How does the daily gratuities breakdown by job role?

Dear CC,

In the past there was a table which gave the breakdown of gratuities by role, ie Butler, waiter, cabin attend enter. With the recent increase it seems that this information is no longer available on Celebrity website. I did ask at Guest Services and told the daily rate is shared equally between 6 members of staff. Is this accurate?

Dear CC,

In the past there was a table which gave the breakdown of gratuities by role, ie Butler, waiter, cabin attend enter. With the recent increase it seems that this information is no longer available on Celebrity website. I did ask at Guest Services and told the daily rate is shared equally between 6 members of staff. Is this accurate?

Yes, six staff are randomly chosen and the rate is shared equally between them.

The captain of course counts for three, the first officer two, all other officers one, and any otherinsignificant staff 0.001

Based on the form I obtained on Millennium in April/May this year, the daily breakdown per person was:

• MDR Waiter $3.65

• MDR Assistant Waiter $2.10

• MDR Management $1.00

• Butler $3.50

• State Room Attendants $3.50

• Other $1.75

I have asked on these board how this has changed with the increase gratuities but not received any reply.

Based on the form I obtained on Millennium in April/May this year, the daily breakdown per person was:

• MDR Waiter $3.65

• MDR Assistant Waiter $2.10

• MDR Management $1.00

• Butler $3.50

• State Room Attendants $3.50

• Other $1.75

I have asked on these board how this has changed with the increase gratuities but not received any reply.

So, for those of us not in suites, does the stateroom attendant get $7 ?

Something doesn't add up. :confused:

Hi Yorkshire Pudding,

Hope your cruise is still going well!

We did querie last cruise. Key for us was that the Michael's club waiter, Luminae somalier and conceirge do not receive anything from the pre paid gratuities.

I don't know if this is the information you are looking for but thought it might be useful.

So, for those of us not in suites, does the stateroom attendant get $7 ?

Something doesn't add up. :confused:

Gratuities vary by stateroom class. From the X website.

• $12.95 per person, per day in standard staterooms

• $13.45 per person, per day in Concierge Class and AquaClass® staterooms

• $16.45 per person, per day in Suite Class

Gratuities vary by stateroom class. From the X website.

• $12.95 per person, per day in standard staterooms

• $13.45 per person, per day in Concierge Class and AquaClass® staterooms

• $16.45 per person, per day in Suite Class

I know that so are you saying that for Aqua

$3.65 Waiter

$2.10 Asst. waiter

$1.00 Blu management

$3.50 stateroom attendant

$3.50 (not applicable)

+$1.75 other

$12.00

Would apply? (With $1.45 unaccounted for)

Edited by chamima

What used to be gratuities has morphed into a service charge regardless of what they are now calling it. I've never seen or heard a good explanation of how these funds are distributed among the staff. The party line is that it is not only distributed to those that you see but also to those behind the scenes that you never see. If someone stands out a as being particularly helpful or performs over and above the expected level of service we give them an additional cash "tip".

I know that so are you saying that for Aqua

$3.65 Waiter

$2.10 Asst. waiter

$1.00 Blu management

$3.50 stateroom attendant

$3.50 (not applicable)

+$1.75 other

$12.00

Would apply? (With $1.45 unaccounted for)

If you read my post, the breakdown I gave was before the recent increase.

Hi Yorkshire Pudding,

Hope your cruise is still going well!

We did querie last cruise. Key for us was that the Michael's club waiter, Luminae somalier and conceirge do not receive anything from the pre paid gratuities.

I don't know if this is the information you are looking for but thought it might be useful.

If you are still on board, request a form to increase the gratuities. It will give the breakdown. It is where I got my information. If you do get an up-to-date breakdown, can you post it, please?

Enjoy your cruise.

If you are still on board, request a form to increase the gratuities. It will give the breakdown. It is where I got my information. If you do get an up-to-date breakdown, can you post it, please?

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for the idea! :)

Thanks all. We still have 5 days left but the crew have been exceptional and we want to recognise this. Due to a health change for one of our family members, we have spent more time on board than planned. Sylvia the MCC has been so accommodating as are many others the list for recognition is getting rather long hence the reason for trying to understand the breakdown.

This evening was our first in Blu. It was a nice service and food quality does not compare to Luminae and served lukewarm not hot. They did offer to change but we choose not to as would have extended the service. The two restaurants are chalk and cheese, comparing would not be fair. The maitre d' Arejan was sweet but overall there was not that jueneux ce quois.

I would comment that whilst a Blu was very accommodating, the vibes from other patrons was not always welcoming, not sure if we had a sign that said beastly suite people. It was quite funny really. Do wish folks would get over themselves, it's just a meal.

Project_gal will follow up with your suggestion. Ah, the World Bar beckons.

Enjoy your cruise.

Never heard of that, if it works it is indeed a very good idea!

by the cocktail waitress at the 5 to 7 Happy Hour...they receive nothing form the pre-paid grats. She said that only the "back-staff"...those we never see...receive those grats...eg...cooks/laundry staff etc. She said she gets nothing from those pre paid grats...and she also doesn't receive anything from an extra "grat" you might put on a particular drink if you buy one. The only "grat" she gets is the $$ you may or may not put in her pocket. And I also asked her about the "coupons"...did they get "grats" based on those they turned in and she said no. So...that's what I learned last week from an employee that has been with X for many years...I know that as I have sailed with her before. LuAnn

Went to Guest Services this morning for Extra Tip Form. It no longer gives breakdown by role. Instead you state total extra tip and then at the bottom state the percentage for

Dining services

Stateroom attendent

Assistant stateroom attendent

Other housekeeping services

Butler

I don't have scanning facilities but will do so when I return home.

Went to Guest Services this morning for Extra Tip Form. It no longer gives breakdown by role. Instead you state total extra tip and then at the bottom state the percentage for

Dining services

Stateroom attendent

Butler

Thanks for reporting back. It is disappointing, however, as the form we received on Millennium last April was the first time I had seen a breakdown on the form and I had, stupidly, assumed that they would continued to include the information.

I always use the breakdown as a aid when deciding the additional gratuities to give. Back to the drawing board!

This is the breakdown given by Carnival on their site. The total gratuity is $12.00 per person/per day.

It's broken down this way. $6.10 goes to the dining room staff. $3.90 goes to state room stewards/staff. $2.00 goes to Alternative services. Alternative services includes kitchen, entertainment, quest services and other hotel staff members.

Dining services

Stateroom attendent

Butler