Live Blogging Anthem of the Seas July 18 sailing!

You did not mention trying the bumper cars, flow rider or iFly. I am looking forward to trying them. I am still a kid at heart.

Don't forget the swinging Trapeze and rock climbing.

Thank you so much for your blog. I have really enjoyed reading it and getting excited about our trip on 15th August. We will only be going to the Complimentary Restaurants. We will note to check when each of those restaurants are serving Menu 1 and 2 so we get to try them both and assume that if we like one particular menu we should get back to that restaurant to try other options on the same menu.

You did not mention trying the bumper cars, flow rider or iFly. I am looking forward to trying them. I am still a kid at heart.

We did do iFly, I mentioned it on day 3 I believe (wayyy back in the blog!). It was a lot of fun. I also pulled some info for people as far as redoing it on standby.

We didn't do any of the seaplex activities, as they were PACKED on sea days (very very long lines). Of them, I wish we had done rollerskating the most, personally.

One tip - if there is something you REALLY want to do, do it on day 1. The lines are shorter then as people get on. I think there was roller skating and bumper cars on day 1, and the north star of course.

A great blog, well done. Youve invested a lot of your honeymoon to post this info and I for one am greatful. We are on Anthem in 8 weeks and your posts have made us even more excited.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A great blog, well done. Youve invested a lot of your honeymoon to post this info and I for one am greatful. We are on Anthem in 8 weeks and your posts have made us even more excited.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ditto - thanks!

We'll be on a 12 nighter in November. Did they change the menus in the regular restaurants (American Icon, Silk, Chic), part way through the cruise?

----------------

Yes, several times. We thought it was 7 days one menu, 7 the other, but it appeared to be 4 days one, 4 days the other, then swapped again twice more.

Yes, several times. We thought it was 7 days one menu, 7 the other, but it appeared to be 4 days one, 4 days the other, then swapped again twice more.

At this pace, it will morph into just traditional dining. Between the DD Classic and all of this menu rotation, the original DD can no longer be found.

So on 14 days it was 4-4-3-3? Have you been told on the beginning of the cruise how they rotate it?

At this pace, it will morph into just traditional dining. Between the DD Classic and all of this menu rotation, the original DD can no longer be found.

Well you can still choose between restaurants - if you like certain type of food or dislike something else.

Thanks for your effort and taking the time to produce a great piece.

Not only did I enjoy a well-written and enjoyable blog, but it is especially useful as background and useful info for our trip (same itinerary) in a few weeks.

Not forgetting the good job done by your DW in stitching together and presenting the photos.

Excellant. Really enjoyed reading your blog thejewgernaut. I was on the same cruise and am tempted to write a review of my first cruise. Our cruise was for our 25th Wedding Anniversary and it was a more relaxed affair lol. Just the one booked excursion and stuck with the complementary restaurants. Like yourself I like my alcohol and have a super time.

Should I write about my experiences to assist others??

Excellant. Really enjoyed reading your blog thejewgernaut. I was on the same cruise and am tempted to write a review of my first cruise. Our cruise was for our 25th Wedding Anniversary and it was a more relaxed affair lol. Just the one booked excursion and stuck with the complementary restaurants. Like yourself I like my alcohol and have a super time.

Should I write about my experiences to assist others??

Definitely :eek:

Great review-- really enjoyed it!! Thanks for taking up valuable honeymoon time.

I was in Italy for 16 days in July. There were record breaking temps there-- has not been that hot at all for at least a decade. Just wanted to point that out for those considering this trip!! Apparently it's not always that bad--

As far as the menu rotation, I have been doing some research and apparently they are doing the 4 day rotation because DD classic diners rotate back in 4 days to the same restaurants. I've moved my dining around for February NUMEROUS times due to the constant changes!

I echo the thanks noted by everyone else...a most enjoyable read and very informative.

The OH and I sail on Anthem on 28th September to the Canaries. Having read your post, I now feel I don't have to attempt a mad panic of reservation booking prior to departure; I think we'll just go with the flow.

BTW I'll remember your comment about "us Brits" and our complaining - if there's anything to complaint about (though I hope not), I'll do it the American way, face to face, right there and then !! lol

Thanks again

I echo the thanks noted by everyone else...a most enjoyable read and very informative.

The OH and I sail on Anthem on 28th September to the Canaries. Having read your post, I now feel I don't have to attempt a mad panic of reservation booking prior to departure; I think we'll just go with the flow.

BTW I'll remember your comment about "us Brits" and our complaining - if there's anything to complaint about (though I hope not), I'll do it the American way, face to face, right there and then !! lol

Thanks again

Hope you've added your names to the Meet and Mingle!