Ridiculous Konningsdam Price Increase Already

Are you sure some of this price increase doesn't have something to do with the CND nose diving?

a very good point. I always use the wrong term but HAL buys/"hedges" (wrong term I am sure someone will say) for their Cdn Dollar pricing and it was all re-priced a short while ago.

I am SO glad I booked the Westerdam cruise when I did for next year. It is over a $1,000 difference now because I "locked" in at that price back then.

Hi. We have a booking on Konningsdam in September 2016 for 14 nights from Amsterdam with a fare of $3900 for a balcony. We booked the room soon after the itinerary was released. This week we noticed that the fare has increased to $4398 for the same room type due to the explore 4 offer coming into play. If we were people who had 15 drinks per day at $7 each per drink(explore offer drinks package) it may be worth us paying the difference but even with the Pinnacle Grill dinner the explore offer isn't for us.

Interestingly we noticed today that PRINCESS CRUISES 11 night cruise in August 2016 on REGAL PRINCESS from Copenhagen has actually REDUCED IN PRICE BY $600 PP from the original price release.

Hi. We have a booking on Konningsdam in September 2016 for 14 nights from Amsterdam with a fare of $3900 for a balcony. We booked the room soon after the itinerary was released. This week we noticed that the fare has increased to $4398 for the same room type due to the explore 4 offer coming into play. If we were people who had 15 drinks per day at $7 each per drink(explore offer drinks package) it may be worth us paying the difference but even with the Pinnacle Grill dinner the explore offer isn't for us.

Interestingly we noticed today that PRINCESS CRUISES 11 night cruise in August 2016 on REGAL PRINCESS from Copenhagen has actually REDUCED IN PRICE BY $600 PP from the original price release.

The Regal Princess price has come down to $2900 for a balcony in a similar position to ours on Konningsdam.

We booked our Koningsdam Vista cabin - 10 days - for $1599 last Friday. The next day it was $2099 (pp). We could rebook at the higher price and now get Explore4 package, but at a cost of $500 pp we did not feel it was worth it FOR US. Others might feel differently.

So, in our case the price went up over 30%, but they threw in a nice package to offset it.

Similar scenario here too but decided not to take the Explore4. We consume little alcohol so the low cruise fare attracts us more.

Currency fluctuations are an issue for us now that our currency is falling and the slide will continue. We moved money into our USD account some time ago. To make money and to protect ourselves when buying cruises/travel priced in USD. The Euro is still reasonable for us and we have been buying this in preparation for our upcoming travel.

It might be worth mentioning that cruises on Regal Princess didn't sell well this season and were heavily discounted throughout the whole summer , perhaps because other cruise lines offered the better itineraries? Same with the Eurodam - cruises out of Copenhagen just didn't sell which was fine for us: we were able to take advantage of a very nice price.

if anyone out there believes the hype by HAL that the Explore 4 package is FREE.. I have an old Bridge from my old neighborhood I can sell you..

Our Explore 4 cruise cost the same with or without the package. Question about our bridge: Can we charge a toll? Is it a new bridge, or some rickety old thing? If the bridge is old or needs painting, we're going to ask for extra OBC and at least one Tamarind dinner.

Folks that got the EX4 free were doing good.

For us, the cost for EX4 was 527.00 per person more. When I did the math, 3 drinks a day for 7 days and Dinner at Pinnacle Grill is less than 250.00 so I would be paying an additional amount of money that I would never have paid in the first place. I imagine this would work for people who drink a lot on a cruise but I don't so why pay for it.

I have to say when pricing my cruise on Koningsdam everyone I talked to was only pushing EX4 even HAL. I had to really hunt for a good price for the cabin alone.

Our Explore 4 cruise cost the same with or without the package. Question about our bridge: Can we charge a toll? Is it a new bridge, or some rickety old thing? If the bridge is old or needs painting, we're going to ask for extra OBC and at least one Tamarind dinner.

It's a bridge over murky waters :) Buyer beware :p

If HAL insists on raising prices to help cover the Explore4 promotion, you can bet people will look to other cruise lines.

Don't look to Celebrity. They are doing the same thing. Seems to be a coordinated tactic :(

Don't look to Celebrity. They are doing the same thing. Seems to be a coordinated tactic :(

It's an industry-wide conspiracy to seperate you and your money.

It worked so well when the cruise lines killed Kennedy, they are trying it again with your wallet.