trip insurance

beav2

We always use Insure my trip site, can find just abut any situation you may need covered. Many things you do not think about like, most have medical coverage in another country etc. any we make sure it is primary coverage. An important item for us is making sure the insurance will pay the hospital in advance so they will admit us if needed. Many hospitals make you pay for services up front and will hold your passport if bill not paid until it is.

Also, we were on a family vacation in 2008 with inlaws (DH's whole family from all over) when FIL fell and hit head on tile floor, ended up on life support and passing next day, total shock. With all that going on we had to get the body back home via emergency flight, unless you have had to deal with that issue, the cost of dealing with the hospital, the funeral home in another state and the flight was unbelievable (can you imagine being in a foreign country). Horrible for the grieving family in shock, so after that especially, trip insurance is very little cost and covers the unexpected!

We live in FL as well. However if something horrific happened and we had to get emergency care and evacuation it is extremely expensive. That is why we get the insurance through insuremytrip.com

That is a very good Idea, I always get trip insurance with insuremytrip. com also.

Gary

There are plenty of good reasons to purchase travel insurance, some of which have already been mentioned There are zero good reasons to not purchase it. We usually use Travel Guard and have had to use it twice out of our last dozen or so cruises, including a cancellation three days before cruise time, because of a very sick parent. I'm not experienced with other travel insurance policies, but I can confidently endorse Travel Guard.

I have had the Carnival insurance and third party insurance purchased through insuremytrip.com. I have had to cancel my cruise twice. The Carnival insurance paid immediately after getting the medical statement. Easy peasy!

The other one needed copies of the death certificate, the credit card statements showing when the deposit was paid and when the balance was paid. Also needed to private the hotel booking info and the credit card charge on the statement.

I had booked the cruise quite a while in advance so it took a while to get the statements from the bank because they were on my husband's card and we got online statements and he passed away so his account auto-closed. I had to go through h--l to ge the bank to make copies for me.

Once I got the info the insurance company wanted, it still took them a while to refund the money. That insurance I believe was from Roam Right. I am not using them for my next two cruises, but am using another insurance booked through insuremytrip.

I usually buy Carnival, but recently found out I have to have a pacemaker before our next cruise. I'm on the hunt for a coverage that includes pre-existing conditions. Any recommendations?

There is the CSA Custom Luxe policy that will provide for existing conditions if you purchase it within 24 hours of final payment. It is more expensive but it is one of the few you can buy if you booked your cruise more than 14 to 30 days ago. You can go to insure my trip dot com and find it there.

That is the company we use. If you buy the insurance within 15 days of deposit , the insurance does cover pre-existing conditions.

Yes, you're right. We always purchase it the same day that we book the cruise.

BTW, we always book using our Discover card. I got an email recently stating that Discover card will no longer cover for lost baggage or roadside service. So, one more reason to have travel insurance--one that covers it all.

We do not as it does not have the coverage we need, like pre-existing conditions.

We use Travel Guard and if we purchase it within a week (I believe this is the correct time) of booking our cruise, pre-existing conditions are covered. ;)

We live in FL as well. However if something horrific happened and we had to get emergency care and evacuation it is extremely expensive. That is why we get the insurance through insuremytrip.com

You're right! There hasn't been one single cruise that we've been on where there wasn't a need for immediate medical attention for a passenger. Either the passenger had to be evacuated from the ship or an ambulance waiting in a foreign port for the passenger. If you have Medicare, it's not accepted outside of the US. Accidents and illnesses have no age barriers. To believe it could never happen to you is foolish thinking. Also been on cruises where people have passed away on the ship. :eek:

We do not as it does not have the coverage we need, like pre-existing conditions.

Same here. We usually buy Travel Safe. And it is usually cheaper than the Carnival insurance. On our next cruise the CCL insurance was $95.00 per person. Got better coverage for $55.00 per person.

We never travel without trip insurance. I have a great TA that helps me with it. Many online sources like insuremytrip.com are a good resource. Obviously you can't predict the future. You get lots more coverage from a private policy. Do it.

I always but the travel insurance through an outside company, never Carnival. I used to work as a claims analyst for a travel insurance company and will never travel without it. It is much cheaper going through an outside company and it covers pre-existing conditions if you purchase the insurance within 21 days of your initial trip deposit.

We are booking our airfare with points is there any insurance companies you would recommend that would pay to bank your points back in your account if something would happen? We were looking at Nationwide but it doesn't look like they do it. Thanks

We are booking our airfare with points is there any insurance companies you would recommend that would pay to bank your points back in your account if something would happen? We were looking at Nationwide but it doesn't look like they do it. Thanks

There are policies like that. If you call the nice people at Insure my trip, they can quickly and easily look it up for you.

There are policies like that. If you call the nice people at Insure my trip, they can quickly and easily look it up for you.

Check out Travelex. We use their "select" version and I seem to remember that it covers the "redepositing" points fee.

I read a lot about trip insurance on here. The general consensus is that you'll get better coverage for a better price elsewhere. There are two popular websites - thetripinsurancestore and insuremytrip that are commonly recommended.

I just used insuremytrip for 3 of our cruises, thanks for the info!