2016 Tunis replacement port?

TW6cruiser

We just booked a late May cruise from Barcelona to Rome. One of the ports is Tunis. I know this year that port has been cancelled due to violence but where is Princess going instead? I'm certainly fine with missing this stop next year if it is not safe but it's still on the schedule. But no excursions are listed so that leads me to think that they are still deciding what to do.

Hi. We go from Barcelona , Marseille, Genoa, Florence, sea day, Tunis, Sicily, Rome. So maybe Naples is a good guess.

This is the same itinerary as our first 7 days this year and we are going to Malta. Our second week the first stop is Naples after Rome so presume that's why it's Malta rather then Naples, I suggest you check out what the next 7 days itinerary is.

I have a cruise planned for August 2016 with a planned stop in Tunis. I believe that Princess won't make a decision until sometime next year in early 2016. I and my wife won't be getting off the ship even if they do make the stop. Just not that safe for me and with that said Princess will not take Tunis on if they can not guarantee the safety of its passengers.

I just don't see why they can't take it off the itinerary - at least for a couple of years? I wanted to sail with them in 2016 but booked the Harmony because I want to know before I book.

Granted things can change with any of the other ports too but Tunis just needs to be omitted now.....IMHO anyway.

We just booked a late May cruise from Barcelona to Rome. One of the ports is Tunis. I know this year that port has been cancelled due to violence but where is Princess going instead? I'm certainly fine with missing this stop next year if it is not safe but it's still on the schedule. But no excursions are listed so that leads me to think that they are still deciding what to do.

You are a long way out. They did not cancel Tunis port calls this season until about 8-12 weeks out. Lots more can happen between now and then.

I'm sure it's way too soon to change ports. All the other ports that have been listed here are already on the Med itinerary next year so they would be dupes for people taking longer portions of the Med. The schedule is basically 1 week rolling cruises. You can take a 7, 14, 21 or 28 day cruise depending how many places you want to go to. The 28 day Med encompasses all the ports (outside of the TA).

Thanks for all of your comments and suggestions. I did look and some of the upcoming cruises this year have Malta. Next year's 7 day after ours includes Naples so maybe it will be Malta to not have the ports repeat for those doing the longer versions.

I have a cruise planned for August 2016 with a planned stop in Tunis. I believe that Princess won't make a decision until sometime next year in early 2016. I and my wife won't be getting off the ship even if they do make the stop. Just not that safe for me and with that said Princess will not take Tunis on if they can not guarantee the safety of its passengers.

Princess can't GUARANTEE the safety its passengers against terrorists!

Thanks for all of your comments and suggestions. I did look and some of the upcoming cruises this year have Malta. Next year's 7 day after ours includes Naples so maybe it will be Malta to not have the ports repeat for those doing the longer versions.

I'm actually surprised Princess hasn't taken it off already. Having Tunis on the itinerary I would think would be a major detractor for people booking and people want to see where they're going instead not roll the dice.

We were due to go to Tunis on our cruise this Aug 29, instead of Tunis, the replacement port is Salerno, Italy.

• 1 month later...

Our early May itinerary changed to

Barcelona

Cartagena (Es)

Gibraltar

Marseille

Genoa

Florence/Pisa (Livor

Rome (Civitavecchia)

05:00A