What to do in Coco Cay and St. Maarten

Coco Cay is strictly a beach day...RCI's private island. Come and go as you like...you don't have to spend the entire day there, if beaches aren't your thing!

Unlike St. Maarten, there's really nothing else but "beach" things to do on Coco Cay.

To see all that St. Maarten offers, google it, or get a guidebook to help you decide what to do there!

Hubby and I sailing Eastern Carib in November. Not booking excursions thru the ship so need some suggestions as what there is to do. Saw some postings about Capt Bob in St. Maarten - any other suggestions?? What about Coco Cay?

Go to Maho Beach in St Maarten

In Coco Cay, we're going to snorkel on our own and just lay about, assuming we get to tender, lol.

In St. Martin, we've booked with Capt Bob. We heard so many great reviews, and we really wanted to get in as much water time as possible, we thought that would be best. Lots of ideas can be had on the excursions board.

Hubby and I sailing Eastern Carib in November. Not booking excursions thru the ship so need some suggestions as what there is to do. Saw some postings about Capt Bob in St. Maarten - any other suggestions?? What about Coco Cay?

Check out BlueSararis on Trip Advisor. They are fantastic! Kirsten, Fab, & Sander are the absolute best!

We've done there snorkel, speed boat, full drinks and lunch (6hrs) 4 times with our last one taking their Anguilla trip.

I can not say enough about them.

We stayed on the island of St Maarten for a week this past summer and did two boat tour/trips with them.

Check them out and see for yourself.

They are so accommodating for all age groups and the lunch is nothing but FANTASTIC!

Check out BlueSararis on Trip Advisor. They are fantastic! Kirsten, Fab, & Sander are the absolute best!

We've done there snorkel, speed boat, full drinks and lunch (6hrs) 4 times with our last one taking their Anguilla trip.

We stayed on the island of St Maarten for a week this past summer and did two boat tour/trips with them.

They are so accommodating for all age groups and the lunch is nothing but FANTASTIC!

I also forgot to mention that not only do you have 3 snorkel stops, but that on this water tour the explain a lot about the island with numerous highlight stops on both the Dutch and French side. You also get approx. a 1 hour Pinel Island visit where Orient Beach is on the horizon, and Maho Beach being the last visit to see a jumbo jet land before heading back to the ship. Such awesome fun memorable memories to be had.

Do the Coco Cay cabanas get offered to the general public. We only got one when we stayed in Ben & Jerry Sweet

Suites get first crack, but you can get on a waiting list and get one if they are not all taken by the suite guests. Go to the Shore Excursions desk as early as possible.

On Coco Cay, walk down to east end of Barefoot Beach. There will be fewer people there. Just recently in May, we found we could just snorkel among several stingrays just off the beach. One of the highlights of our visit on the island.

I'm thinking you meant Blue Safaris with an "f" instead of an "r"???

Coco Cay my wife and I did the Jet ski tour. It was fun, then we went back to the ship and enjoyed a quiet afternoon by the pool. On St Maarten we took a short walk and did a boat tour with Captain Mike on a boat. Several stops to snorkel and see the sights of the island, lunch at a French beach restaurant and lots of beer and rum included. A grand day indeed.

Suites get first crack, but you can get on a waiting list and get one if they are not all taken by the suite guests. Go to the Shore Excursions desk as early as possible.

Which Cabana experience is better. Coco Cay or Barefoot Beach on Labadee. Laura is doing B2B in Ocober and wanted to take a friend for a cabana

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Which Cabana experience is better. Coco Cay or Barefoot Beach on Labadee. Laura is doing B2B in Ocober and wanted to take a friend for a cabana

They are different experiences so it's hard to say which is better.

The upgraded lunch is about the same.

At Coco Cay, we got bottled water, champagne, a fruit plate, snorkel gear, and floating mats. However, we had to walk a ways to the water because Coco Cay cabanas are not close to the beach.

At Labadee, we got bottled water and floating mats. However, we could jump right in the water because we had over-water cabanas.

In coco cay we always go to the each close to the water slide ( right side of the beach)

In St Marteen we go to a beach that is close to the nude beach but I can't remember the name :-(

Orient, on French side is very popular and has nude sections

They are different experiences so it's hard to say which is better.

The upgraded lunch is about the same.

At Coco Cay, we got bottled water, champagne, a fruit plate, snorkel gear, and floating mats. However, we had to walk a ways to the water because Coco Cay cabanas are not close to the beach.

At Labadee, we got bottled water and floating mats. However, we could jump right in the water because we had over-water cabanas.

Location of cabana definately makes a difference, but there is also a cost. Never left the compound in coco Cay, so no need for floats or snorkel. Bathrooms were closer in coco Cay. Labadee had golf cart, that was fun. One last thing, when we were in CC, the cabanas had no electricity, so no plugs or fans.

Just a thought on the CoCo Cay Cabana: we boarded FOS today and I was at the shore excursion desk by 1:30pm. All cabanas were reserved and only 3 "cabanettes" remained. Be sure to book as early as possible. If you wait, you likely won't be able to get one.