Grand Class Caribe Deck

jamesnnb

People from the decks above can look down on the exposed part of the balcony. It doesn't bother me, but I know some don't care for that.

In turn, you can look over at the Dolphin balconies below since they are completely uncovered. ;) Another good thing about Caribe is the cabin floors above and below which might help with potential noise issues.

Can anyone tell me if a premium balcony on caribe deck on the coral is alot larger balcony like the grand class. I cant find the size of the balconies anywhere.

No, they are about the same....only based on the location on the ship.

Check this link for info on the Coral.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Princess/odell/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

As far as I know all caribe deck balconies are larger than standard. On the Coral these cabins are regular balcony with 9x9 balconies or mini suites with 9x7 balconies

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Princess/odell/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Can anyone tell me if a premium balcony on caribe deck on the coral is alot larger balcony like the grand class. I cant find the size of the balconies anywhere.
The category B1 and B2 balconies on Caribe deck should be very similar to the Grand class Caribe balconies.

I booked a balcony on the caribe deck for our next cruise c304
Unfortunately cabin C304 is in the forward "bump out" section and those balconies are only 5'x9', not 9'x9'. The balcony is fully covered. Edited by IECalCruiser

Unfortunately cabin C304 is in the forward "bump out" section and those balconies are only 5'x9', not 9'x9'. The balcony is fully covered.
No I think you're wrong it's handicapped acessable cabin
I checked with princess it is 9x9
I thought you were referring to the Coral from the post before. On most Grand class ships C304 is an accessible cabin. Those cabins a half again as wide as a standard balcony cabin so your balcony will be closer to 13.5x9.

Check this link for info on the Coral.

As far as I know all caribe deck balconies are larger than standard. On the Coral these cabins are regular balcony with 9x9 balconies or mini suites with 9x7 balconies

this is the info i was looking for. thank you so much for your reply

that is odd. I've not yet been on a ship that has balconies with no cover at all.

This would be our first Princess cruise (next year, Alaska).

what might be a better deck? We want mini-suites, mid-ship. Would any of those have at least partially covered balconies?

Mary

What ship?

On Grand Class type ships they are all exposed on Dolphin and they have 12 or so aft on Emerald deck. Fully covered very quiet and very sought after because there are so few.

We'll be on Grand.

We know we need to be mid-ship for as little motion as possible (Alaska R/T San Francisco). I guess we'll try it and see how it turns out :-)

I can see an advantage of great views with no balcony cover, which will be nice in Alaska. Of course, there is the con of no cover during rain. But, we'll have raingear anyway :-)

These must be ok, if there's an entire deck of them.

Mary

We'll be on Grand.

We know we need to be mid-ship for as little motion as possible (Alaska R/T San Francisco). I guess we'll try it and see how it turns out :-)

I can see an advantage of great views with no balcony cover, which will be nice in Alaska. Of course, there is the con of no cover during rain. But, we'll have raingear anyway :-)

These must be ok, if there's an entire deck of them.

Mary

Well the forward most mini on Emerald deck is probably only 1/4 of the way from the aft/back of the ship. I don't think there will be much difference in movement from those forward most minis on Emerald deck and being exactly midship. They are fantastic cabins. If you do book one make sure and have the booking marked "no upgrade" or you may end up with an upgrade to Dolphin deck! :eek:

We were able to see the northern lights when we did a land/sea tour of Alaska a few years ago when we stayed the night in Denali but, wondered if a they are ever visible from any port the ships visit? bob

Oops, meant for this to be in the general forum, but perhaps some here can reply.

Edited by 19woody19