NCL to have HUGE announcement August 4th.

Planefixer

To be honest, I am happy that Epic will be swapped by Spirit. :D

The itinerary changes are very interesting and exciting IMHO, especially Panama Canal on Jewel.

Wondering about the deployment for Europe in 2017. Might Jade sail from Copenhagen in 2017??

Star surely sails from Venice in summer 2017, after ending her Suez Canal cruise from Dubai in spring 2017.

I personally hope that Epic stays in Caribbean, so that we get Bliss or Escape in Mediterranean from Barcelona... [emoji5]️

I never understood why people would book (and thus freeze their money) for 18-24 months in advance. One thing is to book 6-9 months from sail date, which you have both certainty on your end and certainty on their end -- at least as much certainty as a cruise can have: remember is in the contract we all sign they can change the cruise whichever way they want or see fit.

Booking that far in advance is not a good idea, even if the "deal" has extra perks for early booking. You are basically giving a $500-1000 interest free loan to the line with zero guarantee the cruise will actually happen.

Not if you use an FCC for your deposit which you purchased with non-refundable NCL OBC AND get some freebies out of it. You never know when the freebies go away and you have no $ invested. Plus you get the cabin you want.

Edited by pizzalady1

I always book early. I am booked for December 2016 on the Escape. Paid a small deposit that is all. It is refundable. The promos and options made it hard not to book. Now the promos have changed and the price has gone up by nearly $2000.00 total. I would prefer to spend less now rather than more later

NORWEGIANS SAIL TO ASIA AND AUSTRALIA

EmailSign Up For Special Offers PhoneLet Us Call You Call Your Travel Professional Facebook Google+

Land of Ancient Cultures and Futuristic Landscapes

Shop for bright silks and spices in the souks of Egypt, ride an elephant in Thailand, discover the breathtaking beaches and cascading waterfalls of Malaysia, then satisfy your inner foodie in China. Mystique, beauty and timeless traditions are ready to be discovered.

ASIA CRUISES

Where the Great Outdoors are even Greater

Browse authentic Aboriginal art pieces in Darwin, ride through rugged mountains and waterfalls in Cairns, and then make your way to the tranquil golden beaches and lush forests of Auckland. Australia and New Zealand will fuel your thirst for adventure, on land and sea.

AUSTRALIA CRUISES

From NCL.com

Edited by biker@sea

After over a year in Europe, Norwegian Cruise Line’s largest ship, Norwegian Epic, will return to Florida to homeport in Port Canaveral.

In November 2016, the Epic, the third largest cruise ship in the world, will come home to Florida for seven-day Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries. The Eastern itinerary will include stops in Tortola, British Virgin Islands; St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands; and Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas. The Western itinerary will include Cozumel, Mexico; George Town, Grand Cayman; Ocho Rios, Jamaica; and Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas.

In January and March 2017, it will also offer three and four-day itineraries to the Bahamas with stops in Nassau and Great Stirrup Cay.

In November 2015, Norwegian Spirit will homeport at Canaveral through April 2016.

photo: Flickr Creative Commons

All I can tell you is I am a CPA and I have saved tons of money over the years b/c I booked early. When Royal first came out with the BOGOHO sale, I booked a ton of cruises at a really cheap price. Now those cruises are SO MUCH MORE expensive than what I paid. So yes, it does make sense to book early.

In addition, on week long cruises I may want a specific area of the ship, like a HUMP balcony on Royal. By booking early I get the cabin I want.

Right now I have Summit booked for April 2017. Why? Because I booked it at a great rate with the 123Go promo was still on. Already the price is higher than I paid.

More great information, thank you. Another thing to consider.

What's a HUMP balcony? Is that for the Bill Clinton Presidential Suite?

More great information, thank you. Another thing to consider.

What's a HUMP balcony? Is that for the Bill Clinton Presidential Suite?

Funny:p

On Royal, there are bowed out areas on the ship that are known as Hump Balconies. We love those b/c as a rule they are centrally located and when on your balcony you have a great view both right and left b/c you are further out from the ship vs the other balconies. So we try to get the center hump balcony which we love. They usually go fairly fast which is why I normally book our longer cruises early.