH

I don't know that it's true that a Captain would not use stabilizers. However, I do know that deploying stabilizers does increase drag and causes increased fuel consumption if they want to maintain the same speed as they would without the stabilizers deployed.

On our last cruise, Liberty of the Seas, we had some rough seas for a couple of days and I noticed it seemed worse at night. I was actually woken up by the rocking motion a few times, which was more of a jolt than the usual gentle rocking. Made me wonder if they turned off the stabilizers during the night to conserve fuel while people were sleeping.

Great pictures of the new cabins. Thanks for sharing.

When we were up there last month, there were loungers up there. Some looked newer than others.

Ray in NH

Here is Freedom, looks like the quantity prior to the dry dock. 2nd pick looks to be the loungers from Deck 12 forward.

14e2ffcff7fb60ec51633c7e87e07ad5.jpg

e9f667fb027864cf5dbad8e5a1d8bc20.jpg

Such a HUGE wasted space, you'd think they'd put another bar or something up there!

Yea, it's kind of creepy. Some folks

complain about the height of the glass panels, but I didn't see a problem. No worse than vcl.

000d3b0e98ea55d3e4bb9f5e01fb1bd7.jpg

c94fea88fc034da44145051db52e7e53.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for posting the pics. I already have one of these cabins booked for later this year & I have not managed to find much info. The room looks very nice. Parts of it remind me of the room we had on the Quantum, especially the tv & couch.

• 1 month later...

I'm considering a port side E3 cabin on the new Deck 12 for the October 2016 transpacific cruise to Australia. Has anyone had any experience with these cabins during high seas? Because the deck is so high up on such a large ship I was wondering about movement up there. If you were on it during high seas, does the captain use stabilizers much? Also, any experiences with vibration?

• 8 months later...
Hi we where on the same cruise as you. Great idea posting these loads are interested. I only managed to get photos of the panoramic ocean view. We went walk about on deck 12 and one of the stateroom attendants let us take a quick photo. I think his name was naheen. He told us to stay in his cabins next time.

Well done on your cabin allocation they were really lovely up there.

I've never experienced a ship move that much. Did you have vibrations or creaking up there like we had on deck 7?

We had a fab cruise except for a few niggles. I'm half way through my review at the moment.

Hi there

This is my first time posting so hope it ends up in the right spot!

I would be really interested to see a photo of the panoramic ocean view if you had one. Does anyone have any recommendations on whether room 1860 or 1874 would be better - 1860 is on the corner whereas 1874 on the side.

Many thanks

I'm considering a port side E3 cabin on the new Deck 12 for the October 2016 transpacific cruise to Australia. Has anyone had any experience with these cabins during high seas? Because the deck is so high up on such a large ship I was wondering about movement up there. If you were on it during high seas, does the captain use stabilizers much? Also, any experiences with vibration?

We were in cabin 1880 on Deck 12 on the transpacific cruise from Australia in April. The cabins are wonderful! More storage than "regular" balcony rooms. We loved the room so much that we will be in the same room on the Pacific Coastal cruise before your transpacific cruise. Our room did not "rock" any more than other rooms. We had very high seas and I presume the stabilizers were out most of the time - but I don't really know. No vibration whatsoever.

• 1 year later...
I'm so disappointed to come to this page and find the links to the photos no longer exists. I guess I should keep looking. Was good reading the descriptions though. Thanks for what must have been a great post.

You could try a Google image search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk